Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Speak-up Murray

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018

Sue Perks was in charge today. Hope her family didn't let the side down again in the Directors Box.

She must be fucking stuffed with all the spare grub knocking about.
    Yo wouldn't wouldya Dave? :wink:
  • Options
    Not sure what RM’s reason for not being here today was, but conveniently he misses the game after the week the club of had in relation to everything that’s going on. No one would ever hurt or threaten him I hope so that’s the only reason I can think he could give for staying away

However he’s said and has taken upon it himself to be the bridge between RD and the fans. He said he would help oversee the ship following on from Meire’s departure. He can’t have it both ways.

Unless it’s ill health, family emergency or he really feels for his own safety (which I doubt), then him not being here today to front up is very cowardly imo
  • Options
    I can’t believe there aren’t still people making excuses for Murray . He’s a lying , cowardly weasel and should never be allowed to go to a game again .
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Agreed Sound As but no worries Madamme Vol au Vent would have had it covered :wink: .
  • Options

Murray's been called a lot of names but a coward is one I never thought it would come to.

From rightly milking the applause on the pitch at Boro away in The FA Cup in front of 5.4k? travelling fans to cowering from those who used to worship him.

From hero to zero.

That is what you get for selling your bottom.
  • Options

Sue Perks was in charge today. Hope her family didn't let the side down again in the Directors Box.

I gather she has put on two stone in the last six months.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Otto says he is not fussy.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

OK this is not going to make me popular but hey here goes.

*I’ve supported the club since 1965

**........BUT the bloke is a fan - like us - he loves watching the team and the club.

*First albury, you have my genuine respect and admiration for this.

**Secondly; if he is a fan, I'd rather have The Valley 3/4's empty than have 27,000 Murrays seating near me!

I don't know him of course; but when I see him make one of his rare appearances, in a woefully weak attempt to placate the fans, he simply makes my blood boil! He has the look of an untrustworthy sleeze ball, and his contemptuous sound bites are nauseating.

His behaviour in this whole sorry, sordid, devastating period of Charlton Athletic's history is utterly inexcusable. I don't care what he did before! He's completely undone all of that good work as far as I'm concerned. Yes, he's owed money, but his cozying up to the likes of Meire and Duchatelet, at the expense of the club's wellbeing and the (real) fans' happiness, is (metaphorically) criminal.

He has let down so many people. The people he claimed to represent and speak on behalf of!!

I know this is simply regurgitation, as it's all been said before. But fan? Well, that's an insult to us fans I'm afraid.

If he was a true fan, he would have jumped ship at the earliest sign of Duchatelet's 'control freak' experiment, and become a figurehead in the fight to rid the club of this disease.

Fan! The closest he'd get to being a fan would be to stand him in the corner of a warm room and get him to periodically circulate cool air around it in a windmill like motion whilst dressed as a geisha girl!!!

• Options
    edited August 2018

RedChaser said:

Otto says he is not fussy.
    Mehmet did actually try it on with her - she was far from impressed...

imageimage
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

I can’t believe there aren’t still people making excuses for Murray . He’s a lying , cowardly weasel and should never be allowed to go to a game again .

This - some people have buried their head stuck in the sand and refuse to acknowledge what a wanker he has turned out to be.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    BDL said:

I am reliably informed that several parties have recently been given RD's contact details - potential buyers have then been redirected to Murray who allegedly insists that he has to be involved as the fans trust him.

And could this be one of the reasons potential buyers have walked away, they rightly don't want Murray hanging around?
  • Options
    BDL said:

I am reliably informed that several parties have recently been given RD's contact details - potential buyers have then been redirected to Murray who allegedly insists that he has to be involved as the fans trust him.

So he can sift out the bids from those who won't let him stay on the board
  • Options
    "AFKABartram">Quite telling you don’t even got the occasional ‘he’s still marginally in credit’ offerings from anyone anymore.

I'm actually grateful to all of the directors who have spent millions of pounds to keep Charlton afloat over the years and that includes Murray (but the spivs do stick in the throat!) I get it that Murray has been cast as Duchatelet's stooge but I suppose someone had to be the Belgium goats communicator and it is his tough luck that he has been fed false information. Like many of us, I lost money re the shares fiasco and am perplexed that Murray fell out big time with Varney and other directors but like someone else said, he is a Charlton fan and has paid a big price and it may well have affected his health. For all we know he may have a good reason for missing the Fleetwood home game. I cannot believe he is a coward, running away from our protest! Anyway, I certainly don't hate the man but I do hope he will keep us better informed even if it was a, "nothing imminent" comment regarding the sale of the club.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    BDL said:

Haha, he really is up himself if he thinks that. The man has no shame - if he had a modicum of self respect he would have pissed off a long time ago, rather than hanging about like a fly around dog shit.
  • Options
    BDL said:

What an absolute joker.

Richard, if you or anyone close to you is reading this, please just go. We don't want or need you associated with our club in any way any more.
  • Options
    Time us fans start singing about this leech so any potential owners can hear exactly what we think of him.

We want Murray out
  • Options

Playing devils advocate here but he may well have made alternative arrangements.....there could be many reasons why he’s not attending today’s game....lots of weddings going on at this time of the year as well as family holidays/get togethers.
    If nothing else we can honestly say he has openly fronted himself at The Valley without fear for many a year......can’t say I agree that he’s ‘deliberately’ ducking out today.

If there was any truth in this at all, surely it'd be in his own interests to say so. It would take a couple of minutes at most for him to tweet, 'Off to see auntie Flo in Wolverhampton' or some such thing. Then things might not look quite so bad. As it is it certainly has the appearance of cowardice.

As the self proclaimed tribune of the supporters he is absolutely rotten as a communicator, or a terrible coward, or perhaps both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All this stuff about Murray, he could just be on holiday, or maybe even he has started to boycott as well!
  • Options

Murray's been called a lot of names but a coward is one I never thought it would come to.

From rightly milking the applause on the pitch at Boro away in The FA Cup in front of 5.4k? travelling fans to cowering from those who used to worship him.

From hero to zero.

That is what you get for selling your bottom.
    Glass houses
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

"AFKABartram">Quite telling you don’t even got the occasional ‘he’s still marginally in credit’ offerings from anyone anymore.

I'm actually grateful to all of the directors who have spent millions of pounds to keep Charlton afloat over the years and that includes Murray (but the spivs do stick in the throat!) I get it that Murray has been cast as Duchatelet's stooge but I suppose someone had to be the Belgium goats communicator and it is his tough luck that he has been fed false information. Like many of us, I lost money re the shares fiasco and am perplexed that Murray fell out big time with Varney and other directors but like someone else said, he is a Charlton fan and has paid a big price and it may well have affected his health. For all we know he may have a good reason for missing the Fleetwood home game. I cannot believe he is a coward, running away from our protest! Anyway, I certainly don't hate the man but I do hope he will keep us better informed even if it was a, "nothing imminent" comment regarding the sale of the club.

No sympathy financially - the reasons we now languish in the lower reaches can be traced back to a series of appalling decisions made by one R. Murray, who had the Midas touch in reverse. He had decision making power, and he fucked up bigtime. Nobody else's fault.
    Hear hear!
  • Options
    Murray was giving Chris Parkes an award late last week.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Husband of the year?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

His non-attendance on Saturday certainly answers the question as to why CP's award was done privately in midweek.
  • Options

OK this is not going to make me popular but hey here goes.

I’ve supported the club since 1965 and the ONLY really good years and football I have ever seen at Charlton in all that time was under the Richard Murray and Peter Varney years. He has personally invested and lost many millions in the club. He is currently working for nothing trying to get additional players into the club and liaising with Bowyer, Jackson and trying to squeeze blood out of a stone with the idiot Belgian. He has agreed to take 25p on the £ on the money he is owed but some of the other directors are insisting on full payment.

He goes to games home and away because he is a passionate supporter of the team unlike Kevin Cash, Tony Jimiinez, Micheal Slater, Katrien Meire, Roland Duchatelet, Gerard Murphy, and Andrew Muir and probably any or all of whoever eventually takes over.

He has made some bad decisions ( don’t we all) - appointing Dowie which sowed the seeds for disaster, trying to act as an honest broker/ intermediary for Duchatelet when he probably should have just resigned , the antipathy with Varney ( a real shame because I really like both of them - but how many close relationships get broken by money issues) - it’s not that unusual is it .........BUT the bloke is a fan - like us - he loves watching the team and the club.
    He isn’t in charge , he’s just trying to get things done , showing prospective purchasers around the club, encouraging them to buy it even though it’s a crazy commercial decision. Would you prefer Raymond Von Twonk or whatever his name is to be doing that ?...
    The dogs abuse he gets on here and on Twitter is totally unwarranted and wrong.

Have a lot of sympathy for this post as I started to support Charlton in the same year. It was never an easy gig in those early years as we stumbled between mediocrity and worse. Then, like now I was never ITK. I just turned up for the games in those innocent times, believing that it was us against the World and that 'us' included the management, the team and the fans pulling in the same direction.

Nowadays of course there is social media and we are all supposedly better informed, although sometimes sifting through the nightmare of fake news and misinformation does leave me wondering.

I digress. The wonderful thing was actually witnessing our beloved team compete in the Premiership at the Valley, in front of rocking, sell out crowds playing the best teams in Europe. It came at a great time for me too as my three kids were able to witness it and also my dear old Dad in his final years. For so long I could only dream of such times and I believe Murray has to take some credit for that.

However, in recent times it seems Murray has made some awful decisions and possibly even worse than that as he skimmed close to the law in dealing with the spivs in favour of the reputable Varney and co. I just wished he'd move aside with as much grace as he can muster. A simple statement acknowledging (and apologising) his bad decisions as well as the good times he presided over would suffice. For me his hanging on when his time is clearly up is just further damaging his reputation and doing himself and the club no good at all.

Bit like Arsene Wenger, minus the trophies.