Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Must have someone better lined up.
  • ✍️| Forward Paul Smyth has signed for Accrington Stanley on loan until the end of the season from @SkyBetChamp side @QPR. #WelcomePaul #ASFC #OnStanleyOn 🔴

Guaranteed starts for him no doubt which given the Grant will he, won't he still be hetre on 1st Feb situation, we couldn't.
  • Sage said:

Must have someone better lined up.

Mo Eisa is the player I think it could be.

Smyth is okay but really not good enough just yet for a team needing promotion.
    Quite likely as he's from around here.
  • Must have someone better lined up.

Saw Smyth as a ‘in addition to Grant and Taylor’ so maybe it also means Grant is off

Or maybe I’m home from work and have too much time on my hands
  • no criticism of grant but as a team we don't score a lot of goals so a bit more nouse up top wouldn't be a bad thing??
  • Hopefully we'll sign the Bristol City lad Mo Eisa.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

no criticism of grant but as a team we don't score a lot of goals so a bit more nouse up top wouldn't be a bad thing??

I’ll be shocked if we sign two strikers, especially as we only have space in the match day squad for one more loan.

However much we get for Grant (if he goes) I don’t see Roland paying a fee for anyone. Especially not someone like Grigg who won’t be cheap.
  • DOUCHER said:

no criticism of grant but as a team we don't score a lot of goals so a bit more nouse up top wouldn't be a bad thing??

We score more or less the same as our promotion rivals.

Four teams of the top six, including ourselves and the League leaders have scored the same number of goals - 47.

Donny have scored 51 and Luton 54.
    Both teams plumped up their goals tally, respectively handing out 5-0 and 4-0 thrashings in the last 2 weeks.

As I see it, we're going to thrash a team sooner or later, and in effect we're only that one game behind Donny's tally.

• Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko
    8m8 minutes ago
    More
    HUDDERSFIELD. Currently biggest bidder for Karlan Grant. 1.5. Others like BRENTFORD yet to match. Too rich for MILLWALL.

Baggies also in the frame
  • Redhenry said:

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko
    8m8 minutes ago
    More
    HUDDERSFIELD. Currently biggest bidder for Karlan Grant. 1.5. Others like BRENTFORD yet to match. Too rich for MILLWALL.

Baggies also in the frame
    FFS, theres your game changer right there.
  • Be shocked if he went WBA in the end. He’d be what, 4th choice striker?
  • DOUCHER said:

think goals from up top is more than ok but need the midfield to chip in more. If Grant goes whoever replaces him won't score as many goals.
  • Scoham said:

Laddick01 said:

Honestly a firing Eisa is easily as good as Grant. I’m surprised nobody is saying it but I think Taylor is the key to this side. You can put anyone alongside him and they will score goals.

Grant’s pace and ability to run with the ball makes a big difference. Remember Mooney, Kandol, Akpo Sodje, Abbott, Novak etc? I agree Taylor’s our key player but he wouldn’t be as effective if he didn’t have a partner like Grant who can get in behind defences.

Think of some of those tap ins he’s created for Taylor, no chance Abbott or Novak beating a defender at pace and putting a ball across the box like that.

A lot of our former strikers would have held up the ball rather than nutmeg a defender and go on to win a penalty like Grant did the other day.
    By no means do I want him to go, he’s a good footballer at this level and probably at championship standard.
    I think if we had to replace one however, then Grant is the more easily replaceable.
  • Sponsored links:

• What’s Eisa like as a player ?
  • Laddick01 said:

Honestly a firing Eisa is easily as good as Grant. I’m surprised nobody is saying it but I think Taylor is the key to this side. You can put anyone alongside him and they will score goals.

Ajose?

I think it is the partnership of KG and LT that works. They compliment each other and work well together.

I'm not sure that Eisa is proven as good as Grant. He did very well for Cheltenham but in league two. Grant is doing it in league one.

Happy to have super Mo and Reeeco as back up to Lyle and Karlan.
  • Paul Smyth has signed for Accrington.

John Coleman needs a new suit
  • ✍️| Forward Paul Smyth has signed for Accrington Stanley on loan until the end of the season from @SkyBetChamp side @QPR. #WelcomePaul #ASFC #OnStanleyOn 🔴

Can't say I give a $%^&, as I'd previously not heard of him.
  • For Grant to go to Huddersfield would mean a complete change of life style,here he has friends and family(Idont think he is married)to go up there he would isolated and for a young man he would be socially at a loss(unless he likes training whippets).He should really give this a major think and look beyond the money(ignore his agent for a start).
  • Laddick01 said:

Scoham said:

Laddick01 said:

Grant’s pace and ability to run with the ball makes a big difference. Remember Mooney, Kandol, Akpo Sodje, Abbott, Novak etc? I agree Taylor’s our key player but he wouldn’t be as effective if he didn’t have a partner like Grant who can get in behind defences.

Think of some of those tap ins he’s created for Taylor, no chance Abbott or Novak beating a defender at pace and putting a ball across the box like that.

A lot of our former strikers would have held up the ball rather than nutmeg a defender and go on to win a penalty like Grant did the other day.
    By no means do I want him to go, he’s a good footballer at this level and probably at championship standard.
    I think if we had to replace one however, then Grant is the more easily replaceable.
    Easier I agree but not easy. Taylor's the better and more complete player but affordable players like Grant aren't easy to find.

With RD here if we replace Grant it'll be with a loan or free rather than a proven player that costs a fee like Grigg.
  • For Grant to go to Huddersfield would mean a complete change of life style,here he has friends and family(Idont think he is married)to go up there he would isolated and for a young man he would be socially at a loss(unless he likes training whippets).He should really give this a major think and look beyond the money(ignore his agent for a start).

I always wonder when I read posts like this what we would all do. Its a potential massive payrise joining a club in the top flight who at the very least should be top 10 in the champ next season.

A professional players career doesnt last forever and he could break a leg next year.

Its easy for us to say ignore the money, but thats not reality.
  • edited January 2019
    A fan's view on what a key player (relatively speaking) should do when faced with with the prospect of a substantial pay rise and security will always be heavily weighted towards staying put. I have always looked at on the basis of if it was my son, what would I advise him to do? No brainer for me, your personal success and future livelihood comes first in a short career which could end tomorrow with a bad injury. Go fill your boots son!
  • edited January 2019
    Laddick01 said:

Morning Nicky, how you finding the northeast midlands?