Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options
    Jennings to sign for Worcestershire.
    Fact
  • Options
    6 down!
  • Options
    Jennings to keep wicket ahead of Bairstow and Buttler
  • Options
    Definitely think Foakes has broke his finger here.
  • Options

Definitely think Foakes has broke his finger here.

Shame we don't have another keeper.
  • Options
    SL lost 6 wickets for 49
  • Options
    Make that 7
  • Options
    Great spell of fast bowling from Stokes in these conditions.
  • Options

Great spell of fast bowling from Stokes in these conditions.

Yes, the last thing I expected was Stokes to be bouncing them out.

Indeed the way they've played him, England will wonder if Stone or Woakes might have been a useful option instead of one of the spinners
  • Options
    I don't think England will regret their selection tbh. This is turning into another mauling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    8 wickets fell during Stokes spell. Mammoth effort in those conditions. Maybe Stones could have played instead of one of the wicket keepers ;-)
  • Options
    Dare i say it, but England seem to be moulding into a very competent unit. All it really needs is for Burns to step up and cement his place. We seem to have strength in depth in most positions now.
    OK, might sugest that this is only SL with most of their world class players recently retired, but its also the same team that beat SA earlier this year.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Jennings to keep wicket ahead of Bairstow and Buttler

Cough Rory Burns cough.
  • Options
    Jennings great fielding has detracted from Roots two drops. Get burns in the slips ffs. One of the best in county cricket.
  • Options
    Rashid 21no and a 5 fer, a decent day for him
  • Options
    Over to the ladies now! (Or, tonight)
  • Options

Rashid 21no and a 5 fer, a decent day for him

Plus a run out?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Holy shit those are some special grabs by Jennings.

The one off the Rashid googly low to his left was a reaction time of 0.35 seconds. That is an absolute scandal!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Over to the ladies now! (Or, tonight)

Shocking standard of cricket.
    Can’t watch anymore
  • Options
    We're collapsing fast. 74-6 and Australia's out cricket has been appalling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Final over and we are 102-8
  • Options
    104-9 but we could really have been out for 60 if Aussie had caught and fielded better.
  • Options
    105 all out.
    On the face of it that was really, really poor. However we all know what Aussie are like chasing small totals!
  • Options
    39-4
  • Options
    39-4.....dear oh dear!
  • Options
    Aussie women won by 8 wickets with 29 balls to spare. Pretty comprehensive victory for them.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Stokes and Buttler steadying the ship for the men’s side somewhat.

Now 110-4 from 28 overs and a lead of 206. Stokes has been out off a no ball twice in the last five overs. In the 23rd over Buttler was given out lbw but the decision was overturned by DRS.

Stokes 32 n/o
    Buttler 38 n/o
  • Options
    128-5
    Stokes out for 42
    Buttler 45 not out
  • Options
    Stokes finally out, had been out off 2 no balls before lunch.
  • Options

change of field. Root gone, but surely a no ball?

Initially I thought the same Suz......but then thinking about it it’s not the same scenario as a run out where the batsman’s foot/hand/bat etc have to be grounded.
    For a bowler part of his foot only has to be behind the line but not necessarily grounded......I believe I am correct in saying that. If I am, then that was a fair delivery...... can someone confirm.
    Having said that, it was a damn close call either way.

I have a real issue with the 3rd Umpire constantly giving the benefit of the doubt to the bowler mainly because I really cannot understand why any bowler, let alone a spinner, pushes things so far that the delivery has to be looked at.

In fact, I must admit that the sadist in me likes nothing better than, when umpiring and having either warned a bowler that he is getting very close or even already previously called a "no ball", having the arm outstretched just as the batsman's middle stump is seen cartwheeling through the air!
    Twice SL spinners have got Stokes "out" only for "no balls" to be called by the 3rd Umpire. That really is pathetic cricket from them.

The sadist in me is satisfied.