Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Speak-up Murray

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing,how many people thought Dowie was a good move at the time,I did ,but who was to forsee the disaster that eventually happened.Appointing Dowie turned out to be a mistake,appointing les Reed was even worse,not only was he totally inexperienced as a manager,but we lost a vital part of our coaching staff.
  • Options
    Dowie and Reed didn't gel and Dowie clearly didn't buy into the management system Murray introduced. I don't think Dowie was a great manager but he wasn't a terrible one, but the conditions were created by Murray to make him even less effective. I would blame Murray far more than Dowie personally.

I can recognise a team with fight in it and up until the point Dowie was sacked, we definitely had that even though we were struggling. In the next game we seemed to have lost all of it! Maybe if Dowie was kept on a bit longer and Pardew was appointed to replace him instead of Reed, history would read differently. Maybe we would all love Pardew now!! :)
  • Options
    The Guardian reported Dowie's signing at the time as Dowie unveiling goes writs up'. Quite prophetic really.

(Jordan's rep was manhandled out of the press conference as he tried to serve a writ. He was invited back 45 minutes later to finish the job.)
  • Options
    Time for another look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3vZvopE24

So, not having to sell our youth products prematurely due to Roland’s wealth? How did that work out Richard?