Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Speak-up Murray

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    JaShea99 said:

I’ve asked before and I’ll ask again. What do people expect him to say? Spout some meaningless clichèd rhetoric? We’ll learn nothing from that. Tell the truth? He’ll be sacked for that. I don’t understand what he’s supposed to be able to do or say.

For some whatever he says will not be enough.

Others will see any direct or implied criticism of the regime's actions as a positive even if at the same time they feel it is maybe too little, too late.

As one of those people Corbyn hates once said "There will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents, than over ninety-nine CARD protesters"

Regardless a resignation or a statement or regret over the bonuses (or even paying them) would be great publicity for the protests.

Sadly I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    I still see him at quite a few home games.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Wonder what his once inseperable old pal Martin Simons thinks of him nowadays?
  • Options

Wonder what his once inseperable old pal Martin Symons thinks of him nowadays?

I have a contact who would know mate, whom I hope to meet up with soon so I'll try and find out :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    cabbles said:

I’ve always held onto what he did before Roland got here and I know some of you will point that actually the rot started before that when he took the reigns after Varney left, but I don’t understand why he has taken the stance he has over the last few years.

When RD first arrived he said he would be the bridge between us and RD. when things started to go wrong he insisted RD’s intentions were to push this club forward

Now RD has confirmed he wants out, there’s nothing left to hide behind.

I would never go so far as to call him some of the stuff I see he gets to referred to on here (that’s because I personally have no reason to, I know some of you do, that’s fine it’s your choice), but now I’m amazed at how he’s hanging around

He knows RD isn’t/hasn’t been good for the club. Why is he acting as this figurehead in a day to day capacity. I sit a row in front of the Director’s seating. He sits alone pretty much every game. A picture paints a 1000 words and all that

All very sad because he once did great things. Now it’s the last few years that will tarnish what should’ve been a great legacy

I am not certain that he wants out that much, simply because of the price he’s asking.
    If he wanted out pronto then he’d surely be more realistic in his asking price and reach a happy medium with interested parties.
    As it stands, he seems not to be that fussed and may even be getting a stiffy over the grief he’s causing us.....it’s something I fear, because if that’s the case, then there’s no saying how long he may be planning to go on ‘enjoying’ himself.
    It’s why I call him Goldfinger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Wonder what his once inseperable old pal Martin Symons thinks of him nowadays?

I have a contact who would know mate, whom I hope to meet up with soon so I'll try and find out :wink:
    Nice one Red.
  • Options
    I don't personally know him, I collared him before the Swindon game (last game of the season before last) as he got out of his car and he was decent enough to hear me and have a adult discussion. He didn't have a huge amount of choice as 2 of my mates were also blocking his escape route but he agreed then that the rat had to sell. He countered that with saying "there is nobody out there with the money to take us on"

I'm a bit uncomfortable giving him stick, I have no idea other than hearsay what he's done to fall out with Peter Varney and the other directors.

His association with Dushitalet makes me angry purely due to my dislike of the horrible bastard the moment he pitched up and threw a load of shit players at Powell, sold 2 of pur best players and to my mind, told us exactly what was going to happen. We would be a silly plaything in an experiment.
  • Options
    Likewise I believe his association with the regime has tarnished what went before him, he said himself he was the link between us and the "board" that never happened, barring the takeover being hopefully in feb which also never happened. As a fan of a simular age (started in 62/3) I had nothing but admiration for the man, but others havent walked away from him for no reason. but as Ive said elsewhere he regularly spent money in the realms of 20/30k spending free coaches around the country picking up fans and taking them to away games. If he wants show he wants to build bridges there are 20/30 staff missing a bonus.
    As for the abuse I cant disagree, I'll reserve any abuse I have to give to anyone for when I meet them face to face and I'm not talking about RM.
    A question for you @alburyaddick, "prepared to accept 25p in the £"
    You know that how?

• Options

OK this is not going to make me popular but hey here goes.

I’ve supported the club since 1965 and the ONLY really good years and football I have ever seen at Charlton in all that time was under the Richard Murray and Peter Varney years. He has personally invested and lost many millions in the club. He is currently working for nothing trying to get additional players into the club and liaising with Bowyer, Jackson and trying to squeeze blood out of a stone with the idiot Belgian. He has agreed to take 25p on the £ on the money he is owed but some of the other directors are insisting on full payment.

He goes to games home and away because he is a passionate supporter of the team unlike Kevin Cash, Tony Jimiinez, Micheal Slater, Katrien Meire, Roland Duchatelet, Gerard Murphy, and Andrew Muir and probably any or all of whoever eventually takes over.

He has made some bad decisions ( don’t we all) - appointing Dowie which sowed the seeds for disaster, trying to act as an honest broker/ intermediary for Duchatelet when he probably should have just resigned , the antipathy with Varney ( a real shame because I really like both of them - but how many close relationships get broken by money issues) - it’s not that unusual is it .........BUT the bloke is a fan - like us - he loves watching the team and the club.
    He isn’t in charge , he’s just trying to get things done , showing prospective purchasers around the club, encouraging them to buy it even though it’s a crazy commercial decision. Would you prefer Raymond Von Twonk or whatever his name is to be doing that ?...
    The dogs abuse he gets on here and on Twitter is totally unwarranted and wrong.

He rarely goes to away games and to my knowledge hasn’t been to one this season.

He colluded with the spivs knowing why Varney and Kavanagh resigned as directors and turned on them instead. He has collaborated with Duchatelet throughout. He deserves everything he gets.
    So why did they resign then?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Off_it said:

I’ve supported the club since 1965 and the ONLY really good years and football I have ever seen at Charlton in all that time was under the Richard Murray and Peter Varney years. He has personally invested and lost many millions in the club. He is currently working for nothing trying to get additional players into the club and liaising with Bowyer, Jackson and trying to squeeze blood out of a stone with the idiot Belgian. He has agreed to take 25p on the £ on the money he is owed but some of the other directors are insisting on full payment.

He goes to games home and away because he is a passionate supporter of the team unlike Kevin Cash, Tony Jimiinez, Micheal Slater, Katrien Meire, Roland Duchatelet, Gerard Murphy, and Andrew Muir and probably any or all of whoever eventually takes over.

He has made some bad decisions ( don’t we all) - appointing Dowie which sowed the seeds for disaster, trying to act as an honest broker/ intermediary for Duchatelet when he probably should have just resigned , the antipathy with Varney ( a real shame because I really like both of them - but how many close relationships get broken by money issues) - it’s not that unusual is it .........BUT the bloke is a fan - like us - he loves watching the team and the club.
    He isn’t in charge , he’s just trying to get things done , showing prospective purchasers around the club, encouraging them to buy it even though it’s a crazy commercial decision. Would you prefer Raymond Von Twonk or whatever his name is to be doing that ?...

He rarely goes to away games and to my knowledge hasn’t been to one this season.

He colluded with the spivs knowing why Varney and Kavanagh resigned as directors and turned on them instead. He has collaborated with Duchatelet throughout. He deserves everything he gets.
    Because they suspected the club was being made party to criminal activity and as directors they would have been liable if that was the case.
  • Options
    Airman - I don’t know the details and I am sure Peter will have given you chapter and verse which is fair enough. I guess in my experience when there are significant sums of money at stake people don’t necessarily act in the way that you would expect or hope and relationships get destroyed quite easily and both sides will think they are in the right and have acted to protect their respective interests , families etc . It is rarely black and white but more likely shades of grey.
  • Options

Airman - I don’t know the details and I am sure Peter will have given you chapter and verse which is fair enough. I guess in my experience when there are significant sums of money at stake people don’t necessarily act in the way that you would expect or hope and relationships get destroyed quite easily and both sides will think they are in the right and have acted to protect their respective interests , families etc . It is rarely black and white but more likely shades of grey.

Maybe but you won’t find many people who worked with or served on the board with Murray in his camp against Varney and Kavanagh. That might tell you something.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Because they suspected the club was being made party to criminal activity and as directors they would have been liable if that was the case.
    Fucking hell, really? Can't say I'm entirely surprised, but even so .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Fucking hell, really? Can't say I'm entirely surprised, but even so .....
    That’s why it’s always been a difficult issue to discuss - and why I won’t elaborate further.
  • Options

Those bad decisions you refer to were to put his own ego ahead of the best interests of the club. He appointed Dowie to spite Jordan plain and simple. This after he told Jordan to enjoy The Championship as well.

I'm not going to lie I loved it when Murray had his pop at Jordan but when you say things like that to Jordan you have to be 100% sure it'll not come back to bite him and bite him it did indeed.

I agree we all make mistakes in life but I'm sure there would be a lot more sympathy for Murray if we'd ended up where we are now if it was due to trying his best for the club and not putting his own ego ahead of the best interests of the club. Except it's not.

Maybe it's all just a message board thing.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Can’t stand money laundering in relation to football clubs

• Options

Cobblers.

Your age may account for your memory loss of the Sir Lennie era.
  • Options
    Ps

Disgusting the other directors are wanting all their money back.
  • Options
    Given Airmans shocking revelation above. Are those particular pigeons coming home to roost in the takeover fiasco or is that chapter dead and buried ?
  • Options
    Elfsborg - the time under Lennie was good and fun, I have a photo on my office wall of me presenting a magnum of champagne to Lennie at Carlisle after we got promoted but it always felt like we were hanging on by our finger tips - we were also playing at Selhurst and Upton Park. I don't think you can really compare that with the team that Curbs/Varney and Murray built packed with internationals, beating Chelsea, Arsenal , Liverpool etc and playing in front of 27,000 at The Valley.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Given Airmans shocking revelation above. Are those particular pigeons coming home to roost in the takeover fiasco or is that chapter dead and buried ?

I don't think so, personally.
  • Options

Don't disagree with any of that but given it all, he should now speak out or step down. His continuing position as the only other Director and his failure to openly criticise Duchatelet give tacit support to what he continues to do - wreck the club. Everyone else, even the Flat Earth Society can now see it.
    But some of that is plain wrong isn't it?