Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• You guys do realise the first team coach at Huddersfield is the Andy Hughes who left us in May 2014. You will be aware Ahearne-Grant was top scorer for Charlton Athletic U18s during the 2012–13 and 2013–14 seasons while still a schoolboy.

It looks like Mr Hughes will be out of a job in the not so distant future.
  • You guys do realise the first team coach at Huddersfield is the Andy Hughes who left us in May 2014. You will be aware Ahearne-Grant was top scorer for Charlton Athletic U18s during the 2012–13 and 2013–14 seasons while still a schoolboy.

It looks like Mr Hughes will be out of a job in the not so distant future.
    Good because he can join his old mate Jacko at Sparrows Lane.
    And then we can resign Grant!
  • Bristol city have recalled Antoine Semenyo from Newport County. Not sure what this means for Mo Eisa as their fans believe he’s been recalled to be sold.
  • Bristol city have recalled Antoine Semenyo from Newport County. Not sure what this means for Mo Eisa as their fans believe he’s been recalled to be sold.

weird one, I believe he has only scored a couple of goals but is set to move to one of the big boys for 2 mil.
  • Not sure why Huddersfield are buying Karlan. If I was them I'd be concentrating on getting in someone proven in the Championship who if they go down could fire them back up again. Someone like Neil Maupay or Che Adams, as there's a big gap between L1 and the Championship (as shown by Will Grigg and indeed BWP when he was with us)
  • It's all in the stars...we are resigning Polish Pete & now where is that Andy Delort thread gone...job done...😲
  • Sponsored links:

• Oztumer can play wide, central and as a secondary striker. He would offer us something we currently don’t have and that’s a player that can create, cross and score his fair share. Means the end for Marshall and Clarke I would think but before then we need to get his signature.

Agree. Think he would add something different. We have seemed a little flat in the last few games going forward. I think LB is losing patience with Fosu. To be honest so am I. He has been very disappointing this season.
  • I

2mil is a good price if we get a loan in and 500-750k striker the rat can have his mil and we won’t be worse off

The fee will possibly be heavily loaded towards Huddersfield staying up.

I guess we'll not know how much we pay for any players coming in.
    I doubt it, they are going down
  • Sage said:

Following on from my post yesterday, I believe I have worked out that Grant’s goals has won us an additional 18 more points than we would have if he hadn’t scored.

That’s absolutely huge. We’d be in 15th.

Now don’t tell me we wouldn’t miss him or he’s easily replaceable. Load of crap.

Losing Grant is a tough one to take, we have got to hope anyone that comes in does well and the rest of the team also picks up some responsibility on scoring.

Good luck to Karlan, he’s done incredibly well this season and had an unbelievable 2018.

I wish he were to stay and finish the job, getting us promoted, and I really believed he would’ve done and stayed until the summer. Unfortunately, when a club is waving ridiculous sums of money around offering him a weekly salary more than he would get in a month here, there’s a chance he would go, and seems that is to be the case.

And if he wasn't playing then someone else would have been (who could have scored the same or even more)......so your point is rather superfluous.
    Ah, typical response from you.

weird one, I believe he has only scored a couple of goals but is set to move to one of the big boys for 2 mil.
    Isn’t Semenyo the kid that tore Leicester apart in the FA Cup? Only 18 I believe.
  • Grant won't be on Premiership money, he will be on decent Championship wages or have a relegation clause built into his contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Not a Charlton rumour sadly but dont think there is a thread for other clubs

Yet Leicester are in talks to sign Youri Tielemans from Monaco - Be a class move if they can get him as he's surely got to be one of the most promising young Midfielders in the World at the moment; surely someone like Arsenal should be looking at him as he gave them hell when he played for Anderlecht at the Emirates at times

Isn’t Semenyo the kid that tore Leicester apart in the FA Cup? Only 18 I believe.
    Played in Newport's draw at 1-1 at Boro on Saturday, his final game for them

I, for one, did not.Doesn't make me feel any better about, nor suggest to me that the move was somehow inevitable. Indeed, since I agree with NLA and others that Huddersfield are building for next season in the Championship, it ought to have been relatively straightforward for the two clubs to agree a loan-back for the rest of the season or a binding commitment to sell/buy. Why, in the first case at least, the agent would still get to charge his precious commission fee at this time :-)

I, for one, did not.Doesn't make me feel any better about, nor suggest to me that the move was somehow inevitable. Indeed, since I agree with NLA and others that Huddersfield are building for next season in the Championship, it ought to have been relatively straightforward for the two clubs to agree a loan-back for the rest of the season or a binding commitment to sell/buy. Why, in the first case at least, the agent would still get to charge his precious commission fee at this time :-)

Perhaps Bowyer wasn’t bothered about a loan back which would have reduced the fee and perhaps reduced a budget he had been given to get in players he wanted.

They may not want to loan him back, if they are building for next year they may wish to have him around the place for 6 months getting used to them and the training, they can also work on bits they think he needs to work on so that come August he has bedded in and can hit the ground running.
    Well that's of course possible, but on the other hand you could argue that their squad would be so different after relegation anyway that the most important thing is to have him there at the beginning of pre-season, as Sir Chris did so successfully in building his title winning squad. I am sure he used the time within the previous season to identify his targets, but of course none of them could come in before the season ended.

• Surely it'd have been announced by now were he (Grant) actually going.

• Dazzler21 said:

Surely it'd have been announced by now were he (Grant) actually going.

Still got to sort out his image rights :-)
  • edited January 2019
    Really ?? I mean it couldn't possibly be strung out do to the 11th hour giving Bowyer no chance to bring anyone in and RD trousers all the dosh ? Then get PitchPRs puppet to spine out a lie that we missed out on a big signing ----- a good lie is always worth using again and again
  • bet there's a relegation clause in this deal.... :smiley: