Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - 22nd August

Comments

• Options

So over to @Davidsmith and @nth london addick

Have the old directors you are in touch said the debentures are no longer an issue?

And if so how have they been resolved? Paid in full? % paid? Rolled over?

I thought we established no need to approach them if happy to roll over.

I don’t think it’s been confirmed clean title is a deal breaker. That’s conjecture I believe.
    I don't think we have established either statement.

And if they can just be rolled over why has Roland,according to rumour,offered 25p in the £?
    Why? Iwould hazard a guess that as part of the negotiation on price it was put to him he needed to clear that liability or reduce his asking price. So maybe he tried to offer a discount to either maintain his price or strike a position that worked for him and buyers. As he was seemingly unsuccessful I imagine it’s reflected in the price currently agreed.
  • Options

Have the old directors you are in touch said the debentures are no longer an issue?

I don’t think it’s been confirmed clean title is a deal breaker. That’s conjecture I believe.

And if they can just be rolled over why has Roland,according to rumour,offered 25p in the £?
    Why? Iwould hazard a guess that as part of the negotiation on price it was put to him he needed to clear that liability or reduce his asking price. So maybe he tried to offer a discount to either maintain his price or strike a position that worked for him and buyers. As he was seemingly unsuccessful I imagine it’s reflected in the price currently agreed.
    Exactly but you seemed to be arguing against your previous point that it was established they could just be rolled over : -)
  • Options
    Running costs are a bit of a red herring imo, the easiest way to have reduced them over the summer would have been to sell BFG, Pearce and Igor, release Sarr and Ajose and replace them with players on realistic league 1 wages.

Infact you could have done that and bought in 10 players on sensible wages and still have lest cost.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Running costs are a bit of a red herring imo, the easiest way to have reduced them over the summer would have been to sell BFG, Pearce and Igor, release Sarr and Ajose and replace them with players on realistic league 1 wages.

Infact you could have done that and bought in 10 players on sensible wages and still have lest cost.

I’m sure he’d have released Sarr, Ajose and Vetokele if he could - no takers at their wages and why would they do a deal?
  • Options
    But the point remains valid for the other 2, must be 2 of the highest earning players in the division that don't play for Sunderland?

In fact it begs the question why were they still here last season. I don't believe he couldn't have sold them.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    We still havn’t heard anything regarding the Directors Loans other than from the club saying at the FF that they are not an issue to the sale. We need confirmation as to the status of this surely.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Exactly but you seemed to be arguing against your previous point that it was established they could just be rolled over : -)
    No. I am sure Airman has indicated they can be rolled over and wasn’t that how RD came to be in this scenario?

Potentially seeking a deal on them doesn’t mean they can’t be rolled over.
  • Options

No. I am sure Airman has indicated they can be rolled over and wasn’t that how RD came to be in this scenario?

Doesn't mean they can either. The situation is unclear.
  • Options

Again. I am sure it’s been stated they can and that’s how RD is in the position he is.
  • Options

Again. I am sure it’s been stated they can and that’s how RD is in the position he is.
    Lots of things have been stated about the debentures, often contradictory and often retracted or changed.

We don't know and we can't believe the regime.

Hence my question.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Maybe he was testing the water to see if he could do a deal & then keep hold & lease The Valley ?
  • Options
    When RD bought the club the ex directors loans were not first charge.The bank loan for the North Stand was and after that was settled the ex directors loans became first charge..It was pointed out by someone that RD was not aware of this.
  • Options

Lots of things have been stated about the debentures, often contradictory and often retracted or changed.

Hence my question.
    So you don’t believe that RD bought in without appreciating the liability despite many assertions to that effect? You also think he must have negotiated / engaged with the former directors to get control? I’m sure it’s been asserted and refuted that isn’t the case.

Refusing to trust all the club say is one thing but it is not impossible that the debentures are a non issue given due diligence by prospective buyers.

The agreed joint statement was issued and I’d like to think this wasn’t a stumbling block at that time given the not insignificant sum involved.
  • Options
    No full minutes, just the club's sanitised statement?
  • Options

Hence my question.
    So you don’t believe that RD bought in without appreciating the liability despite many assertions to that effect? You also think he must have negotiated / engaged with the former directors to get control? I’m sure it’s been asserted and refuted that isn’t the case.

Refusing to trust all the club say is one thing but it is not impossible that the debentures are a non issue given due diligence by prospective buyers.

The agreed joint statement was issued and I’d like to think this wasn’t a stumbling block at that time given the not insignificant sum involved.
    No, I can quite believe he didn't realise their significance.

But you are now saying things are "not impossible" which is not the same as them being true.
  • Options

Hence my question.

But you are now saying things are "not impossible" which is not the same as them being true.
    You are being pedantic I feel. I only make the point that you are suggesting we really must not believe the directors loans are a non issue and therefore by implication the sale price is not agreed. But I suggest the directors loans need not have been discussed for them to have agreed the sale price. I am looking for a chink of light.
  • Options

Hence my question.

You are being pedantic I feel. I only make the point that you are suggesting we really must not believe the directors loans are a non issue and therefore by implication the sale price is not agreed. But I suggest the directors loans need not have been discussed for them to have agreed the sale price. I am looking for a chink of light.
    Speculation, which is fine, but it's still speculation.
  • Options

Hence my question.

And you speculate we must not rust the FF statement on this topic...

This entire site is speculation. !
  • Options

Hence my question.

Well, and some good house buying tips...
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Hence my question.

Plus fish puns.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fumbluff said:

Hence my question.

Plus fish puns.
    I think a lot of them just flounder...
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

Hence my question.

Plus fish puns.
    Look theres a time and a Plaice for fish puns and its not here!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Halix said:

Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

Hence my question.

Plus fish puns.
    Look theres a time and a Plaice for fish puns and its not here!
    It’s my sole reason for reading this that thread.
  • Options
    You do realise this is the Fins Forum thread, not the one about selling the Chub?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    When do we see the minutes from the rest of the meeting
  • Options
    When they have fiddled them
  • Options

When do we see the minutes from the rest of the meeting

don't you realise that there is an important fishing competition on this weekend.....can't expect everyone just to drop everything & write up the notes before the end of the month. :smiley:
  • Options
    Over a week now - have the full minutes of last month's meeting been published yet?