Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Wellred said:
    went to the game at ibrox the weekend my 1st trip thoroughly enjoyed it, my boss took me we ventured to the loudern pre game but was so busy. 

surprising to hear some of the language used during the game. 

Yea they don't hold back Ha 
    Next time your up try the Wee Rangers club 5 mins walk from Ibrox always a good atmosphere has more room to move plenty of tables plus they have djs playing all the tunes to get you in the mood 👍 
    Do you need to be a member of the Wee Rangers Club to get in? Have been past it a number of times but have always headed to the Louden instead. 
    se9addick said:
    Wellred said:
    went to the game at ibrox the weekend my 1st trip thoroughly enjoyed it, my boss took me we ventured to the loudern pre game but was so busy. 

surprising to hear some of the language used during the game. 

Yea they don't hold back Ha 
    Next time your up try the Wee Rangers club 5 mins walk from Ibrox always a good atmosphere has more room to move plenty of tables plus they have djs playing all the tunes to get you in the mood 👍 
    Do you need to be a member of the Wee Rangers Club to get in? Have been past it a number of times but have always headed to the Louden instead. 
    It is a members club but someone will always sign you in & big Andy who runs it is good as gold he has always let me in if you phone up & let him know your up from London your be fine 
    I have even got in on a sash bash on the eve of the old firm games which are always sold out 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Now 7. Still 25 minutes to go.
    Celtic let a goal in at the end (final score 7-1). Means rangers are 2 points clear with +1 GD. Very close I just worry that, once again, Rangers will try and compete on multiple fronts and end up with nothing. 

It will all come down to the game at Ibrox against Celtic could even end up another helicopter Sunday hopefully with the Same outcome 
    C,Mon the Gers 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Celtic let a goal in at the end (final score 7-1). Means rangers are 2 points clear with +1 GD. Very close I just worry that, once again, Rangers will try and compete on multiple fronts and end up with nothing. 
    Rangers do already have a trophy this season though.

I do agree that Europe could get in the way if they were to progress, although realistically i'd be surprised if they beat Benfica. They might as well just focus on the league because winning it now brings automatic qualification into the CL group stage.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I do agree that Europe could get in the way if they were to progress, although realistically i'd be surprised if they beat Benfica. They might as well just focus on the league because winning it now brings automatic qualification into the CL group stage.
    And the reason it brings automatic qualification is single-handedly down to Rangers exploits in Europe over the last few years raising the coefficient!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

And the reason it brings automatic qualification is single-handedly down to Rangers exploits in Europe over the last few years raising the coefficient!
    Well, it’s not from playing in UCL, as they hold the record for the worst performance in the group stages.
  • Options
    No way can Celtic knock anyone else’s recent European record, they’re an embarrassment 🤣
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

well, when they are regularly playing in a lesser competition....
  • Options
    No way can Celtic knock anyone else’s recent European record, they’re an embarrassment 🤣
    Who says they are. But of course they are one of only a few British teams to win it.... Of course. Something Rangers will never do. 
  • Options
    edited February 29
    Who says they are. But of course they are one of only a few British teams to win it.... Of course. Something Rangers will never do. 
    Literally the post above mine 🤣

It is undeniable fact that Scotlands coefficient is high because Rangers recent performances in Europe, regardless of the competition.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Celtic have been in the Europa 7 times in the last decade and never once got further than the last 32.

2 seasons ago they got knocked out of the CL, failed to then get out of their Europa group and then got knocked out of a conference league play off.

Pretty pathetic really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Celtic have been in the Europa 7 times in the last decade and never once got further than the last 32.

2 seasons ago they got knocked out of the CL, failed to then get out of their Europa group and then got knocked out of a conference league play off.

Pretty pathetic really.
    I was just playing devils advocate
  • Options
    Personally I think Rangers playing in Europe will help rather then hinder them 
    Ok they will play more games but they have a big enough squad to rest players plus playing better opposition will improve their game put more pace & fight into the team 
    As there is only 3 teams in the SPL that can give them a decent game so complacency can set in you need to be pushed to improve 
    This season is just about improving the team & what ever they win will be a bonus as Clement is only half way through building the team 

• Options
    edited February 29

It is undeniable fact that Scotlands coefficient is high because Rangers recent performances in Europe, regardless of the competition.
    Well it wasn't Celtic fans knocking them it was Rangers fans going into self appraisal mode in a competition they have never won. If anything i have praised their performance against some of the better European teams in the past. Quite the opposite.
  • Options
    edited February 29

Well it wasn't Celtic fans knocking them it was Rangers fans going into self appraisal mode in a competition they have never won. If anything i have praised their performance against some of the better European teams in the past. Quite the opposite.
    I’ll take your word for it as I don’t concern myself with what Celtic or rangers fans say, I was talking about comments on this thread…
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Ok they will play more games but they have a big enough squad to rest players plus playing better opposition will improve their game put more pace & fight into the team 
    As there is only 3 teams in the SPL that can give them a decent game so complacency can set in you need to be pushed to improve 
    This season is just about improving the team & what ever they win will be a bonus as Clement is only half way through building the team 

When locked in a title race i'm not sure any manager has ever said that playing more and more cup games is helpful.
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    This season is just about improving the team & what ever they win will be a bonus as Clement is only half way through building 
    When locked in a title race i'm not sure any manager has ever said that playing more and more cup games is helpful.

It's about playing at a higher level in these games 
    Clement will manage the squad to cope he's already been resting players 
    You got to remember his only just started building the team
    Of course he would like to win the league but it's more about testing the players & these games do just that 

• Options
    Can’t be many times that Rangers & Celtic both lose on the same weekend?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I can't remember the last time off the top of my head. Wonder what the odds were on Friday?
  • Options
    According to the BBC, the last time it happened was 3 February 2018.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Must be a blue moon 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going to be a good run in with both teams losing games they should win nothing is guaranteed 
    Still say it will all come down to their game at Ibrox to who takes the title just a shame the away crowds limited if not none at all 
    For me that's what makes the old firm games one of the best derby's Going 

• Options
    Wellred said:
    Going to be a good run in with both teams losing games they should win nothing is guaranteed 
    Still say it will all come down to their game at Ibrox to who takes the title just a shame the away crowds limited if not none at all 

Presumably the game in the extra 5 games will be at Celtic Park though?  Give no away fans, I fancy both to win at home so that could cancel each other out.
  • Options
    Wellred said:

Presumably the game in the extra 5 games will be at Celtic Park though?  Give no away fans, I fancy both to win at home so that could cancel each other out.
    Could well do but I just fancy whoever wins that game will 
    have the mentality advantage to go on & win it 
  • Options
    If they both win their next two league games then a Rangers win v Celtic at Ibrox will put them 5 points clear, which would be tough for Celtic to make up in the last 7 games. Rangers could then afford to lose at Celtic and still be champions if they win the other games.

If Celtic win at Ibrox then they'll win it.
  • Options
    edited March 4
    If they both win their next two league games then a Rangers win v Celtic at Ibrox will put them 5 points clear, which would be tough for Celtic to make up in the last 7 games. Rangers could then afford to lose at Celtic and still be champions if they win the other games.

If Celtic win at Ibrox then they'll win it.

Sounds about right  but it would be good if it did go to the last day of the season 
    I was lucky enough to get a ticket for Rangers against Hibs over at Easter Rd for what's known as Helicopter Sunday 
    What a brilliant day couldn't have happened at a better place ha 
    Was meant to fly home that night from Edinburgh 
    Not a chance got Caught up in the celebrations ended up in Glasgow ha brilliant 

• Options
    I can't remember the last time both of the old firm lost on the same weekend in domestic football 🤔
  • Options
    Someone posted the date earlier in the thread. Feb 2018.
  • Options
    Sadly a Rangers fan died last night in Lisbon.

From a Celtic fan may i send my condolences to all his family and friends on this sad occasion. We may have our rivalries but they become nothing compared to this.

RIP.
  • Options
    Sadly a Rangers fan died last night in Lisbon.

From a Celtic fan may i send my condolences to all his family and friends on this sad occasion. We may have our rivalries but they become nothing compared to this.

RIP.
    Apparently he was attacked by the police & hit with a baton 
    Only 25 left 2 young kids behind