Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland Out Today Press Release 23 Aug 2018

Part 1:
During the English public holiday weekend of 24th – 27th August the streets of Sint-Truiden, Belgium, will play host to a colourful party of British men and women, dressed in their favourite blue, yellow and red clothes, delivering similarly brightly coloured leaflets.

Is this a Brexit event? No – very far from it! They are members of the Roland Out Today Party, who, because the UK is still a member of the EU, can participate in Belgium’s municipal elections on 14th October 2018. So, why have they chosen Sint-Truiden for this celebration of European democracy?

A Roland Out Today Party spokesperson explained:
“Circumstances dictate that we have a particular link with Sint-Truiden. We are fans of Charlton Athletic Football Club, and our incompetent owner, Roland Duchâtelet, is a prominent businessman and politician in this Belgian town.”

“When he bought the club in 2014 we were competing in the 2nd tier of English football (Championship,) with debts well under €20M. Since then the club has been relegated and now operates a paper-thin playing squad. Ticket sales are under 50% of what they were the last time the team competed at this level, and debts are now over €65M. There is a real fear of relegation to the 4th division for the first time in the club’s history, should Duchâtelet retain control this season.”

“Fans have been re-energised to support protests; ROT saw a 62% surge in membership last week, and anger following this week’s press revelations, that the club has not honoured target-related bonus payments to non-playing employees, is expected to prompt even more to join ROT. Already the independent Fans’ Protest Fund has ringfenced £!000 to donate towards legal or related costs incurred by the staff if they decide to go to law over this.”

“Duchâtelet seems incapable of successfully negotiating the sale of the club, although he declared 8 months ago that was his intention. We suspect that, having devalued and asset-stripped the club, he grossly overestimates its value. He has said Charlton is only 1½% of his business interests, worth just 1½% of his time. ROT intends to make it 100% of his business concerns, and help focus his mind on its speedy sale.”

“We were initially incredulous that a man who had built a multibillion business empire could be so inept in his fiscal management of our club. As we delved into his business credentials and his political life in Sint-Truiden, we began to wonder to what extent the former was being supplemented by the latter, so we started digging deeper.”

Comments

• Good luck ROTters - embarrass the greedy billionaire in his own backyard. He doesn't like it up him!

Sorry i cant be with you this time.
  • Fabulous effort ROTters!
    I'm going to have to find some goat sitters as I so want to join in the protests!!!!

Talk about a busman's holiday - exchanging a herd of goats for cornering one sad old yellow-toothed billy...
  • Fabulous effort ROTters!
    I'm going to have to find some goat sitters as I so want to join in the protests!!!!

Sounds fun
    How much do you pay??
  • Sponsored links:

• I get really angry when people refer to Douchbag as an old goat.
    Goats are lovely.
    He's a smell old cockwomble.

I like wombles, what you got against madame chalet and uncle Bulgaria
  • Well done ROT, embarrass the old scrote as much as possible!
  • Good luck and well done ROT
  • Good luck to all out there. Sorry I can't be with you.
  • Great effort people. Wish I could be with you - plus side is that this will meke some excellent bad publicity (for Roland that is!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Any late undecided folks who fancy a trip to Belgium, there’s space in the car leaving Greenwich around 3pm and through the tunnel to France around 4.30-5.

• I really hope everything goes really well for you all.
  • Gammon said:

I get really angry when people refer to Douchbag as an old goat.
    Goats are lovely.
    He's a smell old cockwomble.

I like wombles, what you got against madame chalet and uncle Bulgaria
    Going underground overground wombling free like they own the place. When most of em sleep on the job. Freeloaders.
  • Very good luck to all the lovely people going
  • Anything that embarrasses the old scrote in his own backyard can only be a good thing.
    Good luck to all who are going.

Roland out.
  • Thank you ROT. Have a great time and upset the bastard as much as you can.
  • edited August 2018
    Wishing you all the very best on the Belgian frontline.
  • I can't be the only one that keeps meaning to join. Can you put up a reminder of how to join please. Thank you to all concerned.