Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Two blokes with names the same as famous Generals leave at crucial stages of Charlton promotion seasons : Lee and Grant . Both to crap Northern outposts. We will have to Circle the wagons and get someone called Custer in next match to help out in defence
  • Think we are all getting ahead of ourselves here...all the while we have that twat in charge are we really gonna BUY another striker...that money from the sale will go into another trench somewhere in Rolys world meaning his pocket...

Anyways good luck Karlan & not a bad point from today's game,keep the points ticking over...we should still be ok for play offs...
  • Sage said:

Very disappointed to learn about Grant leaving, I find it incredible how so many people are saying our top scorer in the league is replaceable. How many points has Grant won us this season with his goals or even assists to Taylor?

Losing him is a huge loss and one that also means we don’t have that formidable partnership with Taylor. There’s nothing to say that the player we bring in will be able to work as well with Taylor as Grant does.

Eisa would be a good signing as would Eaves but I think people are getting ahead of ourselves. This is Roland we are dealing with.

Let’s just wait for what happens until Thursday and hope for the best.

I think what we say today is how ineffective he is without Taylor.

I know he's out of contract in the summer but there really is no loyalty in the game anymore is there.
  • edited January 2019

J BLOCK said:

Fuck him

Yeh fuck him for wanting to play at the top level of English Football; how dare he show such ambition

This might be his only chance, i.e. he may go the rest of the season without scoring at Charlton or even get injured and that opportunity will be gone

If you want to blame someone blame the same old prick at the top!!... He's allowed Grant and Aribo to run their Contracts down so that now we've got no choice but to either accept a poultry sum now or nothing come the summer - Roland has shown time and time again that he'll only ever choose the short term option... Should have gotten Grant tied down to a new deal as soon as he came back from Crawley after that form he showed
    As above fuck him and Roland fuck him x2
  • Half a good season he’s had in what 4/5 years being about the team etc. Fuck him, not been convinced in a lot of games this season , he’s certainly replaceable unlike Taylor. Get two strikers in and let’s push on. Don’t need someone who don’t want to be here.
  • Disappointing he's leaving, disappointed that like Aribo we're unable to tie them to new contracts. We need a permanent striker in asap
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

Sage said:

Very disappointed to learn about Grant leaving, I find it incredible how so many people are saying our top scorer in the league is replaceable. How many points has Grant won us this season with his goals or even assists to Taylor?

Losing him is a huge loss and one that also means we don’t have that formidable partnership with Taylor. There’s nothing to say that the player we bring in will be able to work as well with Taylor as Grant does.

Eisa would be a good signing as would Eaves but I think people are getting ahead of ourselves. This is Roland we are dealing with.

Let’s just wait for what happens until Thursday and hope for the best.

I think what we say today is how ineffective he is without Taylor.

I know he's out of contract in the summer but there really is no loyalty in the game anymore is there.
    Think he had a difficult job up top on his own, he doesn’t have the qualities to lead the line, we were always going to miss Taylor.

Think not only we looked far better when we went two up front, but Grant did as well.

We’ll just have to see how things go but I’m not someone who is going to say needless abuse, he’s done fantastic for us this season.

Even with going to a current Premier League team, this still falls at the door of Roland as if we had players tied down on contracts, we would have more control.
  • I'd imagine it's a very easy decision for him. Has only recently broken into the first team on a consistent basis. A move to a Premier League club will set him up financially for the next few years. If he stayed and injury or a drop in form would leave him with a much lower wage.
    Bowyer also did the same, so nothing has really changed in terms of history and player loyalty.
  • Let’s get this right boro might be a shithole Huddersfield is dive but if your giving me 4 times my current earnings I’ll see you there.

I was up in Huddersfield last year. The town centre has come interesting architecture but other than that it was awful, although the people were very friendly.
    The Vulcan and the boozers in the station are decent.
  • Be amazed if we adequately replace him. He goes, Eisa to Sunderland and Eaves to somewhere else - we're left with Reeco and Wilberforce - KR would say it is like two new signings and they are the next #insert PL striker's name#
  • J BLOCK said:

Fuck him

Not a fan mate?
  • Valley11 said:

I think it’s a mistake as I can see his career being a bob about job now. But I can’t blame him. A short career so any opportunity to earn more money and to play in the Premier, even fleetingly, is hard to resist.

I wonder if we can bring Karlan Ahearne Grant back, he showed promise.
  • Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

BREAKING - The South London Press understands that Karlan Grant will leave Charlton Athletic before the end of the transfer window.
    Honestly, he’s having a good season, but replaceable

Eisa please and it’s good business.
    We'll see... Eisa has done it at League Two; Grant is doing it at League One

Sunderland have struggled to find someone else to score other than Maja so finding a replacement goalscorer isnt easy
    Eisa needs to do two things to match Grant. Run at players and get in the box.

Grant has 14 goals. He should have a lot more.
    So why does Maja (Sunderland) only have one more than him or the top scorer have just two more in the League?

Piss off should he have a lot more (one maybe after today)
    Grant has missed a lot of easy chances this season. 14 goals is impressive, we will miss him. But he is replaceable.
    Roland doesn't do replacements.
  • Mike said:

Shouldn't have played today if it basically decided he is off

Probably wouldn't have played if Taylor was available.
  • we gave him his chance in footy, stuck by him in the summer and he is leaving at the very first opportunity. Fuck him.

Do you think he'd be as keen to leave if we weren't owned by a fruitcake?
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Fuck him

Yeh fuck him for wanting to play at the top level of English Football; how dare he show such ambition

This might be his only chance, i.e. he may go the rest of the season without scoring at Charlton or even get injured and that opportunity will be gone

If you want to blame someone blame the same old prick at the top!!... He's allowed Grant and Aribo to run their Contracts down so that now we've got no choice but to either accept a poultry sum now or nothing come the summer - Roland has shown time and time again that he'll only ever choose the short term option... Should have gotten Grant tied down to a new deal as soon as he came back from Crawley after that form he showed
    Thing is, if RD had given him 3 years on a pay rise and Taylor had not been as good as he is, Grant would have scored half the number of goals and people would be moaning he was rubbish and on a long contract.
    But that's not what happened.
  • I can't blame Grant for taking the opportunity for a big pay increase. I'll be surprised if he's an instant success. Let's hope we get in one or two strikers as good or better.
  • So come on does anyone have an idea who the two are?
  • Eisa and another.