Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Good on Hudson-Odoi, handed in a transfer request after 4 offers from Bayern Munich have been rejected by Chelsea.
    He isn’t going to get league minutes at Chelsea. Bayern is perfect for him.
    Chelsea apparently gave Bayern a figure after rejecting a couple of bids, Munich met their valuation which was also rejected.

This clearly isn’t about money for Hudson-Odoi. It’s about playing time.

Hopefully he's the one we're signing on a Perm ;)

On a serious note likewise am delighted he's taking no shite from Chelsea, hopefully they're slowly waking up at those Academies
  • Scoham said:

uie2 said:

Someone else should have taken today's penalty!!! Yea he scored last week at home but away from home a more experienced player would have scored ie Williams!

I’d have been impressed had Williams scored it given he had been subbed off.
    Nope. Williams was taken off after the penalty miss.
    Yep penalty awarded 77mins Fosu on for Williams 82 min.
  • Scoham said:

uie2 said:

Someone else should have taken today's penalty!!! Yea he scored last week at home but away from home a more experienced player would have scored ie Williams!

I’d have been impressed had Williams scored it given he had been subbed off.
    Nope. Williams was taken off after the penalty miss.
    Fair enough. Though with 4 goals in his career I doubt he’s a player who puts himself forward for taking pentlaties.
  • Good luck Karlan. Burgeoning talent.

"Grant deal done
    He played his last game for Charlton today according to a good source of mine.
    Deal was completed yesterday and the medical but Charlton wanted him to play today’s game as they had a little striker crisis. But all paperwork is done and expected to be sent in ASAP"

• I am suprised no-one has come in for Aribo. His contract is up in the summer...
  • Rudders22 said:

I am suprised no-one has come in for Aribo. His contract is up in the summer...

I look forward to saying he wasn’t that good anyway when he eventually leaves.
  • I think the move is too soon for Karlan. He is very much a confidence player and needs to start games and not come off the bench for 20 mins. I can see him going out on loan to league 1 next year. But is a good opportunity for him to make some $$. Not so good for his football career.
  • Rudders22 said:

I am suprised no-one has come in for Aribo. His contract is up in the summer...

His injury has saved us from that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Moo said:

I have a feeling the perm replacement will be Erhun Oztumer. Free transfer from Bolton for the rest of his contract. Not really a striker but can get goals.

As if we are not overrun with midfielders already.
    Good player mind you, but very much in the Williams mould.
  • edited January 2019
    Taylor just posted what could be a goodbye to Karlan on his Instagram story.
  • Taylor just posted what could be a goodbye to Karlan on his Instagram story.

What does he say?
  • edited January 2019
    />

Taylor just posted what could be a goodbye to Karlan on his Instagram story.

What does he say?
    Just a photo of them together on the pitch.
  • edited January 2019
    Christian Doidge from Forest Green. Can he play for a third club this season?
  • edited January 2019

Christian Doidge from Forest Green. Can he play for a third club this season?

Nope

Wonder if Oliver Norwood (Tranmere) would be a good option though
  • Sponsored links:

• If it was a done deal why is Bowyer still saying he is our player unless something changes

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c4caf70181a2/bowyer-on-january-transfer-window-striker-search-and-future-of-karlan-grant

If it was all done as has been stated above wouldnt he just say that
  • If it was a done deal why is Bowyer still saying he is our player unless something changes

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c4caf70181a2/bowyer-on-january-transfer-window-striker-search-and-future-of-karlan-grant

I remember Martin Simons saying on 'Talksport' that there was 'no way' we were selling Parker to Chelsea for £10m.

All PR shit.

Grant has gone. Same as Parker, Murphy, Reid, Stephens, Kermorgant ad infinitum.
  • After what happened last summer in Ibiza, how many people here actually wanted last summer to give him a longer deal?

Indeed, has that business actually been resolved yet?

He was not out there last summer.
  • Good on Hudson-Odoi, handed in a transfer request after 4 offers from Bayern Munich have been rejected by Chelsea.
    He isn’t going to get league minutes at Chelsea. Bayern is perfect for him.
    Chelsea apparently gave Bayern a figure after rejecting a couple of bids, Munich met their valuation which was also rejected.

This clearly isn’t about money for Hudson-Odoi. It’s about playing time.

Are we in with a shout?
    Being interviewed on Monday.
  • I’ll wait to see what happens but I can’t help remembering people defending the sale of Kermorgant off the back of Reza and Polish Pete coming in. We have signed a number of apparently useful strikers on loan in recent seasons who haven’t quite cut it, not to mention Ajose and Novak. I do think Bowyer and Gallen have more nous, but change is always a risk.

Good luck to Grant - he may need it.

I think people are just trying not to panic Rick. Young English strikers doing the business are always going to be in demand. Ones that are out of contract soon are even harder to keep.

• edited January 2019
    LenGlover said:

If it was a done deal why is Bowyer still saying he is our player unless something changes

I remember Martin Simons saying on 'Talksport' that there was 'no way' we were selling Parker to Chelsea for £10m.

All PR shit.

Grant has gone. Same as Parker, Murphy, Reid, Stephens, Kermorgant ad infinitum.
    In fairness to Martin Simons that was his view and, at the time, the board’s. They never set out to sell Parker in that window, but they couldn’t hold the line against his behaviour, and Curbs’ ultimate view on it. It wasn’t spin, although he’d have been wiser to have kept quiet.