Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Whether he plays tomorrow, or picks up a knock/gets a cold will be very interesting

This totally.

Always remember when Scott Parker got "injured" just before the Gillingham FA Cup match. He moved to Chelsea shortly afterwards.

If KG doesn't play tomorrow, he will be off.

If he does play, there must be an outside chance he will stay until the end of the season before re-assessing his options.
  • Whether he plays tomorrow, or picks up a knock/gets a cold will be very interesting

This totally.

Always remember when Scott Parker got "injured" just before the Gillingham FA Cup match. He moved to Chelsea shortly afterwards.

If KG doesn't play tomorrow, he will be off.

If he does play, there must be an outside chance he will stay until the end of the season before re-assessing his options.
    Exactly how I see it.
    Hopefully he plays and we keep him
  • Hull City, Bristol City, Millwall and Wigan are eyeing moves for Sheffield United striker Leon Clarke before the close of the transfer window.
  • If Grant doesn’t play along with the loss of Taylor I think we can forget about any points at Peterborough
  • If Grant doesn’t play along with the loss of Taylor I think we can forget about any points at Peterborough

Still don't think we would lose without them.
  • And the thing that is really p***ing me off is the fact I spent £20 or so on a signed picture of Grant and Taylor before Christmas.

I'm going to have to cut it in half if KG leaves.

No refunds
  • edited January 2019

And the thing that is really p***ing me off is the fact I spent £20 or so on a signed picture of Grant and Taylor before Christmas.

How about getting it photo shopped mate with you next to Taylor :wink: .
    ps dont worry about the signature, minor detail.
  • And the thing that is really p***ing me off is the fact I spent £20 or so on a signed picture of Grant and Taylor before Christmas.

Just stick a picture of Solly’s face over Grant’s..... nobody will ever notice.
  • All I will add to my points before is that Grant's average rating on Player Marks this season is actually slightly lower than team average. That's unusual for a top scorer. Not that he isn't valuable, but he's certainly well capable of disappearing or misfiring. Which you'd expect of someone his age (although then what about Cullen, Aribo and Bielik, who are consistently superb? I guess they're not strikers)

My point being, it's complicated, and while Grant is certainly not carrying the team like some claim he is, he is doing very well
  • Sponsored links:

• Boro were mentioned in the Grant chase the other day and Pulis has just been on SSN saying they are looking for a pacey forward , have had a few knock backs but still have irons in the fire.
  • RedChaser said:

Boro were mentioned in the Grant chase the other day and Pulis has just been on SSN saying they are looking for a pacey forward , have had a few knock backs but still have irons in the fire.

yep
  • RedChaser said:

Boro were mentioned in the Grant chase the other day and Pulis has just been on SSN saying they are looking for a pacey forward , have had a few knock backs but still have irons in the fire.

Place is a shit hole and they're one of the most boring football clubs in the country. If Grant goes I won't blame, but don't go to Boro for fuck sake
  • One of Grant's main attributes is his speed with the ball, at our level it frightens the defences into mistakes and fouls from which we profit, speed like that is difficult to find in another young player.
  • edited January 2019
    Leuth said:

All I will add to my points before is that Grant's average rating on Player Marks this season is actually slightly lower than team average. That's unusual for a top scorer. Not that he isn't valuable, but he's certainly well capable of disappearing or misfiring. Which you'd expect of someone his age (although then what about Cullen, Aribo and Bielik, who are consistently superb? I guess they're not strikers)

My point being, it's complicated, and while Grant is certainly not carrying the team like some claim he is, he is doing very well

Who said he's carrying the team? That’s just as ridiculous as the idea that he’s not adding much and we’ll be much better off with a non-scoring striker with a good touch and decision making.
  • edited January 2019

Sky now linking us and Sunderland with Oztumer. Good player but probably the last position we actually need.

Certainly fails the height test - 'He's shorter than Chris Solly'
  • Sky now linking us and Sunderland with Oztumer. Good player but probably the last position we actually need.

Certainly fails the height test - 'He's shorter than Chris Solly'
    He wasn't even on the bench for Bolton the other night. Probably want to get some of his wage off the books. Good player.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Surprising Oztumer has no league goals this season, after 15 in each of his seasons with Walsall
  • Sage said:

DOUCHER said:

If Grant leaves and we get Grigg or Eaves plus a pacey fella - maybe qpr bloke??- that wouldn't be too bad

Doucher proving he is no more in the know than the rest of us...
    Never claimed to know who we were going to sign
  • Sage said:

DOUCHER said:

Sage said:

DOUCHER said:

If Grant leaves and we get Grigg or Eaves plus a pacey fella - maybe qpr bloke??- that wouldn't be too bad

Doucher proving he is no more in the know than the rest of us...
    Never claimed to know who we were going to sign
    Okay, may or may not be the case. But you have repeated claimed to know what is happening regarding our club and the ownership of the club, so you should know that even if Grant were to leave, there is not a chance that we would bring in either Grigg or Eaves as Roland wouldn't spend a penny. Not to mention Smyth signed for Stanley today, before you posted that comment.

My point being is that you give off the impression you know so much more and we should only believe whatever you say regarding the sale of the club, but you show a complete lack of knowledge and a degree of naivety with the post above.

Losing Grant, whatever way you look at it, would be a disaster for us.
    When I’ve been told something I say I’ve been told it - when I don’t I’m just speculating - I’m clearly not as on top of the transfer scene as u and don’t claim to be - I’m not an information service, I’m just a poster who gets information from some very good sources and share what i can when I can - believe what u like

This. We would be absolute bonkers not to play Grant tomorrow, no matter what offer we may or may not have received. He is our player until he signs with anyone.
  • DOUCHER said:

Btw - I don’t want grant to go and was told rd was backing bowyer, there were to be no major player sales this window. We’d turned down a £2m bid for grant, Clarke was free to go and we would sign a left back and 2 mids - this was weeks ago, things change I guess, let’s see how it pans out

Just admit you don't actually know anything.
    Remember it's a rumours thread.
    Like with any press speculation, I'm not too worried whether Doucher actually knows anything.

If he might know someone who might know something - and he's happy to pass that on, then that's alright by me.

IMO it doesn't matter whether it's 'fact' or interesting gossip, I can either ignore or discuss.
    Unless it becomes fact, it's just a rumour on a rumours thread.

Keep 'em coming, Doucher.
  • Mo Eisa on the bench for Bristol City tonight.