Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - 22nd August

123457»

Comments

• Options
    N01R4M said:

Over a week now - have the full minutes of last month's meeting been published yet?

This work to rule is clearly having an impact
  • Options
    At last! Thank you to all who gave time to this.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I've asked for some amendments (to make me sound less dumb)

My recollection of a few points/ my words to the effect:

New ticketing system: since this was a price rise on the most popular way of purchasing it was effectively a price hike (overall) by another name, I also asked a question later which revealed the new system is paid for by these new fees, in other words fans are paying for the new system.

Bonuses: I suggested it was disingenuous to suggest staff bonuses were linked to overall club profit, as being in the black was so rare, and only ever achieved outside the Premier League through income from player sales, something which ordinary staff couldn't impact.

The Gates: I mentioned that my recollection around the original spec of the gates was that the main visual features could be seen when it was in an open position (which it is when most fans will see it) and this appeared (with due respect to those involved) not to be the case in the final designs.

Perhaps I need to sound less dumb during the meetings..

I also challenged the club on their assertion that cost savings were to attract buyers put off by high non-playing overheads, and suggested that such people were jokers given that the playing budget/investment dwarfed the non playing overheads by such a vast amount (i.e. made up the lions share of losses)
  • Options
    razil said:

I've asked for some amendments (to make me sound less dumb)

My recollection of a few points/ my words to the effect:

New ticketing system: since this was a price rise on the most popular way of purchasing it was effectively a price hike (overall) by another name, I also asked a question later which revealed the new system is paid for by these new fees, in other words fans are paying for the new system.

Bonuses: I suggested it was disingenuous to suggest staff bonuses were linked to overall club profit, as being in the black was so rare, and only ever achieved outside the Premier League through income from player sales, something which ordinary staff couldn't impact.

The Gates: I mentioned that my recollection around the original spec of the gates was that the main visual features could be seen when it was in an open position (which it is when most fans will see it) and this appeared (with due respect to those involved) not to be the case in the final designs.

Perhaps I need to sound less dumb during the meetings..

I also challenged the club on their assertion that cost savings were to attract buyers put off by high non-playing overheads, and suggested that such people were jokers given that the playing budget/investment dwarfed the non playing overheads by such a vast amount (i.e. made up the lions share of losses)

Yes - it was obvious that beyond all the waffle about other clubs the cost of the ticketing system is being charged to fans because the previous change three years ago was a mess and that’s the only way RD would allow them to put it right.