Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• we gave him his chance in footy, stuck by him in the summer and he is leaving at the very first opportunity. Fuck him.

This this this
  • "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results" For a successful business man, he really is clueless!
    Did he not learn anything from the Kermorgant fiasco?
    If there was a desire to keep hold of Grant until the end of the season in order to maintain a genuine push for promotion, then a way would, and could be found.
    A bonus dependant upon promotion could be offered attached to an improved short term contract.
    Everyone seems so keen to put the player before the club these days. It would be nice, just for once, to consider the long term future of the club as the primary consideration.
    He's far from the finished product, but he's 50% of a strike partnership that has us very well positioned for a crack at automatic promotion.
    The chances of bringing in another striker that will hit the ground running, gain an instant understanding with Taylor, and start banging in the goals from day one, is extremely remote.
    The could blow our season apart and waste all the good work put in by Bowyer and the team.
  • I am fed up with the Twoshitchalets era as much as the next man/woman

However my view is if Karlan doesn’t have the integrity to see this season through as season where we have stuck behind his pre season issues that fortunately he has come through unscathed (we couldve turned ) we have supported him this season with nothing but praise and love for his hard work and goals , and it’s a club he has been with his whole career , on the verge of something special with bowyer , built a great partnership with taylor , could be in the same league as his suitors next season

Then thanks for the Effort thanks for the contribution to our season , I bid you fond farewell but see ya we are building inspite of Roland and we are building the Charlton way with players who want to be here and give everything for the cause

This. He is out of contract in a few months so can join whoever he wants then. Loyalty works 2 ways. Not many would begrudge him finding a new team in the summer, but now, when there is so much good going on for the club. He is only looking at ££££.

Expect to be booed like Defoe, Parker & Holmes Mr Grant when you come up against us in the future & wonder why players like Gomez & Lookman get a very warm round of applause.

• Blistering pace is a very valuable characteristic in a player. Bolt has more pace than Grant, but Grant can actually play a bit of football.
    Forget about listing any faults of this still very young player, in the context of right here right now in sporting terms losing Grant would be a big blow, even a fatal one to our 'ambitions'.
    (Roland and the fans don't share the same ambition).
  • "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results" For a successful business man, he really is clueless!
    If there was a desire to keep hold of Grant until the end of the season in order to maintain a genuine push for promotion, then a way would, and could be found.
    A bonus dependant upon promotion could be offered attached to an improved short term contract.
    Everyone seems so keen to put the player before the club these days. It would be nice, just for once, to consider the long term future of the club as the primary consideration.
    He's far from the finished product, but he's 50% of a strike partnership that has us very well positioned for a crack at automatic promotion.
    The chances of bringing in another striker that will hit the ground running, gain an instant understanding with Taylor, and start banging in the goals from day one, is extremely remote.
    The could blow our season apart and waste all the good work put in by Bowyer and the team.

Spot on.....unfathomable how some posters don’t see that scenario.

• the club stood by him re the Spain thing,Bowyer has brought the player out in him. If he wants to chase the big shilling and leave now then he can fuck off.

we wont get 2bob of any transfer money it will be trousered by The Rat but Bowyer will find someone from somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:

Charlton Athletic the club that’s too poor to buy players and too expensive to sell.

Without doubt the post of the month thus far.....short but sweet.

• edited January 2019

the club stood by him re the Spain thing,Bowyer has brought the player out in him. If he wants to chase the big shilling and leave now then he can fuck off.

we wont get 2bob of any transfer money it will be trousered by The Rat but Bowyer will find someone from somewhere.

Was there actually anything in the Spain thing though...

If he was innocent the whole time then there was no reason for the club to do anything
    If he wasnt innocent then why did the Spanish Authorities (1) let him come home (2) why havent we heard further proceedings into it
  • the club stood by him re the Spain thing,Bowyer has brought the player out in him. If he wants to chase the big shilling and leave now then he can fuck off.

Agree 100% BUT money talks unfortunately. Which I am not agreeing is right.
  • The "selling club" excuse lets RD off the hook far too easily.

A well run club knows how to hold out for every last million ( see Parker, although genuine fury from the directors also played a role)

A well run club would benchmark the transfer market effectively, so as to optimize the price. As emphatically did not happen with Gomez, or Lookman to a less shameful degree.

A well run club would look at the club's league table and seek to do a deal which involved a loan-back to the end of the season. See Palace and Zaha for a classic example of the benefits of such a deal.

A well run club does not advertise to the entire football world that it is a club in chaos, run by an ego maniac with no clue about the business, and without any counterweight in the form of competent senior management.

He has shafted us again just when against all the odds we were getting somewhere. Do not give him any comfort, do not try to nod sadly and with apparent wisdom and pretend that this is just the way the world works.

Exactly this

Yep with u on this...we are going know where with clueless twunt in charge...he if doesn't sell he will just leave us floating about aimlessly waiting for abit of luck that may never come...
  • Anyone who thinks Bow will get anything substantive from the proceeds of the Grant sale, (don't forget his "saved" wages are not all that much, since he didn't sign a new contract) has not being paying attention when I and people like @BiginBrasov and others who've been to Belgium have related what happened to Standard before he finally did the deal there.

This is about nothing more than trousering some wedge in the name of " look how I made money out of football when others could not". Nothing else matters to him. Anyone who thinks he gives a shit about the mess he has dumped Bow in, is deluding themselves in the face of all evidence.

Happy Sunday everyone

I am still waiting for an answer from @DOUCHER
    He won’t reveal his source, as his source would have asked him not to.
  • I'd like to think Lord Bowyer wouldn't be sanctioning this unless he and Gamekeeper Gallon had replacement(s) lined up and ready to sign.
  • Can't really blame him for wanting a pay rise and a crack at a higher division. In my opinion he is a good league one player because of his pace and directness, however I'm not sure he has the ability to make it at a much higher level. I would be far more concerned if taylor was to leave this January. Good luck Karlan, thanks for the memories but I have a feeling he will be playing league one football again sooner than he may think.
  • Sponsored links:

Agree 100% BUT money talks unfortunately. Which I am not agreeing is right.
  • Can't really blame him for wanting a pay rise and a crack at a higher division. In my opinion he is a good league one player because of his pace and directness, however I'm not sure he has the ability to make it at a much higher level. I would be far more concerned if taylor was to leave this January. Good luck Karlan, thanks for the memories but I have a feeling he will be playing league one football again sooner than he may think.

Agreed. Like Holmes-Dennis, now at Bristol Rovers.
  • cfgs said:

One thing is certain before his loan at Crawley Grant would probably have been released at the end of this season. Bowyer has built on his time at Crawley and turned him into a saleable asset. Whatever happens if Gallen and Bow are given even the slimmest chance then I think we are fine.

Surely Harry Kewell deserves the credit then.
  • cfgs said:

One thing is certain before his loan at Crawley Grant would probably have been released at the end of this season. Bowyer has built on his time at Crawley and turned him into a saleable asset. Whatever happens if Gallen and Bow are given even the slimmest chance then I think we are fine.

Surely Harry Kewell deserves the credit then.
    Part of it, but Bow and his staff have worked on that and continued his improvement.
  • edited January 2019
    I was surprised we were linked with oztumer last week but when you consider that Aribo is unlikely to sign a new contract. Bielik and Cullen are not our players & Reeves, Clarke, JFC, Fosu, Marshall & Williams are all out of contract in the summer, getting Oztumer on an 18 month contract could be a wise move.

Probably worth offering him a contract if Bolton do not want a fee and just need him off their wage bill.
  • Can see Oztumer ending up at Sunderland rather than us. Reports suggest they are interested and would be able to offer more than us I suspect. I know he’s a local lad but hasn’t he mostly played his football oop north ?
  • Can see Oztumer ending up at Sunderland rather than us. Reports suggest they are interested and would be able to offer more than us I suspect. I know he’s a local lad but hasn’t he mostly played his football oop north ?

Don't know how true but apparently we offered Lyle more than Sunderland and Sunderland don't have the money people think they have. So if that was true then it wouldn't be that surprising if we offered Oztumer a better contract
  • edited January 2019
    Valley11 said:

Redhenry said:

Grants last game, see ya!

@Redhenry any mileage in the Eisa and/or Eaves rumours?
    Eisa has been mentioned, but I'd be surprised with Eaves, think we can do better. He's been hyped up a bit on here.
  • edited January 2019
    Redhenry said:

Valley11 said:

Redhenry said:

Grants last game, see ya!

@Redhenry any mileage in the Eisa and/or Eaves rumours?
    Wish has been mentioned, but I'd be surprised with Eaves, think we can do better. He's been hyped up a bit on here.
    Eaves goalscoring record until the last 18 months was poor (other than a couple of loans in 2013), he could very easily be another Ajose.