Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    Anyone think we'll ever see another non Old Firm winner of the league in Scotland again?
    1985 the last time when Aberdeen had Sir Alex in charge, so a lot of people alive have never known anything other than an Old Firm title winner.

Hard to imagine that changing anytime soon. 
  • Options
    11 league wins out of the last 12.

One cup final win for another treble.

Ange has them playing exciting football and his recruitment from the far East and elsewhere has been spot on.

The only reason I can see for Ange not being poached by an EPL side is the lack of, relative, European success.
  • Options
    11 league wins out of the last 12.

One cup final win for another treble.

Ange has them playing exciting football and his recruitment from the far East and elsewhere has been spot on.

The only reason I can see for Ange not being poached by an EPL side is the lack of, relative, European success.
    Didn't harm Brendan Rodgers.
  • Options
    A totally irrelevant league. Unless someone puts some serious money and resources into maybe Aberdeen or one of the Edinburgh clubs, nothing will change.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    A totally irrelevant league. Unless someone puts some serious money and resources into maybe Aberdeen or one of the Edinburgh clubs, nothing will change.
    “Irrelevant” - what’s that based on? The Scottish league has higher attendances per capita than any other nation:

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11781/12810174/scottish-football-tops-european-attendance-per-capita-table-ahead-of-second-placed-netherlands
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Ignore me, I am a mug 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    philcafc said:
    “Irrelevant” - what’s that based on? The Scottish league has higher attendances per capita than any other nation:

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11781/12810174/scottish-football-tops-european-attendance-per-capita-table-ahead-of-second-placed-netherlands
    Somewhat skewed by Glasgow and some villages having clubs in the league. Their capital city SPL clubs averaged 18k and 17k this season. Smaller cities averaged more in league one. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    philcafc said:

Based on the fact that the same 2 clubs have won the league since 1986. 37 years and can anyone see it changing in the next 37?

Every SPL club apart from the Old Firm has a wage bill less than Charlton.
  • Options
    World record 8th treble

5th treble in 7 seasons 

Poor game TBH to watch and huge credit to ICT for stifling Celtic and scoring a very good goal

"Walk on, walk on"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not really massively impressive when there are and always have been only 2 decent teams in the country.
  • Options
    It's not really massively impressive when there are and always have been only 2 decent teams in the country.
    Winning trebles is always impressive. Over the course of a season you prove yourselves, but cup football is always precarious as Brighton will attest in this year’s Carabao Cup. The turnaround for Celtic, from where they were two years ago, to the team they are now and particularly the style of football they are playing is definitely massively impressive 🏆 🏆🏆x8
  • Options
    I reckon Barnestoneworth United would have a good crack at winning the Scottish league  ;)
  • Options
    I reckon Barnestoneworth United would have a good crack at winning the Scottish league  ;)
    Eight bloody one!
  • Options
    Any Charlton fan who has any self respect would never support either of those two big teams from Glasgow. Might as well support one of the top six in our country as well. "Yeah you support Charlton but who's your premier League side? "
  • Options
    Only one team to support in Scotland, Partick Thistle 
  • Options
    8th treble for Celtic, after winning the Scottish cup today.
    Brilliant achievement when you only have to do better than one other team…
  • Options
    You can only beat what is in front of you.

Or in Celtic's case what is a long, long way behind you.
  • Options

Best not talk about recent European campaigns then  ;)
  • Options
    World record 8th treble

5th treble in 7 seasons 

Poor game TBH to watch and huge credit to ICT for stifling Celtic and scoring a very good goal

"Walk on, walk on"
    Pretty poor when you think about it. They only have one other team to beat and about 90% of world football only play one domestic cup.

It's actually quite a shock that they don't have more. They should've won 4 trebles when Rangers weren't even in the top flight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Any Charlton fan who has any self respect would never support either of those two big teams from Glasgow. Might as well support one of the top six in our country as well. "Yeah you support Charlton but who's your premier League side? "
    I grew up 20 miles south of Glasgow. My father refused point blank to take me to either of the old form so I grew up watching Kilmarnock. Still keep an eye out for their results. 
  • Options

Celtic would bite your hand off if you offered them third place in the champions league group.
  • Options
    The team who finish third in Scotland should get a trophy every year for being the best of the rest.
  • Options

Indeed and the other lot would bite your hand off to get anywhere near it. Green shirt of envy and bitterness showing their colours. They would be saying the same if it was the other way round.

Remember splitting themselves when the manager arrived. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
  • Options
    Any idea who's replacing Ange? Scott Brown seems likely.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Agreed - I support Ross County, playing Partick Thistle today - 2-0 down from the first leg but they have Purrington playing for them so I'm full of confidence!

Come on you Staggies.
  • Options
    Sons of the Rock, through and through!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Agreed - I support Ross County, playing Partick Thistle today - 2-0 down from the first leg but they have Purrington playing for them so I'm full of confidence!

Come on you Staggies.
    Subbed with his team 1-0 down, so 3-0 on aggregate. Team go on to score 3 and his replacement gets the equaliser in the 91st minute to take it to extra time. 
  • Options
    What a game!!

Brilliant Staggies.