Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    Celtic take back advantage for the title with a 2-1 win over rangers. 
  • Options
    Celtic take back advantage for the title with a 2-1 win over rangers. 
    Weird one, I thought Rangers played well, but we were just unable to take some of the very decent chances created. Celtic on the other have players (on in particular) who can score from half chances. 

Some of the refereeing decisions were questionable, but ultimately I think it comes down to Rangers’ poor finishing. 

Still all to play for, hopefully someone buys Kyogo in the January window!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Do like a bit of rangers pie and tart. Superb performance with a very makeshift back four. Well done lads. In Scotland now will enjoy a few tonight. 
  • Options
    As pony as Scottish football is (I have my fair share of pony football with Charlton) this fixture is the one I love to watch , two teams going at it hammer and tong like lunatics 
    complete madness in the stands from both sets of bigoted Cnut fans 
    it’s brilliant 
    I want both teams to lose and win , just for the scenes in the stands , the carnage on the pitch 
    it is the best fixture in the world 

• Options
    As pony as Scottish football is (I have my fair share of pony football with Charlton) this fixture is the one I love to watch , two teams going at it hammer and tong like lunatics 
    it’s brilliant 
    I want both teams to lose and win , just for the scenes in the stands , the carnage on the pitch 

You only get one set of fans in the stands these days unfortunately. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    it’s brilliant 

Oh you’re joking ffs 
    I knew it had happened thought it was just a one or two off . I was moaning the camera didn’t pan to rangers fans ffs when they pulled that brilliant free kick back but had the sound on low ish cos we were doing a belated Christmas Day at my sisters .

is this indefinite , why has this been called on … old bill had enough of the agg on matchday ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    it’s brilliant 

Oh you’re joking ffs 
    I knew it had happened thought it was just a one or two off . I was moaning the camera didn’t pan to rangers fans ffs when they pulled that brilliant free kick back but had the sound on low ish cos we were doing a belated Christmas Day at my sisters .

is this indefinite , why has this been called on … old bill had enough of the agg on matchday ?
    It was more the clubs themselves they caused it I believe (although I’m sure the police are pretty happy). They both started reducing one another’s allocations and it all got a bit tit for tat and before you know it there’s no away fans at all.
  • Options
    Shame , hopefully they change it soon , it’s just too mental a game not To have away fans in frothing at the mouth .
  • Options
    I know it's unlikely but they really should sort it out and go back to the old allocations, which i think was about 7k for away fans.

I'm sure most supporters as well as the players from each side would prefer that as it adds to the occasion.

Rangers did actually offer Celtic about 700 tickets (which they offer to all teams) for the first game this season but Celtic turned it down, although i'm not sure why.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    STOP PRESS

Rangers concede a penalty for the first time in 74 league games.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    it’s brilliant 

the Edinburgh Derby is so much better to watch for the neutral because of this
  • Options
    Rangers only 3 points behind with a game in hand  
    https://youtu.be/Xq_UdQc9xp8?feature=shared
  • Options
    Clement has certainly turned things around since he came in. 18 wins in 22 games, won a trophy, topped their Europa league group by winning away at Betis, and if they win their game in hand he will have closed a 7 point gap on Celtic.
  • Options
    Clement has certainly turned things around since he came in. 18 wins in 22 games, won a trophy, topped their Europa league group by winning away at Betis, and if they win their game in hand he will have closed a 7 point gap on Celtic.
    Yea his doing a good job
     vast impoverishment on Beale brought in 3 good signings in this window as well
     I think it will all come down to the game against Celtic at Ibrox as to who will win the league as I can't see Rangers slipping up till then 
    So Mon the Gers 
  • Options
    Rangers play Aberdeen on Tuesday that will be interesting if they win that by more than 2 they go top on goal difference 
    Neil Warnock even though he's a Rangers supporter is taking charge of Aberdeen but I don't know if he will be in charge for the game at Ibrox 

• Options
    Since when was Warnock a Rangers supporter? Hasn't he always been a Sheffield United fan?
  • Options
    Since when was Warnock a Rangers supporter? Hasn't he always been a Sheffield United fan?
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-guy-neil-warnock-achieves-32041885

Bit tenuous…anyone would think Warnock would say anything to ingratiate himself with a potential employer/fan base 😉
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-guy-neil-warnock-achieves-32041885

Bit tenuous…anyone would think Warnock would say anything to ingratiate himself with a potential employer/fan base 😉
    Ha the fact that he is a blue nose won't go down well with the Aberdeen faithful 
    They hate The Gers Ha 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Correct, and United fans are divided on him.

A bloody shame we did not take him on.
  • Options
    Correct, and United fans are divided on him.

A bloody shame we did not take him on.
    He is firstly a utd fan but your find football fans of a certain background or believes will mostly follow either Celtic or Rangers 
     I also would have loved him to manage us his old school no nonsense manager who tells it how it is & he sadly wouldn't fit in with us we seem to go for yes men & his far from that 

• Options
    Wellred said:
    TelMc32 said:

Ha the fact that he is a blue nose won't go down well with the Aberdeen faithful 
    They hate The Gers Ha 

He’ll get a chance to immediately win them over tomorrow night 😉
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Wellred said:
    TelMc32 said:

They hate The Gers Ha 

He will win them over no problem once he starts getting results tonight he will set them up to sit in & hit Rangers on the counter & make them hard to break down can also see a few yellow cards as he loves a physical side ha

• Options
    Wellred said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Wellred said:
    TelMc32 said:

They hate The Gers Ha 

He will win them over no problem once he starts getting results tonight he will set them up to sit in & hit Rangers on the counter & make them hard to break down can also see a few yellow cards as he loves a physical side ha

You mean there could be a penalty to Rangers?
  • Options
    edited February 6
    Wellred said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Wellred said:
    TelMc32 said:

They hate The Gers Ha 

Could well be ha & Tav will bang it home 😉 if Rangers do get a penalty they would have the same number as awarded to the Celts so far this season so they could catch them on two fronts ha
  • Options
    edited February 8
    Wellred said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Wellred said:
    TelMc32 said:

They hate The Gers Ha 

Talking about penalties i see Celtic was awarded another 2  in their 2-1 win against Hibs 

• Options
    Separated by goals scored now. Although it's only a two horse race it can be an exciting race.
  • Options
    Celtic probably still favourites though as Rangers will soon have European games to play as well.
  • Options
    Rangers are slight favourites with the bookies , they have the momentum so I expect it'll come down to the derby matches for Celtic to have a chance of winning the league but if Rangers can not lose them the title will be theirs.
    How many games v each other are left ?