Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    The gap has grown to 12 points after Celtic win today.
  • Options
    That all. 
  • Options
    That all. 
    Well. 12 points AND 29 goals 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
  • Options
    With Celtic drawing at home today against Motherwell, the gap could be closed to 10 pts should rangers win tomorrow.
  • Options
    With Celtic drawing at home today against Motherwell, the gap could be closed to 10 pts should rangers win tomorrow.

How many games are left and do they still have to play Rangers at all? Assuming they are nailed on to win the league though. Thanks.
  • Options
    3rd 29 points behind 2nd......Aberdeen/Rangers.
  • Options

How many games are left and do they still have to play Rangers at all? Assuming they are nailed on to win the league though. Thanks.
    Celtic need 6 pts more, or at least 5 with a much better goal difference. They have to play each other in the Scottish cup only.
  • Options
    A couple of last day winner takes it all with Dundee V Queen's Park and Bonnyrigg Rose vs Elgin City.

Queen's Park in the SPL boggles the mind, shame they aren't at Hampden anymore, or amateur.

• Options
    3rd 29 points behind 2nd......Aberdeen/Rangers.
    26 points now as they’ve just beaten Rangers 2-0 
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Celtic need 6 pts more, or at least 5 with a much better goal difference. They have to play each other in the Scottish cup only.
    There will be one more Old Firm league game, I assume at Rangers.  Today was the last round of fixtures before the daft split that they still do up there. Fixtures announced later today or tomorrow. With Celtic 13 points clear, 3 points from the last 5 games will do it and possibly only 2 needed given goal difference is so superior. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure who played worse this weekend, Charlton or Rangers!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Not sure who played worse this weekend, Charlton or Rangers!

Posts like this are why we need a third reaction choice!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

There will be one more Old Firm league game, I assume at Rangers.  Today was the last round of fixtures before the daft split that they still do up there. Fixtures announced later today or tomorrow. With Celtic 13 points clear, 3 points from the last 5 games will do it and possibly only 2 needed given goal difference is so superior. 
    So Ranger will have to give Celtic a guard of honour?😂😂
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

So Ranger will have to give Celtic a guard of honour?😂😂
    Well I assume they won't want Rangers-Celtic to be the game where Celtic win the title, so presumably that fixture will be one of the last of the five they still have to set up.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

I actually quite like the split. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    TelMc32 said:

Just feels daft that Livingstone could finish 7th, with more points than Aberdeen in 3rd.  That’s the extreme, but they could well have more than a team that gets a European place 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    se9addick said:
    TelMc32 said:

Just feels daft that Livingstone could finish 7th, with more points than Aberdeen in 3rd.  That’s the extreme, but they could well have more than a team that gets a European place 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Yeah it’s definitely a possibility (and the team in 7th will definitely end up with more points than the team in sixth). That being said, in the EFL a team that finishes 5th can be promoted over a team that finishes 3rd through the playoffs so it’s not dramatically different.

My Mum’s side of the family are St Mirren supporters so I have a soft spot for them. On social media this weekend their fans have been over the moon at finishing in the top six of the split for the first time ever. I guess that evidence that it creates something to play for/celebrate for the teams that typically wouldn’t be in the relegation fight but have zero chance of the title.
  • Options

Celtic have been handed the chance to retain the Scottish title against Heart of Midlothian after being sent to Tynecastle Stadium for the first game after the Premiership split.

Ange Postecoglou's side currently lead by 13 points with five games remaining.

Should Celtic lose in Edinburgh on 7 May and Rangers win their first game at home to Aberdeen, a potential title-decider will be delayed to Ibrox.

Saturday 13 May is the date set for the final Old Firm derby of the season.

• Options
    Suas na Ceiltich ☘️☘️☘️☘️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Celtic have been handed the chance to retain the Scottish title against Heart of Midlothian after being sent to Tynecastle Stadium for the first game after the Premiership split.

Ange Postecoglou's side currently lead by 13 points with five games remaining.

Should Celtic lose in Edinburgh on 7 May and Rangers win their first game at home to Aberdeen, a potential title-decider will be delayed to Ibrox.

Saturday 13 May is the date set for the final Old Firm derby of the season.

Gives Rangers, in a stadium of only their fans, the opportunity to show good grace and provide that guard of honour then 👍🏻😉
  • Options
    Neither club does the guard of honour.

Was the last old firm game to decide a title when Celtic fans assaulted Hugh Dallas?
  • Options

Was the last old firm game to decide a title when Celtic fans assaulted Hugh Dallas?
    In 2000?  No time for either set who cause trouble like this.  The game in March last year where the Celtic physio was attacked & scarred for life probably has a lot to do with both sets of fans now being barred from each other’s grounds. 
  • Options
    hope they don't win it at Tynecastle, let the arseholes fight it out in Glasgow 
  • Options
    Wasn't there a few sniggles when he was appointed. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Anyone think we'll ever see another non Old Firm winner of the league in Scotland again?
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Now that the season is over for rangers will they concede a penalty?
  • Options
    Wasn't there a few sniggles when he was appointed. 
    Lots of disappointed Celtic fans as well. He'll definitely be getting attention south of the border, superb manager.
    TelMc32 said:

In 2000?  No time for either set who cause trouble like this.  The game in March last year where the Celtic physio was attacked & scarred for life probably has a lot to do with both sets of fans now being barred from each other’s grounds. 
    1999. I don't think an old firm game has crowned a champion since.