Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    Thrilled for Ross County!
  • Options
    You can only beat what is in front of you.

Or in Celtic's case what is a long, long way behind you.
    Indeed and the other lot would bite your hand off to get anywhere near it. Green shirt of envy and bitterness showing their colours. They would be saying the same if it was the other way round.

Remember splitting themselves when the manager arrived. 
    Rangers recent record in Europe is miles better than Celtic. Wins against the likes of Dortmund, PSV, Braga, Leipzig, Galatasaray and Feyenoord.

Meanwhile Celtic have been knocked out of Europe 12 times in the last 6 seasons.
  • Options
    Being a Partick fan I am gutted, we threw it away with 17 minutes to go 
  • Options
    Looks like Ange is Spurs bound.

This might open up the league again.

What is really needed is a third force but I don't think it is going to happen as the economics won't allow it.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

What is really needed is a third force but I don't think it is going to happen as the economics won't allow it.
    Closest i can remember was about 15-20 years when Hearts had Romanov as their owner. They started the season brilliantly, winning all their first 7-8 games and it looked like a title race was on.

But then their manager George Burley fell out with the owner, left, and it all went pear-shaped after that. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Closest i can remember was about 15-20 years when Hearts had Romanov as their owner. They started the season brilliantly, winning all their first 7-8 games and it looked like a title race was on.

But then their manager George Burley fell out with the owner, left, and it all went pear-shaped after that. 
    Although in football terms Glasgow is the biggest city in Scotland I am in some ways surprised that Edinburgh has never produced a club which matches the Old Firm especially when Rangers were relegated.

Although I would normally support Celtic in the Old Firm debate I would prefer a third force to come through and challenge seriously.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Looks like Post has gone to Spurs...oh well  O'neil, Rodgers and now this.
  • Options
    I’m not surprised, although really disappointed to see Celtic lose him. I hope they carry on with the progressive mindset that identified Ange in the first place and not revert to any old familiar names. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    I’m not surprised, although really disappointed to see Celtic lose him. I hope they carry on with the progressive mindset that identified Ange in the first place and not revert to any old familiar names. 
    Agree

Hope they don't go for a Lampard  type "name" or an ex-player like Brown.

Rodgers was great last time but not sure he should go back.

• Options
    Agree with both above... Just hope he doesn't asset strip the club... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Kyogo would be a huge loss. Could well prove as big a hit as Henrik did when he left the “pub league” to join Man U and then Barcelona. If Levy does cash in on Kane as expected, could see him as a realistic replacement. Celtic have done well to get decent transfer fees in recent years, albeit some players have then moved on for a lot more when they’ve “proved” themselves down south. 
  • Options
    Spurs fans don’t give managers time. A Spurs team without Kane and with the job of trying to replace him will be a hugely difficult task and I just can’t see Ange or any other manager for that fact, getting the time to try and build something there. All that said I think Ange is a very astute manager and he may pull a rabbit out of a hat. As others have said I fear he may strip a few gems from Parkhead but hopefully the plans for life after him have been in hand since well before the end of this season. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Kyogo would be a huge loss. Could well prove as big a hit as Henrik did when he left the “pub league” to join Man U and then Barcelona. If Levy does cash in on Kane as expected, could see him as a realistic replacement. Celtic have done well to get decent transfer fees in recent years, albeit some players have then moved on for a lot more when they’ve “proved” themselves down south. 
    The odd very good player doesn’t change the overall perception of the league as being fairly low standard. 

No one was bigging up the Liberian league because they had George Weah playing there once. 
  • Options
    You can only beat what is in front of you.

Or in Celtic's case what is a long, long way behind you.
    Indeed and the other lot would bite your hand off to get anywhere near it. Green shirt of envy and bitterness showing their colours. They would be saying the same if it was the other way round.

Remember splitting themselves when the manager arrived. 
    Rangers recent record in Europe is miles better than Celtic. Wins against the likes of Dortmund, PSV, Braga, Leipzig, Galatasaray and Feyenoord.

Meanwhile Celtic have been knocked out of Europe 12 times in the last 6 seasons.
    But what’s that got to do with who is the better team when you need to compare like with like opponents in a league format? 

Are Liverpool and Chelsea better than Man City as they won trophies in Europe over the last 5 years ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    TelMc32 said:
    The odd very good player doesn’t change the overall perception of the league as being fairly low standard. 

No one was bigging up the Liberian league because they had George Weah playing there once. 
    There has always been the question raised how well would Celtic and Rangers do in the Premier, something we'll probably never know.
    However, the rest of the SPL is Championship standard at best.
    As soon as any manager gets to test himself in the Premier League they will come, apart from the money they'll receive as well.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    It’s the Scottish Premiership, my nan could manage them and win the league 
  • Options
    Being a Partick fan I am gutted, we threw it away with 17 minutes to go 

Hope Patrick go up next season. Play offs are cruel.  
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Might just be lazy journalism given he's Celtic's main player, but tons of news sites are reporting that he'll take Kyogo with him.
  • Options
    the Celtic manager will be binned by Spurs before Christmas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I havent the computer skills to attach it, but regarding the Nan comment above - search English Nan versus Scottish football on You Tube - its by Paddy Power
  • Options
    the Celtic manager will be binned by Spurs before Christmas
    I get this, but tbf to the geezer he's got a decent CV and deserves a chance.
    Levy has been the guvnor for too long if you follow totteringham.
    The aussie will not care, he'll make sure his pay off is decent before he signs the contract.
    1961, big club my a***.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

• Options
    Just asking if we are starting a new thread?
  • Options
    Just asking if we are starting a new thread?
    Don’t think it’s necessary!

Rangers were atrocious, not worth rushing back from the Valley to watch that on TV!
  • Options
    Anyone know who this prick is?
  • Options
    jondon76 said:
    Had the misfortune to have him sat behind me once in the lower north when we played Liverpool many years ago, he called Phil Babb a Paddy c@nt. I called him out on it. He had his son with him, who was per school age, fine example to him. Anyway I popped out to go the loo, he followed, only then realised that I was somewhat bigger than he thought I was sitting down. He soon became very quiet.
  • Options
    Is that the thread title? Who's it aimed at? Yourself?
  • Options
    It’s my nickname 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    jondon76 said:
    Had the misfortune to have him sat behind me once in the lower north when we played Liverpool many years ago, he called Phil Babb a Paddy c@nt. I called him out on it. He had his son with him, who was per school age, fine example to him. Anyway I popped out to go the loo, he followed, only then realised that I was somewhat bigger than he thought I was sitting down. He soon became very quiet.

And this is the forum that is supposedly being used to release info by one of the SMT at the club.   The moderator who was in the directors box for the Orient game.
    Dear oh dear.