Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things you’d ban if you could........

Comments

• Options

People I don't know calling me 'buddy' or 'mate', the brummie accent, my kids screaming 'you promised'.

What if they call you Santa?
    What about Sunbeam? 'All right, Sunbeam?' I think that's acceptable.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

People I don't know calling me 'buddy' or 'mate', the brummie accent, my kids screaming 'you promised'.

What if they call you Santa?
    What about Sunbeam? 'All right, Sunbeam?' I think that's acceptable.
    or moosh, 'alwight moosh'?
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

Farts, except for the really eggy ones

What a daft suggestion. It's impossible until someone invents the fart-o-meter. :smiley:
    Okay, murder then?
  • Options

...my LI190 went a lot better than 45 an all, almost got 50 out of it coming down Shooter Hill once

; )

A few years ago the lap record at Lydden Hill circuit, for under 250cc vintage 'motorcycle' class was held by Stuart Owen (I think) on a kitted (248cc) Lambretta. It achieved lap speeds in excess of 70MPH. It has since been beaten by a motorbike.
    Having said that, My quickest Lambretta is capable of a genuine 65MPH, but going over 50 MPH on it, is not something I relish. They were not made for that, they're town bikes.
    The thing they have in spades is an iconic style, never beaten.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    People from displaying faux outrage at petty things that don’t have any direct effect on their lives in anyway, shape or form. I used to before I realised the only people my ‘outrage’ effects is myself. Sometimes, for the benefit of your own chi, you just have to let that shit go.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

...my LI190 went a lot better than 45 an all, almost got 50 out of it coming down Shooter Hill once

; )

A few years ago the lap record at Lydden Hill circuit, for under 250cc vintage 'motorcycle' class was held by Stuart Owen (I think) on a kitted (248cc) Lambretta. It achieved lap speeds in excess of 70MPH. It has since been beaten by a motorbike.
    Having said that, My quickest Lambretta is capable of a genuine 65MPH, but going over 50 MPH on it, is not something I relish. They were not made for that, they're town bikes.
    The thing they have in spades is an iconic style, never beaten.
    One of the funniest things I have seen was way back in the early 80's, we were at the Blackheath Tea stand on our proper motorbikes, when a group of about 30 Mods on hairdryers came past, plenty of 'bants' going back and forth as they bumbled past, which was all it was. Anyway one of the Mod chaps goes over the top, stopped and gave us all wanker signs, then stalled his mirror stand, cue a few fellas running over to him as he tried to start his Italian Stallion, he was chucked in the pond followed by his scooter. Terrible behaviour.
  • Options

I won't even start on things I'd like to ban in Thailand!

My pet hate is going to a gig and you're behind someone insisting on filming the whole bloody thing on a mobile phone! Concerts cost a fortune these days; enjoy the moment. It's a practice that theoretically is banned. What's just as bad is the texting and even calling going on during a performance.

So I say ban mobile phones from live music venues, theatres, cinemas and other live entertainment places.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-45395186
  • Options

I won't even start on things I'd like to ban in Thailand!

My pet hate is going to a gig and you're behind someone insisting on filming the whole bloody thing on a mobile phone! Concerts cost a fortune these days; enjoy the moment. It's a practice that theoretically is banned. What's just as bad is the texting and even calling going on during a performance.

So I say ban mobile phones from live music venues, theatres, cinemas and other live entertainment places.

Friend of mine goes to a few gigs and this annoys him. Couple of times recently he's been to a gig where you have to put your mobile in a pouch which is then sealed with a security tag, bit like the ones you see on clothes in shops.

On the way out you then put this tag in a device that unlocks it. You have your mobile with you all the time but cannot access it.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Young thrusting executives who use utterly pointless business speak phrases.

Learnt two new ones in the last couple of weeks "Sheep dipping" and "Horizon gazing".

Just say what you mean.

Wankers.

Starter for 10

Smee's

Touch base

Triage

Ring fenced

Silo'd

tease out the detail

A few project ones for you! :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Smoking.

It's down to 11% in California, already. So would love to see it get down to zero.

Just out of interest why?
    1. I dislike it, especially the smell
    2. It's very bad for anyone who does it
    3. It's an addictive substance with no redeeming value
    4, It kills 9 million per year worldwide
    4. The cancer is causes and treatment for it raises the cost of everyone else's healthcare
    i did point out earlier that the cost in the uk of smoking related illnesses are less of a cost compared to the tax earned, i just think if your going to ban everything that can harm someone then where do you stop, im a smoker all be it less than i used to be, im fully aware that i have a much higher risk of getting cancer.

what i do agree on is that you shouldn't enforce your smoking on other people, for example standing in a doorway smoking blowing it all over others that do not smoke.
    Hey, if you're happy having smelly breath, clothes and want your family to watch you die a slow and painful cancerous death.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Addickted said:

Young thrusting executives who use utterly pointless business speak phrases.

Learnt two new ones in the last couple of weeks "Sheep dipping" and "Horizon gazing".

Just say what you mean.

Wankers.

Starter for 10

Smee's

Touch base

Triage

Ring fenced

Silo'd

tease out the detail

A few project ones for you! :lol:
    A few more ...

Blue sky thinking - what does that actually mean?

Agile thinking/delivery - just another way of saying "we haven't got a proper, defined plan; we're making this all up as we go along".

Why is every project or initiative referred to as a "journey"? Stop trying to make it more exciting than it really is.

We can have a good game of "bullshit bingo" whenever we get announcements from our senior management.

Anyone remember Gus from Drop The Dead Donkey?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Baseball Caps the wearing of, particularly by old people and morons which just about includes everyone who wears one, particularly backwards!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    All experiments on animals.

The eating and wearing of animal products, fur, leather etc.,
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Just now have this image of the old lad waiting dutifully by the bedside of his missus at home, she passes away. He punches the air and runs to the kitchen to move the table into the dining room.

Tbh, we all thought he'd be gone in weeks as, apparently, they never spent a night apart in the 60 odd years they were married, but he's like a born again hooligan. Well, he's joined a male voice choir and slips down the Osbourne View for his liquid lunch every other day.
  • Options
    ...think he might have a new Doris in tow an all
  • Options

...think he might have a new Doris in tow an all

Yeah, the 3rd thing he’d been waiting to do was shag the woman living next door
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:

Baseball Caps the wearing of, particularly by old people and morons which just about includes everyone who wears one, particularly backwards!

😉

That dog has the look on his face wondering why he has to jump through the window when the other bloke can run round it!!
  • Options
    Palace season tickets
  • Options

T_C_E said:

😉

That dog has the look on his face wondering why he has to jump through the window when the other bloke can run round it!!
    Nargh, he’s saying whose the moron in the baseball cap, bloody pink as well!
  • Options
    edited October 2018

People who don't say 'camaraderie' properly! (It's not COMaraderie!) And yes, just heard someone say it incorrectly on the radio now. Just ban them!

And while you're at it, learn how to say 'Lackadaisical' correctly as well! (e.g. Jim Beglin and Sam Matterface when you're commentating!!!).

Don't you mean lapsadaisical?
    Ha, I rest my case!! Or you're just winding me up right? ...........

lackadaisical
    /ˌlakəˈdeɪzɪk(ə)l/Submit
    adjective
    lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy.
    "a lackadaisical defence left Spurs adrift in the second half"
  • Options

T_C_E said:

😉

Let me help you out and can I have less of the Moron please!
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bacee5756255/charlton-family-get-behind-lyle-taylors-pink-october-for-cancer-research-uk
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    T_C_E said:

T_C_E said:

😉

Let me help you out and can I have less of the Moron please!
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bacee5756255/charlton-family-get-behind-lyle-taylors-pink-october-for-cancer-research-uk
    Sorry T.C.E no excuses, you should have done a Lyle and got yer hair done ;)
  • Options
    Jelly.
    I don’t trust the way it moves....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Jelly.
    I don’t trust the way it moves....

Gareth!! You're a Charlton fan!!!