Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    Rangers only 5 points behind with a game in hand 
    So far from over 
    Mon the Gers 
  • Options
    Celtics form has dipped and they are definitely not the same team since Ange left. Fully expect them to catch Celtic. Celtic were very sloppy today and deserved to get beat. Bit like us seeing the game out yesterday.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

Love a killie pie Mmmmm
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the Kilmarnock come back yesterday.It is good to see the season in the balance again

Although I normally prefer Celtic to Rangers it is mainly because I have normally worked with Celtic fans over the years. Ironically I currently work with a Rangers fan so I have started to follow their results a bit.

That said I wish a third and maybe even a fourth club emerge to challenge both.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Really enjoyed the Kilmarnock come back yesterday.It is good to see the season in the balance again

Although I normally prefer Celtic to Rangers it is mainly because I have normally worked with Celtic fans over the years. Ironically I currently work with a Rangers fan so I have started to follow their results a bit.

Teams in 4th place normally are 40 points behind the Champions.
    Celtic and Rangers being the top two will remain as long as Scottish football exists.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Celtic and Rangers being the top two will remain as long as Scottish football exists.
    Celtic were poor in the late 80s/early 90s, finished outside the top 2 for 7 consecutive seasons, including one season they somehow finished 5th!

However since 1996 they've been top 2 every season. So anyone who's about 30-32 years old has never known them outside the top 2.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Celtic were poor in the late 80s/early 90s, finished outside the top 2 for 7 consecutive seasons, including one season they somehow finished 5th!

However since 1996 they've been top 2 every season. So anyone who's about 30-32 years old has never known them outside the top 2.
    Old rangers deceased in 2012, new rangers spent a few seasons out of the top tier.
  • Options
    There’s more chance of Charlton winning the Champions League than anyone outside the Old Firm winning the SPL. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Old rangers deceased in 2012, new rangers spent a few seasons out of the top tier.
    By they've they were referring to Celtic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love a Jam tart with my Killie Pie  :)
  • Options
    I'm guessing that Hearts have not been relegated since 2009, the last time they beat Celtic at Parkhead.
    28 games without a win and Hearts are one of the better teams in the SPL.   
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Love a Jam tart with my Killie Pie  :)

Ha me to 
  • Options
    Rangers win the cup tomorrow & the Green brigade will be in melt down Mon the Bears 🐻 
  • Options
    I'm guessing that Hearts have not been relegated since 2009, the last time they beat Celtic at Parkhead.
    They actually did get relegated around ten years ago (they had crazy financial issues and I think they got a big points deduction) but I’m pretty sure they came back at the first time of asking.  
  • Options
    Title race is looking on, but I presume Celtic will spend big in January, Rangers will try and fail to compete in Europe and the SPL and Celtic will be champions again. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    They actually did get relegated around ten years ago (they had crazy financial issues and I think they got a big points deduction) but I’m pretty sure they came back at the first time of asking.  
    That was a crazy season, Hibs, Hearts and Rangers all in the championship!
  • Options
    Celtic have won 11 of the last 12 league titles, they've won the treble in 5 of the last 7 years, they're top of the league and before yesterday they were unbeaten at home in almost 3 years. Yet on the back of a defeat the fans were chanting 'sack the board' and fighting each other in the stands.

What a fanbase.
  • Options
    I'll give the fans of both Celtic and Rangers fans credit, to watch that predictable s*** every home game in such numbers, 50 and 60k capacities are incredible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rangers won the cup
    Ee Aye Addio 
    Rangers won the cup 

• Options
    It’s going to an exciting season with Rangers slowly recovering from the disastrous Beale experiment and Celtic imploding under Rodgers. Despite peaks like Ranger's brilliant achievement in Seville the other night, the standard of the SPL this year is abysmal. Rangers could well win the league this season with a side that is demonstrably worse than last year. The signings of some real duds (Lammers, Dessers, Dowell etc) will lumber them for a while. I expected Celtic to suffer a reaction to the departure of big Ange but not to this extent. The standard of play in the league cup final yesterday was truly awful (mind you, Liverpool v Manu wasn’t great either!). Our bang average Charlton side this season would be challenging top 5 in the SPL. 
  • Options
    It’s going to an exciting season with Rangers slowly recovering from the disastrous Beale experiment and Celtic imploding under Rodgers. Despite peaks like Ranger's brilliant achievement in Seville the other night, the standard of the SPL this year is abysmal. Rangers could well win the league this season with a side that is demonstrably worse than last year. The signings of some real duds (Lammers, Dessers, Dowell etc) will lumber them for a while. I expected Celtic to suffer a reaction to the departure of big Ange but not to this extent. The standard of play in the league cup final yesterday was truly awful (mind you, Liverpool v Manu wasn’t great either!). Our bang average Charlton side this season would be challenging top 5 in the SPL. 
    We lost to Aberdeen in pre-season and they're 10th.
  • Options
    Celtic have won 11 of the last 12 league titles, they've won the treble in 5 of the last 7 years, they're top of the league and before yesterday they were unbeaten at home in almost 3 years. Yet on the back of a defeat the fans were chanting 'sack the board' and fighting each other in the stands.

What a fanbase.
    Inbreds
  • Options
    Fair point although I doubt they’ll end up tenth. But the Motherwells, Ross i, Dundees, St Johnstone’s etc are league 1 standard. 
  • Options
    Fair point although I doubt they’ll end up tenth. But the Motherwells, Ross i, Dundees, St Johnstone’s etc are league 1 standard. 
    Agreed. 

I was at Partick Thistle v Airdrie a couple of weeks ago. Both teams are decent Scottish Championship sides with a shout of promotion. Charlton would hammer either of them, I’d venture that Bromley would probably give them a good game too.

I love Scottish football, but the standard (especially outside the Old Firm) is atrocious. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Agreed. 

I was at Partick Thistle v Airdrie a couple of weeks ago. Both teams are decent Scottish Championship sides with a shout of promotion. Charlton would hammer either of them, I’d venture that Bromley would probably give them a good game too.

I love Scottish football, but the standard (especially outside the Old Firm) is atrocious. 
    I bet that was lively they hate  each other I have a soft spot for the Jags first Scottish game I ever went to was at Firhill many moons ago probably changed a bit now full of lunatics 
    Ha 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    se9addick said:
    Agreed. 

I bet that was lively they hate  each other I have a soft spot for the Jags first Scottish game I ever went to was at Firhill many moons ago probably changed a bit now full of lunatics 
    Ha 
    Ha, it all got a bit tasty after the match when the Thistle ultras waited outside the away end to pelt the exiting Airdrie fans with snowballs! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Wellred said:
    se9addick said:
    Agreed. 

Ha 
    Ha, it all got a bit tasty after the match when the Thistle ultras waited outside the away end to pelt the exiting Airdrie fans with snowballs! 
    Ha they got off light then with the snowballs