Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things you’d ban if you could........

Comments

• McBobbin said:

I wouldn't ban vaping, it's far better than smoking. I'd ban people from thinking it looks good though

There's no need for that liquid that makes you look like Ivor the Engine.......the normal stuff is ok. Some of it stinks a bit - but definitely better than the smell of cigarette smoke imo.
  • McBobbin said:

I wouldn't ban vaping, it's far better than smoking. I'd ban people from thinking it looks good though

There's no need for that liquid that makes you look like Ivor the Engine.......the normal stuff is ok. Some of it stinks a bit - but definitely better than the smell of cigarette smoke imo.
    Indeed. As you say, it's the people who go for maximum vapour... I swore the car in front of me earlier was on fire the amount of smoke billowing out
  • McBobbin said:

There is a need if you're trying to overcome a serious nicotine addiction, when I first started vaping I got myself a little pen and it did absolutely nothing for me, so after using my friend's sub-Ohm machine, I bought one myself, not had a cig in over a year!
  • People who don't say 'camaraderie' properly! (It's not COMaraderie!) And yes, just heard someone say it incorrectly on the radio now. Just ban them!

And while you're at it, learn how to say 'Lackadaisical' correctly as well! (e.g. Jim Beglin and Sam Matterface when you're commentating!!!).

Don't you mean lapsadaisical?
  • Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Young thrusting executives who use utterly pointless business speak phrases.

Learnt two new ones in the last couple of weeks "Sheep dipping" and "Horizon gazing".

Just say what you mean.

Wankers.

Any kind of networking slang should be banned

"Lets brainstorm" or "Put our heads together" - Just piss off trying to sound clever
    "Brainstorming" is a no no now at my work as it has been identified as a phrase that can offend those with mental health issues.
    feel free to have an "idea shower" instead
  • Anyone who slows down to have a nose at an accident on the other side of the road .
    You rubber necking bellends , fuck off it’s a flashing light, some poor bastard is in pain but no let’s add half hour on to our journey time by braking and slowing right down so you can have a real good look at a mangled up car and an ambulance and some police cars , fuck off , let’s have a sniper on the side of the road ready to shoot anyone dead who slows down for a look , get em off the road and it will keep our lives moving .
    Cyclists riding more than 2 abreast and not getting back in line when traffic is about .
    People who drive up your arse when clearly there is traffic in front and you can’t overtake or go amywhere else , go away you bellend cos one day I’m gonna break real hard and peel you out the back of my car you twat .

There is a hypothesis that suggests this is simply human nature rooted in mankinds development of conscious thinking. By looking at someone else's accident, you're able to work out what you should do to avoid being caught in the same situation. In pre-history, if I saw the aftermath of you being trampled by a woolly mammoth, I would know to avoid laying down when a woolly mammoth was running past.

By logical extension, the banning of woolly mammoths at the outset may have made made the M25 a much more enjoyable place.
  • Wouldn’t ban but I’d restrict the free Oyster cards that kids have to only allow them in routes and times to and from school.
    When I was a kid we had to pay for a red bus rover ticket to cause havoc in other parts of London.
  • Overpriced organic food
  • Sponsored links:

• The word 'prolly'

Threads on Charlton Life about things you had or want banned : - )

PS

Racism
    Hate
    Poverty
    Millwall
    Queen

Not a fan Henry? New movie meant to be good (unless you are sat next to some popcorn munching, drink slurping, gluttonous chump!).
    Sure the movie will be fine, it's the soundtrack that grates.
    Seconded Henners, I cant stand Queen, well more Freddie Mercury really, wet mouthed prancing fool.
    That said I want to see the film cos its got the outstanding actor Rami Malek playing Mercury.

Rami Malek played Merriel "Snafu" Shelton in Pacific and was extraordinary.

The word 'prolly' - just stop.
  • Music in cafes
  • Threads on CL such as the Southampton uni one and Katie Hopkins.
    By putting these threads on here you giving them attention they want and bringing it to mine and others attention when I'd of been none the wiser.
  • ”wet mouthed prancing fool."

Like Queen, like Freddie, pissed myself.
  • Smoking.

It's down to 11% in California, already. So would love to see it get down to zero.

Just out of interest why?
    1. I dislike it, especially the smell
    2. It's very bad for anyone who does it
    3. It's an addictive substance with no redeeming value
    4, It kills 9 million per year worldwide
    4. The cancer is causes and treatment for it raises the cost of everyone else's healthcare
  • Parents using buggy’s / pushchairs on the train during rush hour. Particularly when they leave them sitting in the train doorway so nobody can get on or off.
  • Smoking.

It's down to 11% in California, already. So would love to see it get down to zero.

4. The cancer is causes and treatment for it raises the cost of everyone else's healthcare
    i did point out earlier that the cost in the uk of smoking related illnesses are less of a cost compared to the tax earned, i just think if your going to ban everything that can harm someone then where do you stop, im a smoker all be it less than i used to be, im fully aware that i have a much higher risk of getting cancer.

what i do agree on is that you shouldn't enforce your smoking on other people, for example standing in a doorway smoking blowing it all over others that do not smoke.
  • edited October 2018

Parents using buggy’s / pushchairs on the train during rush hour. Particularly when they leave them sitting in the train doorway so nobody can get on or off.

this there is usually no need for a woman with 5 kids to decide to get on the tube at south kensington with a buggy and every child armed with one of those dinosaur things on a stick where you pull the trigger and it bites.
  • white poppies
  • white poppies

Thought that said puppies, thought it was a bit random.
  • Sponsored links:

• white poppies

Thought that said puppies, thought it was a bit random.
    #puppylivesmatter
  • Smoking.

i did point out earlier that the cost in the uk of smoking related illnesses are less of a cost compared to the tax earned, i just think if your going to ban everything that can harm someone then where do you stop, im a smoker all be it less than i used to be, im fully aware that i have a much higher risk of getting cancer.

what i do agree on is that you shouldn't enforce your smoking on other people, for example standing in a doorway smoking blowing it all over others that do not smoke.
    Hot dang, I only find myself agreeing with you (make the most of it :wink: ).

Why not ban showjumping or motorbikes or even football? All things you don't have to do, and all things where 90% of people will injure themselves doing it at some point, and require at least some kind of treatment from the NHS. None of them raise money in themselves for the treasury.

I haven't smoked for exactly six years, by the way.
  • Smoking.

Hot dang, I only find myself agreeing with you (make the most of it :wink: ).

Why not ban showjumping or motorbikes or even football? All things you don't have to do, and all things where 90% of people will injure themselves doing it at some point, and require at least some kind of treatment from the NHS. None of them raise money in themselves for the treasury.

I haven't smoked for exactly six years, by the way.
    gotta happen sometime ha, only a bit of lighthearted debate most of the time.

broke my elbow a few years back on a sunday morning came off of a ladder doing a bit of diy, sunday morning a&e was full of football/rugby players with breaks or fractures.

i think people that smoke know the risks, if anything junk food is probably worse as i see a lot more obese people than i do smokers.
  • Daggs said:

adults on scooters

I trust this is a reference to the small foot driven childs toy and in no way refers to the wonderful motor scooter. Particularly those manufactured from 1945 to 1972.
    100% the toy of course, have always been a admirer of Vespas regularly used to go down Brighton mod weekenders, even bought a parka and stitched a load of badges on it still hanging in the wardrobe.
    Better on a Lambretta mate
  • Peter Hain
  • edited October 2018

Daggs said:

adults on scooters

I trust this is a reference to the small foot driven childs toy and in no way refers to the wonderful motor scooter. Particularly those manufactured from 1945 to 1972.
    100% the toy of course, have always been a admirer of Vespas regularly used to go down Brighton mod weekenders, even bought a parka and stitched a load of badges on it still hanging in the wardrobe.
    Mace in italy
    Threaded in england
  • Greenie said:

Daggs said:

adults on scooters

Theres no better feeling than riding your Lambretta/Vespa and feeling the wind whistle through your vagina as you hammer down the road flat out at 45mph.
    Although scooters have always been my first love and the reason I got my bike licence in the first place, I've been into and ridden a few types of bike over the years, but find it too much like hard word. I would love to pootle about on a weekend on a Lambretta again, if I could afford it and had the time, but cars are definitely my main mode of transport nowadays.
  • Greenie said:

Daggs said:

adults on scooters

Theres no better feeling than riding your Lambretta/Vespa and feeling the wind whistle through your vagina as you hammer down the road flat out at 45mph.
    Although scooters have always been my first love and the reason I got my bike licence in the first place, I've been into and ridden a few types of bike over the years, but find it too much like hard word. I would love to pootle about on a weekend on a Lambretta again, if I could afford it and had the time, but cars are definitely my main mode of transport nowadays.
    Would love to have a scooter but don't rate the safety aspect.
  • ...my LI190 went a lot better than 45 an all, almost got 50 out of it coming down Shooter Hill once

; )