Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - 22nd August

Comments

• Options

Good to see the fans forum, for all its limitations and flaws, trying to get answers from the club that aren't available elsewhere.

Those claiming it's a waste of time were the same people who last time were demanding instant feedback and verbatim minutes seconds after the meeting ended.

Bromley Addicks members can raise any issues with @killerjerrylee , our representative.

Have we still got membership at bromley
  • Options
    I will pay @razil his travel expenses if he delivers us a selfie of him and a smiling Leyland Van den Turk.

I will give him an extra 50p and a lb of grapes if he throws some grated cheese at him....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I will pay @razil his travel expenses if he delivers us a selfie of him and a smiling Leyland Van den Turk.

I will give him an extra 50p and a lb of grapes if he throws some grated cheese at him....

Wow is it payday?
  • Options
    Will Eddie Stobart Van and Truck For Hire have attended the game the evening before this meeting? If so, then maybe some probing questions about football, and his experience in football, and his experience in English football, would be in order.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Will Eddie Stobart Van and Truck For Hire have attended the game the evening before this meeting? If so, then maybe some probing questions about football, and his experience in football, and his experience in English football, would be in order.

He’s not coming in case Lorraine* from reception smacks him in the puss about her bonus now.

*apologies if your name isn’t Lorraine
  • Options
    I don't think they'll be offering tea &_biscuits.
  • Options

Dear Trust - I assume you will be raising again what actions have been taken on the food and water cut backs to the academy as today I hear it is no different? It would also be good to know how they also think its good practice that away games in locations such as Yorkshire do not warrant an overnight stay when kicking off at midday or 2pm? Case in point this Friday at Barnsley, apparently all to do with yet more cutbacks. If they think players can perform after a 6 hour coach journey??? Rumours no more kings-ferry either ( maybe cheaper coaches?)
    Perhaps the exact saving target and reason why basic funds are being denied should be requested? Whatever budget was set is clearly out the window. Also lack of drivers for school runs is another rumour I have heard.
    Not a major issue but how is it the academy sides are not wearing the new kit? I thought these things were sponsored? Is that money being used elsewhere?

There was a Kings Ferry Coach for the Welling United players parked at Plainmoor, Torquay at the weekend when they played there v Truro City. If the rumour is true this means that we cannot compete at a financial level with our Vanarama League South neighbours from down the road!

What next, players having to book their own AirBnB for long-distance away matches?
  • Options

Dear Trust - I assume you will be raising again what actions have been taken on the food and water cut backs to the academy as today I hear it is no different? It would also be good to know how they also think its good practice that away games in locations such as Yorkshire do not warrant an overnight stay when kicking off at midday or 2pm? Case in point this Friday at Barnsley, apparently all to do with yet more cutbacks. If they think players can perform after a 6 hour coach journey??? Rumours no more kings-ferry either ( maybe cheaper coaches?)
    Perhaps the exact saving target and reason why basic funds are being denied should be requested? Whatever budget was set is clearly out the window. Also lack of drivers for school runs is another rumour I have heard.
    Not a major issue but how is it the academy sides are not wearing the new kit? I thought these things were sponsored? Is that money being used elsewhere?

There was a Kings Ferry Coach for the Welling United players parked at Plainmoor, Torquay at the weekend when they played there v Truro City. If the rumour is true this means that we cannot compete at a financial level with our Vanarama League South neighbours from down the road!

What next, players having to book their own AirBnB for long-distance away matches?
    Don’t give them ideas!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would not be surprised if this was cancelled at the last minute given we are now aware that this man is employed to cut costs and therefore is almost certainly behind the recent decisions to remove water and food from the kids and to not honour the bonuses of staff.

if the meeting does go ahead I hope those in attendance make him realise how petty, pathetic and unhonourable his decisions have been to date.
  • Options
    On a slightly more serious note, if anyone wants things raised at the FF its probably a good idea to approach members individually and provide them with concise details, its hard to press on such matters without proper information, and without some kind of coordination.
  • Options
    I don't doubt there will be fans present who are capable of subjecting the club to forensic questioning concerning the sale, cost cutting measures, etc., etc.

However, in the light of recent events, I won't be holding my breath while waiting for the minutes - nor will I be at all surprised if we are informed the club's equipment for recording the meeting has suffered a "technical malfunction due to there being a reduced maintenance budget".

It seems to me a back-up device would be prudent.
  • Options

No minutes yet, this is OUTRAGEOUS.

What exactly do these fans forum members do to earn their salaries?

I'd stop their bonuses too...

• Options
    What’s happened to the agenda?
  • Options
    Can confirm the hand driers and taps work in the west upper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WHERE ARE THE FUCKING MINUTES
    (lol)
  • Options
    Nothing more will be said other than RD's statement about cuts
  • Options
    Takeover talks ongoing.
  • Options

Takeover talks ongoing.

Without specifics of the club are saying this it is meaningless.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Takeover talks ongoing.

Without specifics of the club are saying this it is meaningless.
    This
  • Options
    Duchatelets sales pitch earlier suggests this is a very long way off.

"Australians still here"

"Second group still around"

"People approaching the club all of the time"

"It's a surefire thing. Get in before someone else does"

Complete load of bollox. Nobody is interested in your tinpot football club at its inflated asking price Roland.
    There is not another businessman,and I use the term loosely, on earth as dumb, delusional and downright intolerable as you.

Get it through your thick skull. You lost. You look more than a little bit stupid and you will never see that money again.
  • Options
    I personally cant see a problem, its not like we"ve been lied to before. ;)
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................
  • Options
    What time is it starting tonight?.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

What time is it starting tonight?.

What time can you get there ? :wink: