Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland Out Today Press Release 23 Aug 2018

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for this idea @PragueAddick , and if we get desperate I might try that.
    Actually it was the paywall for Het Nieuwsblad, as I was curious to discover what the Lady Mayor had to say about ROT.

However I am not very computer savvy & struggle to limit cookies to strictly necessary even on some English language sites. I'm already getting a new load of pop-up ads which have probably arrived as a result of this morning's efforts on the internet!! I have set my browser for maximum privacy but clearly that alone is not enough.
  • Options
    Great stuff @Big in Brasov and all the ROT team.
  • Options
    Excellent stuff John well done ROT
  • Options
    Haha, brilliant! Well done again.
  • Options
    Yes, well done!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    N01R4M said:

we have a quote from Roland on the situation at the end of this article...

De Rijkste Belgen
    https://derijkstebelgen.be/nieuws/boze-charlton-fans-pesten-roland-duchatelet-tot-sint-truiden/
    Translation: https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=https://derijkstebelgen.be/nieuws/boze-charlton-fans-pesten-roland-duchatelet-tot-sint-truiden/&prev=search
    Boze Charlton fans pesten Roland Duchâtelet tot in Sint-Truiden

Angry Charlton fans are bullying Roland Duchâtelet to Sint-Truiden

The 63-year-old London Charlton fan John Barnes pays 1,200 euros to Truienaars who want to stand on the congregation list of the party ROT. That name stands for "Roland Out Today". Barnes represents a hard core of British football fans who want Roland Duchâtelet to step up as soon as possible as owner of the football team Charlton Athletics . Barnes placed an advertisement in the Het Belang van Limburg newspaper. Proof that those fans know what they are doing. For the 71-year-old Duchâtelet it concerns a small group of unscrupulous procreators.

The only program item of ROT is to annoy Roland Duchâtelet. "Because he ruins our club," Barnes says in the paper. Duchâtelet has long been the target of the angry Charlton fans. The latter find an ally in the British tabloid Daily Mail. He regularly launches smooth articles full of insinuating allegations against Duchâtelet. There was, for example, a recent dispute regarding an unpaid premium to two employees of the club. The supporter's core placed a graphically edited photo of the Belgian industrialist in which he does seem to be the ugly devil himself.
    Barnes not only placed an advertisement, he also busted flyers in the houses of the Truienaars. He touches Duchâtelet in his home base. The billionaire still owns the real estate of the STVV football team in Sint-Truiden. With his party Vivant he also once conquered two seats in the Senate. "Of course I know that Duchâtelet is no longer politically active. But he is an important figure in Sint-Truiden and we want to put pressure on him from all sides and make it as uncomfortable as possible ", says John Barnes, who until 15 September has the time to get candidates on a list that is made by 100 Truienaars. supported.
    "I want to give as little attention as possible to these disowned core supporters of Charlton", responds Roland Duchâtelet in the newspaper. "What is happening now, says a lot about the underhand mentality of this small group and what they are capable of. The problem is that the bad apples infect the loyal following. That they go far to damage me, they now prove again. I completely dissociate myself from these unscrupulous founders. "Duchâtelet is currently negotiating the sale of Charlton Athletics, but these negociations have not yet been completed.

Well, I don't know about you, my fellow ROTters, but in this context I will wear the epithet of "underhand" as a badge of honour.

Roland - how many times in the early days did fans try to approach you in an open, friendly and constructive way?
    As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Sounds good... we disassociate ourselves from him too, the sociopathic twat.
  • Options
    "Unscrupulous founders", has a bit of a ring to it. I like it.
  • Options
    "Unscrupulous procreators.", even better.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I'm noting the claim only 2 bonuses were unpaid - could that be a little lie?

Surely not a fib, Roland!
    Must be a typo.
    Presumably twenty-something?????
    Because if it is two hundred and something, that would be truly shocking.

Any thoughts on this @Airman Brown
  • Options
    Bit fucking rich him using the word unscrupulous if you ask me.

Rich probably being tha operative word. Twat.
  • Options

In your own backyard Roland..... last Saturday. 10,000 ROT-leaflets put through letterboxes

Is that a stadium I see in the background? I do hope none of the players got the leaflet about non payment of bonuses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:

Wish he'd go & procreate with himself !
  • Options

limeygent said:

He would quote Woody Allen.
    'Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love'.
  • Options
    One of the reasons for choosing the name ROT was the scope it might give headline writers for puns.

So, @Stig , I hope you will forgive me for thinking of this as the ROTten apple from the barrel, rather than the bad one.

Either way, I admire and envy your artistry.
  • Options
    Well played lads, your continued efforts are much appreciated. Now, IF you could play football, we would be top four Premiership!
  • Options

limeygent said:

He hasn’t got the balls :wink:
  • Options

Well played lads, your continued efforts are much appreciated. Now, IF you could play football, we would be top four Premiership!

And lassies.