Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options
    Root out - sweeping - for 124 (146)

I think we can safely say that never in the history of Test cricket have the top 7 been out playing a version of the sweep!

301-7 and a lead of 255
  • Options
    Curran spoils the run of sweep victims by getting bowled first ball
  • Options

Disgraceful, disobeying the clear instructions to sweep everything
  • Options

To be fair to Curran he was caught asleep on camera five minutes before he came in to bat. He looked like he was still in that state when he played that ball.
  • Options
    Don't know what SL are going to do for spinners in the next Test - Herath has retired and Akila (5-96 in this innings) is having to undergo tests on a somewhat suspect action.
  • Options
    Rashid given out LBW. He hit it but, as we have no reviews, he has to go.

305-9 and a lead of 259
  • Options

Jimmy following team orders as he reverse sweeps his first ball for a boundary!
  • Options
    Foakes goes to his 50 with a 6
  • Options
    And we're off for lightning in the area

324-9 and a lead of 278
  • Options
    Well I have to say that it's been many years since we've had the sort of selection problems that we are encountering now. To think that players like Bairstow, Broad and Woakes may play no part in this series shows how far we've come.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Clean sweep avoided!! :)
  • Options
    3 Surrey half centuries in the match.

All you Kent fans must be feeling rather sick.
  • Options
    We would have had 3 centuries so not sure what your point is Canters.
  • Options
    Slightly worried with this one, as apparently Pakistan chased down 370 at this ground, and won by six wickets in 2015!

Need the spinners to be more consistent than the first dig, when they were a bit eratic at best.

• Options
    346 all out and a lead of exactly 300

Anderson 12 (13)
    Foakes 65* (119)

Invaluable partnership of 41
  • Options
    Anderson and Leach open the bowling. Denly fielding for Curran who has a side strain.
  • Options
    Great work from Foakes to a decent ball from Leach has Silva stumped

14-1
  • Options
    Just had my tweet put on the BBC website. I've made it!
  • Options
    Fucking hell that is an unbelievable catch
  • Options
    Brilliant catch from Jennings off Leach, taken like a goalkeeper sent the wrong way from a penalty - but catching the ball instead of saving it with his feet.

16-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reviewing an LBW now......yes OUT!
  • Options
    Leach...3-11.
  • Options
    LBW, upon review to Leach who now has 3-11

SL 26-3
  • Options

Well I have to say that it's been many years since we've had the sort of selection problems that we are encountering now. To think that players like Bairstow, Broad and Woakes may play no part in this series shows how far we've come.

With the advent of Moeen, Curran and Stokes in the side as all rounders, it does mean that, in the West Indies and when we return home, we can still play Anderson, Broad and a second spinner (on current form Leach).

That does mean though that the injury caused as a result of that silly pre match kick about could mean an extended absence for Bairstow.

Makes us the best balanced side in the world with Foakes at 7 and Curran at 8. Although I could see a situation where they both move up one and Moeen drops to 8.
  • Options
    Moeen has one that goes between Foakes and Stokes and then a hard one dropped by the slip.

50-3
  • Options
    103-4
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    197-5.....Mathews currently on 79.....could go either way, though we should be slight favourites.
    15 mins to tea.
  • Options
    Sri Lanka are generally 1/2 at the bookies to win and England 13/8
  • Options
    Just woke up to see SL are 219-5 at tea. So much for test cricket being dead/boring/irrelevant 😀
  • Options
    Great match this