Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Pretty sure Bowyer rates Eaves. He spoke about him scoring all types of goals and always causing us problems earlier in the season...very similar to how he spoke about Lyle when he was at Wimbledon.

Personally think he would be a great signing if we can get him for anything south of £400k (but that requires Roland wanting to gamble with a third of the KAG fee in order to get us in the champ and be able to get another £5m for the club).
  • bromdog said:

It's the same as Maja for Sunderland, and they aren't as hard up as us. It's expected and a decent fee, need to be realistic.

Sunderland haven't got money. We outbid them for Taylor
  • For all those slating Grant's loyalty remember the club could just have said "we're not selling you this window, you're too important".

After all, Grant is under contract.
  • Redhenry said:

bromdog said:

It's the same as Maja for Sunderland, and they aren't as hard up as us. It's expected and a decent fee, need to be realistic.

They have now, haven't they just sold Maja for £3.5m ?

• Oggy Red said:

Redhenry said:

bromdog said:

They have now, haven't they just sold Maja for £3.5m ?

Supposedly any up front fee went back to Bordeaux to pay back debt they owed for defaulting on payments for one of their expensive flops.
  • Redhenry said:

bromdog said:

Is that really true? Not doubting it but I had read several times he was offered more to play for Sunderland? So pleased we have Taylor but it has baffled me all season why he would come to us rather than Sunderland if money was more up there? Location for hin I thought was the reason.
  • Redhenry said:

bromdog said:

Is that really true? Not doubting it but I had read several times he was offered more to play for Sunderland? So pleased we have Taylor but it has baffled me all season why he would come to us rather than Sunderland if money was more up there? Location for hin I thought was the reason.
    I heard him telling a group of Sunderland fans, after the first match of the season, that it was because his lawyer spotted something odd in the contract. Not the location or the fee.
  • Redhenry said:

bromdog said:

Wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• There is no point moaning on about RD selling the gold and replacing with stainless steel

We Know that’s what he does the cunt has us for sale and until then it’s the way it is

What exactly is anyone going to do about it Fuck all that’s all

This is about karlan and his loyalty and if honest the confidence in his own ability Fire us up and out the league and take your pick or stay and play championship with us
  • And me saying we stuck with him after the pre season issues

I mean the fans any club see everything through the glasses of money and I would expect every club to have acted the same

If Karlan doesn’t want to leave he won’t if he does he will it’s all down to Karlan
  • If Karlan does go to Huddersfield and not make the grade ..... he'll find his way back to a League One club on loan.

Still playing Third Division football, but being paid Premier League wages.

• Redhenry said:

Valley11 said:

Redhenry said:

Grants last game, see ya!

@Redhenry any mileage in the Eisa and/or Eaves rumours?
    Eisa has been mentioned, but I'd be surprised with Eaves, think we can do better. He's been hyped up a bit on here.
    I don't think he's a hype job, he has tekkers for a big bloke, 17 goals last season, 14 already so far this season.

Imagine you are a centre back and you look who you are up against and it's Eaves and Taylor. You would know you are in for a rough afternoon. I think they would be deadly together. Makes us a bigger threat from set pieces, gives us another option to hold the ball up along with Taylor and we might finally have a player who can get his head on the end of some of our crosses. Big yes from me.

Realistically it will be no one though and Reeco will be expected to start
  • edited January 2019
    Prefer another pacy forward than a lump like Eaves. Possibly need an Eaves type to come off bench if things not working but not as starter. Prefer say Coullibay who has been out for a year, and warming Partick's bench but is real quality.
  • JamesSeed said:

Anyone who thinks Bow will get anything substantive from the proceeds of the Grant sale, (don't forget his "saved" wages are not all that much, since he didn't sign a new contract) has not being paying attention when I and people like @BiginBrasov and others who've been to Belgium have related what happened to Standard before he finally did the deal there.

This is about nothing more than trousering some wedge in the name of " look how I made money out of football when others could not". Nothing else matters to him. Anyone who thinks he gives a shit about the mess he has dumped Bow in, is deluding themselves in the face of all evidence.

Happy Sunday everyone

I am still waiting for an answer from @DOUCHER
    He won’t reveal his source, as his source would have asked him not to.
    Doucher gets his info second hand from "Uncle Dickie".
  • Prefer another pacy forward than a lump like Eaves. Possibly need an Eaves type to come off bench if things not working but not as starter. Prefer say Coullibay who has been out for a year, and warming Patrick's bench but is real quality.

Does he have a nice bench
  • Can see Oztumer ending up at Sunderland rather than us. Reports suggest they are interested and would be able to offer more than us I suspect. I know he’s a local lad but hasn’t he mostly played his football oop north ?

No. Peterborough and Walsall.
  • Doucher, I agree Bowyer will get all the money to reinvest. Roland pockets 2m, an ‘undisclosed fee’ then says to Bows ‘Sorry, I only got 200k but you can spend it all!’ If that’s what you mean!
  • Sponsored links:

• And me saying we stuck with him after the pre season issues

I mean the fans any club see everything through the glasses of money and I would expect every club to have acted the same

If Karlan doesn’t want to leave he won’t if he does he will it’s all down to Karlan

Ok, understand that you were talking about us the fans, not the club.

But come on, you cannot pretend that agents are not driving this shit, not just Karlan but the whole mad transfer whirl.

Imagine if football were a proper business and stopped agents from leeching millions out of the game for essentially doing nothing more than driving the constant churn of players? How? Not that difficult, in principle.

"Agents" in their current form should be abolished. They should be replaced by two different types of advisers.

1. Agents, who are paid only by clubs, to identify and approach players on behalf of the club that pays their fees.

2. Separately "player care consultants" who are paid by players to look after the "soft' aspects of their lives, and who never, ever, get involved in the transfer business, and who are not allowed to be in any business link with an agent. Or his/her brother, son, mistress, toyboy, whatever.

In that scenario Karlan would have been approached by an agent he has probably never met before and whom he knows will just set out the case for moving, on behalf of Huddersfield, or whoever it is. In other words like an executive search consultant. What I do, in fact. I reckon the number of players saying "yes" to a move would be cut in half. And agents would have to be a lot more professional, and receive a lot less money, even if it will still be ten times what top professional headhunters earn. Everyone wins, except the sleazebags that have become millionaires in the process of destabilising the game.

• edited January 2019
    Bubble said:
    Love how he is referred to as the ex Cambridge striker, he played 3 games for them 3 years ago.
  • 2mil is a good price if we get a loan in and 500-750k striker the rat can have his mil and we won’t be worse off
  • Oggy Red said:

If Karlan does go to Huddersfield and not make the grade ..... he'll find his way back to a League One club on loan.

Still playing Third Division football, but being paid Premier League wages.

It's a hard life being a footballer, moving around from club to club every 12 months.
  • 2mil is a good price if we get a loan in and 500-750k striker the rat can have his mil and we won’t be worse off

The fee will possibly be heavily loaded towards Huddersfield staying up.

I guess we'll not know how much we pay for any players coming in.