Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Cullen signs on season long loan - on OS

Comments

• Good luck Josh - loved seeing you improve week after week. And will never forget that ball you put in for the BFG. All the best Fella
  • Hopefully we get him back. 
    Doesn't read like a "might be back next year" message.  Shame - really good player.  
  • Thanks for helping us this season Josh. One of the best midfielders ive seen play for us for a while. 
  • edited May 2019
    Despite that I’m still not giving up hope yet. He was always going to return to West Ham and have a pre season with them. It’s quite another thing forcing your way into a 25 man squad. There might just not be room for him in that 25 as a midfielder. In any case, good luck Josh. Great little footballer.
    I agree 100%. Nothing wrong with the lad having a little ambition but I still think he’ll find it incredibly tough to break in over ther - Declan Rice he is not.
  • Given he's 23 not for example 19-20, you do wonder if he can't get into West Ham's 25 they'll look to sell him and not loan him.

If so I suspect he'll go somewhere where they're spending a lot more than we are.
  • Wish him all the best. As others had said players like him with a great attitude and skill and hard work will have a very good career. Shame he is not a Charlton fan but he has earned his chance to try and get into the 1st team squad at West Ham. It ws vital that him, Aribo, Bauer and Beilik were fit for Wembley as they were the class players (not forgetting Taylor). 
  • Been brilliant for us and only wish him well. But two days in, and our parade has been well and truly pissed on. Guess it was always going to happen and expect the inevitable of bielik, Williams, Bauer and possibly bow saying goodbye in the next couple of weeks. Until Roland fucks off, there’s never going to be stability or longevity. 
  • Been brilliant for us and only wish him well. But two days in, and our parade has been well and truly pissed on. Guess it was always going to happen and expect the inevitable of bielik, Williams, Bauer and possibly bow saying goodbye in the next couple of weeks. Until Roland fucks off, there’s never going to be stability or longevity. 
    At least we have these issues a league higher.
    At least we have these issues a league higher.
    My thoughts entirely!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    Thanks josh. Very good player that gave everything for Charlton. You will always be welcome at the valley. 
  • Maybe just maybe the title to the thread needs to be changed?
  • Hopefully we get him back. 
    Doesn't read like a "might be back next year" message.  Shame - really good player.  
    He wants to play for west ham but they might not want him (feel he's ready) so you never know. 
  • He looked very small on the big Wembley pitch. Can’t help thinking maybe too small for the Prem?
  • Will struggle to get in over Declan rice I would have thought.
  • Will struggle to get in over Declan rice I would have thought.
    I’m guessing Cullen is aiming for a spot in the West Ham squad rather than the starting XI
  • He looked very small on the big Wembley pitch. Can’t help thinking maybe too small for the Prem?
    Erm what?
    Kante seems to get on just fine 
    Messi survives too. 

Josh will Always be welcome at the Valley. He will always be remembered as a hard working honest (and quality) young man who gave one the greatest assists ever in Charlton’s history. 
  • se9addick said:
    Will struggle to get in over Declan rice I would have thought.
    I’m guessing Cullen is aiming for a spot in the West Ham squad rather than the starting XI
    If he doesn't get to play regularly it'd surely hinder his career and development as a footballer. Last night I had a few exchanges with a West Ham fan that manages a very popular Chinese West Ham social media account and when I asked about the possibility of Cullen making their team she said he could get involved in pre-season and cup games at best. It seems playing well in  a third placed League One side isn't convincing enough to West Ham supporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will really miss Cullen as he was instrumental in our rise this year. Good luck, Josh, and thanks for your commitment and energy. But.... should you go on loan again, remember the great times at CAFC and come back!
  • Did us proud. There are a few players over the years, not many, but a few, who could come to us with a different colour shirt on and be clapped off the pitch. Join that list Josh.
    Not as small as the players on the pitch in Baku last night!
  • He will know where he stands with West Ham this season around the time the season starts. There will be many factors deciding this, not least how he performs pre-season. We are well placed to pick him up if he isn't in their immediate plans. He does need to be playing football at this stage of his career. I thought he was always good, but got better as the season went on and that is why.
  • edited May 2019
    25May98 said:
    He looked very small on the big Wembley pitch. Can’t help thinking maybe too small for the Prem?
    Messi survives too. 

Josh will Always be welcome at the Valley. He will always be remembered as a hard working honest (and quality) young man who gave one the greatest assists ever in Charlton’s history. 
    Did he? When was that?

Certainly didn't assist Bauer's goal, that was off Bauer's head, against a Sunderland player, then Bauer struck it again for it to deflect in...

I mean i get the sentiment and it was an important pass, but let's not over egg the pudding.
  • It is quite unusual to have loan signings play their hearts out for a club that is not their first choice.We were very fortunate,cullen Beilick and Purrington were superb for us,and I hope they all go on to have great careers wherever they play.I hope they all have fond memories of Charlton,they will always be welcome back to the Valley.And no I have not given up seeing them here next year.
    It is and that is totally down to Bowyer & Jacko and the unity they have created.
  • It is quite unusual to have loan signings play their hearts out for a club that is not their first choice.We were very fortunate,cullen Beilick and Purrington were superb for us,and I hope they all go on to have great careers wherever they play.I hope they all have fond memories of Charlton,they will always be welcome back to the Valley.And no I have not given up seeing them here next year.
    I dunno, most successful teams in the EFL have loan players in key positions, who totally want success for that club. Henderson at Shrewsbury a year ago and Sheffield Utd this season is a good example, he's desperate to stay at Sheffield next season