Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Speak-up Murray

Comments

• Options

Can’t stand money laundering in relation to football clubs

There's no way that is happening at the club now. Think of the cost of soap powder.
  • Options
    That’s why Karel was in the laundering basket.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options

OK this is not going to make me popular but hey here goes.

I’ve supported the club since 1965 and the ONLY really good years and football I have ever seen at Charlton in all that time was under the Richard Murray and Peter Varney years. He has personally invested and lost many millions in the club. He is currently working for nothing trying to get additional players into the club and liaising with Bowyer, Jackson and trying to squeeze blood out of a stone with the idiot Belgian. He has agreed to take 25p on the £ on the money he is owed but some of the other directors are insisting on full payment.

He goes to games home and away because he is a passionate supporter of the team unlike Kevin Cash, Tony Jimiinez, Micheal Slater, Katrien Meire, Roland Duchatelet, Gerard Murphy, and Andrew Muir and probably any or all of whoever eventually takes over.

He has made some bad decisions ( don’t we all) - appointing Dowie which sowed the seeds for disaster, trying to act as an honest broker/ intermediary for Duchatelet when he probably should have just resigned , the antipathy with Varney ( a real shame because I really like both of them - but how many close relationships get broken by money issues) - it’s not that unusual is it .........BUT the bloke is a fan - like us - he loves watching the team and the club.
    He isn’t in charge , he’s just trying to get things done , showing prospective purchasers around the club, encouraging them to buy it even though it’s a crazy commercial decision. Would you prefer Raymond Von Twonk or whatever his name is to be doing that ?...
    The dogs abuse he gets on here and on Twitter is totally unwarranted and wrong.

Don't disagree with any of that but given it all, he should now speak out or step down. His continuing position as the only other Director and his failure to openly criticise Duchatelet give tacit support to what he continues to do - wreck the club. Everyone else, even the Flat Earth Society can now see it.
    https://player.fm/series/those-conspiracy-guys-1386865/flat-earth
  • Options

A hand-wringing apologist. A supine, saponaceous, spineless dolt who has shown his true colours. Cometh the hour, cometh not the man.

Blimey mate, have you been reading Chambers or The New Oxford today?

• Options
    Bubble said:

If he just stayed silent throughout, fair enough. But this incessant head rearing as a good news/peace keeping merchant then disappearing into thin air anytime over the last 4 years when there's any real questions to answer sum him up for me.

Let us hope he will be making a statement soon then :smiley:
  • Options
    addick05 said:

A hand-wringing apologist. A supine, saponaceous, spineless dolt who has shown his true colours. Cometh the hour, cometh not the man.

Nah, he's been watching repeats of The Gold Old Days, with Leonard Sachs ;-)
  • Options

Elfsborg - the time under Lennie was good and fun, I have a photo on my office wall of me presenting a magnum of champagne to Lennie at Carlisle after we got promoted but it always felt like we were hanging on by our finger tips - we were also playing at Selhurst and Upton Park. I don't think you can really compare that with the team that Curbs/Varney and Murray built packed with internationals, beating Chelsea, Arsenal , Liverpool etc and playing in front of 27,000 at The Valley.

Lennie keeping us up at St Andrews was more pivotal than Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

N01R4M said:

saponaceous
    /ˌsapəˈneɪʃəs/ adjective: saponaceous
    of, like, or containing soap; soapy.

in other words, slippery, slimy

Learn something new every day.
    Only trouble is you will have forgotten what it meant 20’mins later.
  • Options

N01R4M said:

saponaceous
    /ˌsapəˈneɪʃəs/ adjective: saponaceous
    of, like, or containing soap; soapy.

in other words, slippery, slimy

Learn something new every day.
    Only trouble is you will have forgotten what it meant 20’mins later.
    Forgotten what.
  • Options
    So people starting to speak up, at long last.

Even the EFL have started to take action. Now a local MP has thrown his hat into the ring everyone can see that things are rotten in the valley.

However Murray sits back keeping his head well below the parapet, spineless coward in my book.
  • Options

So people starting to speak up, at long last.

Even the EFL have started to take action. Now a local MP has thrown his hat into the ring everyone can see that things are rotten in the valley.

However Murray sits back keeping his head well below the parapet, spineless coward in my book.

I find Murray’s actions to be very very puzzling.
    No one seems to be certain what his end game is and as many people as you ask is as many different opinions you will get.
    Just what is his long term expectation for both himself and the club.......I am not sure he knows himself to be honest.
    If nothing else, he would appear to have backed himself up an alley that he now can’t get out of without causing some serious damage to his bodywork.
    A real shame.....how different things might have been for him and us if he’d taken a different turning.
  • Options
    Can't work out if the blokes a bit dim or is enjoying taking us all on for a bit of a ride.

He's close to Duchatelet, so knows better than most what the scum is like.

For Murray to come out and say he believed in February that the takeover was a couple of weeks away when he must have known full well that it was nowhere near getting done and he was really only acting as a cheerleader to get more bids on the table to try and make Roland a few more quid beggars belief.

Odious man.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

I could have gone for oleaginous, lubricious or obsequious but I plumped for saponaceous. I could just have easily chosen 'wanker' but I
    addick05 said:

Let's just call him a flaccid penis and have done with it.
  • Options
    And there you have it.....rudderless. The only way is up, Lee Bowyers Red and White Army!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the staff don't get their bonuses, then will he stay away from all future home games?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

If the staff don't get their bonuses, then will he stay away from all future home games?

If and when the takeover happens then you won't see him at The Valley again. He's way way too close to the Belgian and all he has done to us.
  • Options
    Murray's been called a lot of names but a coward is one I never thought it would come to.

From rightly milking the applause on the pitch at Boro away in The FA Cup in front of 5.4k? travelling fans to cowering from those who used to worship him.

From hero to zero.
  • Options
    Has he joined the boycott? and will only be attending away games in future :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Playing devils advocate here but he may well have made alternative arrangements.....there could be many reasons why he’s not attending today’s game....lots of weddings going on at this time of the year as well as family holidays/get togethers.
    If nothing else we can honestly say he has openly fronted himself at The Valley without fear for many a year......can’t say I agree that he’s ‘deliberately’ ducking out today.

This is a wind up right? Don't worry Richard, feel free to miss home games for a 'family get together'
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Croydon said:

Playing devils advocate here but he may well have made alternative arrangements.....there could be many reasons why he’s not attending today’s game....lots of weddings going on at this time of the year as well as family holidays/get togethers.
    If nothing else we can honestly say he has openly fronted himself at The Valley without fear for many a year......can’t say I agree that he’s ‘deliberately’ ducking out today.

This is a wind up right? Don't worry Richard, feel free to miss home games for a 'family get together'
    I don’t do wind up’s pal!
    He like everyone else has a family.....and he only attends about 30% of home games anyway.....if that.
    And he is free to go to games as and when he wants......as I say, he’s not there more than he is nowadays anyway.
  • Options
    Sue Perks was in charge today. Hope her family didn't let the side down again in the Directors Box.