Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options

redman said:

Superb win.

38 wickets in the match by spinners - that is an all-time record in any Test match ever, and it's only the third time out of England's 363 Test victories that they've won without a wicket from a fast bowler.

Ironic that, with the odd exception, we prepare wickets in this country that suit seamers. The 2odd exception" being Taunton, the home of Leach and quite possible that we would not have won this series had he not had the experience of bowling on such tracks.
    England have been pitiful in the sub-continent for the last few years, so this series is a major breakthrough. It'll definitely give the other countries food for thought when we play them there next
  • Options
    Not counting any chickens here, but seems that both cricket and football teams have made huge strides in past 12 months, with different attitudes and application.
    All we need now is Charlton to follow. (definitely not counting any chickens)

• Options

Not counting any chickens here, but seems that both cricket and football teams have made huge strides in past 12 months, with different attitudes and application.
    All we need now is Charlton to follow. (definitely not counting any chickens)

Shame the rugby team is going backwards
  • Options
    A little early to start praising our cricket team yet. Sri Lanka are going through a huge transitional period having lost a number of true world class players in the last few years. Our away record is still woeful. Despite the Windies downslide over the past years we have only beaten them once away in almost 50 years. Of I course I expect us to beat them this season but we all said that last time.
    There are a lot of positives about our young players and quite rightly but there are still issues to sort out, namely a solid top 3 and replacements for Anderson and Broad.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

A little early to start praising our cricket team yet. Sri Lanka are going through a huge transitional period having lost a number of true world class players in the last few years. Our away record is still woeful. Despite the Windies downslide over the past years we have only beaten them once away in almost 50 years. Of I course I expect us to beat them this season but we all said that last time.
    There are a lot of positives about our young players and quite rightly but there are still issues to sort out, namely a solid top 3 and replacements for Anderson and Broad.

Get the Groundsmen around the country to copy Taunton and produce bunsens, we won't need much of a pace attack!
  • Options
    Seems that Sam's side strain has ruled him out of the next Test - and they are talking of Bairstow coming in as replacement
  • Options

Riviera said:

Get the Groundsmen around the country to copy Taunton and produce bunsens, we won't need much of a pace attack!
    We will in Australia!
  • Options
    Anderson will retire as soon as the outcome of the ashes is known imo. Broad should still have a few years left.

I would suggest Broad and Woakes will open the bowling for the first test here in 2020. Stones and Porter next cabs off the rank.
  • Options
    anyone in the queue to buy tickets for Ashes? I've 'won' the opportunity to sit here making excuses as to why i'm 10 mins late for a meeting ! eek
  • Options

anyone in the queue to buy tickets for Ashes? I've 'won' the opportunity to sit here making excuses as to why i'm 10 mins late for a meeting ! eek

yup won the ballot to buy oval tickets, now waiting in a queue thats saying an hour!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    shirty5 said:

ARE YOU SEEING HOW PATIENT WE ARE?!?!
  • Options
    Online for just under an hour but have got 2 tickets for the first day of the Ashes test at the Oval.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Online for just under an hour but have got 2 tickets for the first day of the Ashes test at the Oval.

on for about an hour and almost front of the queue.
  • Options

did you ever get any. I also got supposedly won in the ballot while having to wait an hour. A friend of mine is now trying to buy and can't get 2 together! usual surrey farce
  • Options
    redman said:

did you ever get any. I also got supposedly won in the ballot while having to wait an hour. A friend of mine is now trying to buy and can't get 2 together! usual surrey farce
    This doesn't sound good! still waiting...
  • Options
    Yes. Husband got 2 for day 1 and I got 2 for day 3. Was 40 minutes late for my meeting.... website so slow it took the full 16 mins to enter my payment details so was sweating thinking it was going to time out!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    how much are tickets? People on twitter saying £100/ticket which seems mental
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Joe Denly has been picked by the sixth team in the diamond round of the ppl draft. If that means much to anyone.

Ian Bell has gone to Islamabad United.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Joe Denly has been picked by the sixth team in the diamond round of the ppl draft. If that means much to anyone.

Weird how they can't play Tests in Pakistan yet lots of international cricketers are happy to play there in their T20 competition
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get on at 9, so now in the queue of angst...
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Weird how they can't play Tests in Pakistan yet lots of international cricketers are happy to play there in their T20 competition
    Don’t they play the games in UAE and possibly just the final in Pakistan ,
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Don’t they play the games in UAE and possibly just the final in Pakistan ,
    In 2019 they've shifted it slightly more towards Pakistan, but still only 9 games will be played there.
  • Options
    Samit Patel joins Bell at Islamabad in the gold round.
  • Options

any joy? a friend of mine got through at 10.40 and got tickets for day 3, 4 and 5. She's a single person so could buy more than one day and doesn't need 2 together so i guess had more joy than some.
  • Options
    unbelievable, been stuck on "less than 30 mins" for the last hour and a half. Have to go out for work now. Gutted.
  • Options

any joy? a friend of mine got through at 10.40 and got tickets for day 3, 4 and 5. She's a single person so could buy more than one day and doesn't need 2 together so i guess had more joy than some.
    Over an hour later, nowhere near the finishing line!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

We might see you there. We got 2x2 =4.
  • Options
    For future reference it's often worth logging in an hour before the start time, as you are sometimes held in a waiting room/queue, in front of anyone logging in at 9am. Tickets in the OCS stand were £115.
  • Options

Over an hour later, nowhere near the finishing line!
    2 1/2 hours and counting...