Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - 22nd August

Comments

• Options
    It's just all so weird. So weird in fact that I don't believe a word of that statement. And even if it was true, would I really want a group taking us over that has been sitting on signing on the dotted line for months now?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

razil said:

After pressing about other interest we were told an approach recently got to early stage DD but fell away at that point circa 2 weeks ago; and also there is no other interest at this moment

So presumably that was Airman’s “interest” ?

Who knows .

By just to reassure you (and others will correct me if I’m wrong), but members pressed hard on a range of issues including the staff bonus issue, playing budget/squad, ticket charges, and the wisdom of cutbacks that seem petty in nature in the big scheme of things - I’ll read through the statement again and minutes when I get a chance and see if there’s much to add.
  • Options
    So why are the Aussies delaying?
  • Options

razil said:

After pressing about other interest we were told an approach recently got to early stage DD but fell away at that point circa 2 weeks ago; and also there is no other interest at this moment

Could be. Will try and find out. The info on the DD didn’t come from Varney.
  • Options
    razil said:

razil said:

Just to reassure you and others will correct me if I’m wrong, but members pressed hard on a range of issues including the staff bonus issue, playing budget/squad, ticket charges, and the wisdom of cutbacks that seem petty in nature in the big scheme of things - I’ll read through the statement again and minutes when I get a chance and see if there’s much to add.
    I agree, there was much covered which will probably not interest most people, but on the Takeover & Staff Bonus alone we spent probably towards an hour I would guess. As Barnie says we pressed hard, maybe even more so on the staff bonus where with what we know it was easier to press hard.
  • Options
    razil said:

So there isn’t a second bidder who has completed DD??
  • Options
    No one has a clue basically.
  • Options
    One point of interest was the two parties have agreed different prices although that doesn’t seem to affect who wins (seems unlikely to me, but if the second bidder is real I suppose anything is possible)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

razil said:

To clarify. There are two current bidders who have both completed DD. Another only made initial DD stage recently and fell away
  • Options
    razil said:

J BLOCK said:

razil said:

To clarify. There are two current bidders who have both completed DD. Another only made initial DD stage recently and fell away
    Why?
  • Options
    Their board rejected the proposal was all he said I think
  • Options
    edited August 2018

razil said:

One point of interest was the two parties have agreed different prices although that doesn’t seem to affect who wins (seems unlikely to me, but if the second bidder is real I suppose anything is possible)

This story gets more unbelievable at ever new telling.

Secret 2nd parties

Cutting costs at request of buyers

No problems with debentures

Different prices agreed

First one to complete wins

They'll be telling us the training ground is on track next
    Training ground has a few bits to tidy but won't progress to the next stage under current owners - no shock there.

On cost cutting, not so much at request of buyers BUT the running costs has put off other buyers. I'm under no illusion it's purely to cut RD's monthly losses in my opinion anyway.
    razil said:

Correct.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    The term smoke and mirrors is used in business sometimes. This is pea souper fog and hall of mirrors stuff. I struggle to believe anything at all from this lot. It’s a bit like dealing with a child that lies; you can’t believe anything.
  • Options
    So it's all smoke and mirrors then.
    What a surprise.
    Boycott this demeaning sham.
  • Options

I imagine its because they cant find another idiot....sorry, investor, to replace the one(s) who had to drop out.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

razil said:

Secret 2nd parties

Different prices agreed

Training ground has a few bits to tidy but won't progress to the next stage under new owners - no shock there.

On cost cutting, not so much at request of buyers BUT the running costs has put off other buyers. I'm under no illusion it's purely to cut RD's monthly losses in my opinion anyway.
    razil said:

Correct.
    This bit I’ve put in bold is a bit odd - @Rob7Lee is it possible you meant “until” rather than “under”?
    I don’t know how the current regime could know whether new owners would do anything with the training ground?
  • Options

I imagine its because they cant find another idiot....sorry, investor, to replace the one(s) who had to drop out.
    That certainly seem the most plausible explanation, and also the most worrying one. Are we really that bad a bet? They thing I was most keen on was the 5 yr plan, which would at least have given us some stability. Someone coming up with the bare minimum to buy the club may rid us of Roland, but where would it leave us long term?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

razil said:

Secret 2nd parties

Different prices agreed

Training ground has a few bits to tidy but won't progress to the next stage under new owners - no shock there.

razil said:

Correct.
    This bit I’ve put in bold is a bit odd - @Rob7Lee is it possible you meant “until” rather than “under”?
    I don’t know how the current regime could know whether new owners would do anything with the training ground?
    Apology, have amended, just saying RD not doing anymore.
  • Options
    I just want to know about the hand basin at the training ground. Has someone fitted that yet?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I just want to know about the hand basin at the training ground. Has someone fitted that yet?

I understand that @Swisdom is on the case.
  • Options
    Not a single 'Its Happening" GIF ... what a jaded lot we've become.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

That certainly seem the most plausible explanation, and also the most worrying one. Are we really that bad a bet? They thing I was most keen on was the 5 yr plan, which would at least have given us some stability. Someone coming up with the bare minimum to buy the club may rid us of Roland, but where would it leave us long term?
    Maybe its The plan thats bad (unrealistic) not us?

Maybe they didn't expect to have their bluff called, who knows.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:
    What a load of old big dog's cock. Complete waste of time. Sorry to those who have to go through this charade on our behalf.
    What were you expecting to hear?
  • Options
    Is there a full write up available yet? Or just the snippet on the website?