Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Croydon said:

Parker left us mid season, and it derailed the rest of our season.

Will Grant be subject to the same abuse when we meet Hudds next season?

If we're playing Hudds next season, by definition it wouldn't have derailed our season.
    Now you're bringing facts into it.
  • If we can bring in someone like Eaves or Aneke on a permanent and then Eisa on loan that would be good business and our squad will still be stronger then before this window.

The fear is that Bowyer is only allowed 1 striker on loan and we have to go with RHF as 3rd/4th choice.
  • Scoham said:

seth plum said:

Karlan on £2-3k a week sounds a bit fanciful to me, and as an 'only' even more so.

How much would you expect him to be on?

He signed an extension in September 2016 to a deal he first signed in 2014 after turning 17. Maybe he gets an increase every year, or after so many appearances so is on more now, but he’s surely a long way off our top earners.

I doubt he’s on the sort of money players like Sarr and Bauer are, we signed them for fees to be first team Championship players.

Whatever he’s on now we can be sure Huddersfield will give him a big increase.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2014/sep/26/karlan-ahearne-grant-signs-three-year-deal-with-charlton-athletic-270914

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/74707/karlan-ahearne-grant-new-contract/p1
    Not more I'm afraid, but less.
  • I predict we get one in on loan and that’s your lot. The rat won’t spend a penny of his own money. He wouldn’t give us the steam of his own piss let alone buy a player and anyone who thinks any different is having a bubble.

Very sadly I have to agree with you.
  • seth plum said:

Scoham said:

seth plum said:

Karlan on £2-3k a week sounds a bit fanciful to me, and as an 'only' even more so.

How much would you expect him to be on?

He signed an extension in September 2016 to a deal he first signed in 2014 after turning 17. Maybe he gets an increase every year, or after so many appearances so is on more now, but he’s surely a long way off our top earners.

I doubt he’s on the sort of money players like Sarr and Bauer are, we signed them for fees to be first team Championship players.

Whatever he’s on now we can be sure Huddersfield will give him a big increase.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2014/sep/26/karlan-ahearne-grant-signs-three-year-deal-with-charlton-athletic-270914

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/74707/karlan-ahearne-grant-new-contract/p1
    Not more I'm afraid, but less.
    That wouldn’t surprise me at all.
  • Are we collecting midfielders?

Wonderful player who creates and scores, something we lack on a regular basis (yes, that's you Reeves and Fosu), while Aribo is out.

But a lot of money to splash out especially when we need a couple of strikers.

WIOTOS
  • edited January 2019
    I for 1 hope its not true, if Bowyer is being given £1m to spend then spend it on Eaves a striker not a CAM
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair I wonder if Oztumer could play as a Striker

He was Walsall's top scorer for the two seasons that he was with them
  • To be fair I wonder if Oztumer could play as a Striker

I’d prefer an out and out striker but maybe the thinking is let Lyle be the dominant bully that he is and have Oztumer running alongside.
  • edited January 2019

To be fair I wonder if Oztumer could play as a Striker

But he wasn't playing as striker.

• Wonder if the choice between the two clubs is accurate but the fee is wrong...
    Bolton got him for nothing and need players off their books. £300k more like it
  • Valley11 said:

Wonder if the choice between the two clubs is accurate but the fee is wrong...
    Bolton got him for nothing and need players off their books. £300k more like it

I think they would probably let him go for nothing because of their financial problems.
  • Oztumer can play wide, central and as a secondary striker. He would offer us something we currently don’t have and that’s a player that can create, cross and score his fair share. Means the end for Marshall and Clarke I would think but before then we need to get his signature.
  • Seen Oztuner okay a couple of tines recently and he looks like a proper handful. Be happy to have him if we can get him.

Of KG is off I hope we get in a perm and a loan striker, if not, I think we will struggle to keep pace and go past the promotion rivals.
  • Could it be that they are aware Aribo will be on his way at the end of the season or sooner. He's got the same agent as Maja. Is it coincidence that he is not figuring at the moment.
  • Could it be that they are aware Aribo will be on his way at the end of the season or sooner. He's got the same agent as Maja. Is it coincidence that he is not figuring at the moment.

He's still injured
  • Sponsored links:

He's still injured
    Allegedly 😉

He's still injured
    Is that a smokescreen? LOL
  • Um. No the truth is that Aribo and Grant are both managed by a lizard alien from the outer planet Zaaaaarghh and will disappear in a puff of smoke as soon as midnight arrives.

Fortunately the arch lizard Prince Phillip will resuscitate them as premiership quality footballers and drive them in his fakish taxi back to the valley for the start of the 2023 season afternoon their full reincarnation,

Love an entertaining conspiracy theory.
  • I am generally on the side of saying anyone would take the pay rise and it’s a chance of prem football. Very hard for the guy to say no to.

However I am disappointed that he says himself his future is elsewhere to actively try and get a club to make a bid - after we stood by him this summer. That’s the bit that leaves a sour taste for me.

I think your mixing up Grant and Scott Parker.
  • Karlan prob on 2k a week and I expect him to get 20k a week at Huddersfield

I honestly think we will be ok with what we get but I’d prefer Karlan to stay

I believe he’s around £5-6k a week and will be on 4 times that.

I think you’ll find barely anyone in the premier league is on less than £20k
  • The new manager thinks grant will keep them up not a fucking hope in hell
  • You guys do realise the first team coach at Huddersfield is the Andy Hughes who left us in May 2014. You will be aware Ahearne-Grant was top scorer for Charlton Athletic U18s during the 2012–13 and 2013–14 seasons while still a schoolboy.

He won’t score 3 goles for them this year if he does I’ll take it back😂