Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Can't believe Huddersfield are offering him 20k a week, that's crazy for a side who will be in the championship next season. He'd have probably accepted 12-15k, he must've wet himself when he heard the offer was 20k.

Sancho was on less than that at Dortmund (until he signed a new deal before christmas). Phil Foden's new contract at City isn't much more (around 30k a week).

Yeah, but £20k pw ..... that's people speculating.

It doesn't make it true. People are making guesses at how much Grant earns at Charlton,
    and because someone posted that they reckoned the Huddersfield move would give him 4 or 5 times what he earns now.

That might even mean he'd get 'only' £10k or £12k pw ....... quite a bit short of the £20k pw being bandied around by some people.

Still a damned good wage though.
  • On the subject of loans. I remember Carlton Morris being good for shrews last season and correct me if im wrong but he hasn't been getting much playtime for Norwich this season?
  • LTKapal said:

On the subject of loans. I remember Carlton Morris being good for shrews last season and correct me if im wrong but he hasn't been getting much playtime for Norwich this season?

He’s been injured since the play off final. Just back from the injury.
  • Nobody seems to be coming in from Eaves, despite him being out of contract next season. Would a cheeky bid of circa £300k get him possibly?

With Gillingham just a point above the relegation zone I wonder if Penfold would rather keep him and avoid relegation rather than getting cash for him and so potentially end up worse off and in League Two next year...

Eaves was outstanding at the valley last season when the Gills won and was sorely missed this season when they lost.
    Sculley has 3 reasons why he wouldn't sell to CAFC. He still has a chip on his shoulder concerning the coaches in Kent in the premier seasons. He is a Millwall fan plus if they want to stay in League 1 they need to keep him.
    Money talks but can't see CAFC paying the 2K that they may get on Grant for Eaves.
    Eaves at just 27 would be a good fit for Charlton.
  • LTKapal said:

On the subject of loans. I remember Carlton Morris being good for shrews last season and correct me if im wrong but he hasn't been getting much playtime for Norwich this season?

Completely forgot about that injury, good player last year though.
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

Sage said:

Following on from my post yesterday, I believe I have worked out that Grant’s goals has won us an additional 18 more points than we would have if he hadn’t scored.

That’s absolutely huge. We’d be in 15th.

Now don’t tell me we wouldn’t miss him or he’s easily replaceable. Load of crap.

Losing Grant is a tough one to take, we have got to hope anyone that comes in does well and the rest of the team also picks up some responsibility on scoring.

Good luck to Karlan, he’s done incredibly well this season and had an unbelievable 2018.

I wish he were to stay and finish the job, getting us promoted, and I really believed he would’ve done and stayed until the summer. Unfortunately, when a club is waving ridiculous sums of money around offering him a weekly salary more than he would get in a month here, there’s a chance he would go, and seems that is to be the case.

And if he wasn't playing then someone else would have been (who could have scored the same or even more)......so your point is rather superfluous.
    Ah, typical response from you.
    He has a bit of a point. You can't take Grant's goals away and say we would be 15th without him, it doesn't work like that.

But of course would Ajose have scored half as many, probably not. I do agree he is a loss given his form, but IF we get some of it reinvested we can still come out of this window with a strong squad.
    Fact is though, I haven't taken away his goals. I have looked at the points that Grant's goals have won us, turning a draw into a win because Grant scored, turning a loss into a draw etc.

So in theory, yes without those key goals that Grant has scored this season, it also means that we would not have gained the extra points.

Those extra points accumulate to 18, meaning in theory we would be 15th.

You also cannot say that someone else would've scored those goals because it didn't happen, there's nothing to say that someone else would have been in the positions that Grant was in or even to score the goals that he has.

What you can do is assess the impact that those goals that Grant has scored has had, and he has directly won us an additional 18 points because of them.
    sorry, but you are being obtuse. If Grant hadn't have played then someone else woyld have (unless you are proposing we'd had played with 10 men). That someone (might have been Ajose, Vetokele, Recco or maybe another striker we had brought in to replace Grant) may have been in the same position to score those goals, may be not. Unless you want to get into a Delorean then we'll never know. But he did score those goals AND we are still in 4th.

Maybe this is going to come across as rude so I apologise in advance but, I think you’ll find you’re the one being obtuse as you are completely missing the point that it seems as though many others on here understand and agree with what I am saying.

Yes we would’ve had someone else playing but that doesn’t mean they would’ve scored the crucial goals that Grant has this season, accumulating to the 18 additional points that we have.

You’re failing to understand that as a fact, because that is what it is, Grant has scored 11 goals that has directly influenced our results in a positive way. What I am saying is that doesn’t mean another player would’ve scored those goals. I am not saying that it means we would have been playing with ten men.

You’re coming across very ignorant to the fact that he has been influential to our results and that’s exactly what my point is. As said, you can’t assess something that has not happened, you can only assess the situation in hand and all I’ve done is just that.
  • LTKapal said:

...and now out for the season.
  • They may also have scored more. :smile:
  • Addickted said:

They may also have scored more. :smile:

In which case the player who would have scored more but has been unfairly kept out of the side by Grant can start.

Who is he?
  • Sky reporting Karlans medical is today and it's 1.5m with add ons.
  • Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:

Novak? Surely your tongue was firmly in your cheek when you wrote this! Would rather have Ajose back...and that's saying something.

My tongue was so firmly in my cheek I looked like a hamster.
    The problem with being a Charlton fan is we have been known to scout at the last chance saloon and the wing of a hospital.
    Roger Johnson was in the last chance saloon when we signed him after playing in the Indian League. He finished off his crate of Cobra before effing giving it a go.
    His effing dulet tones were last effing heard in Hayes Lane Bromley.
    That was 3 years ago. Under Gallen we've brought in the likes of Taylor, Bielik, Cullen and Williams
  • Karlan Ahearne-Grant is undergoing a medical at Huddersfield today ahead of a permanent switch from Charlton, Sky Sports News understands.

The two clubs are understood to have agreed a fee of £1.5m plus add-ons for the 21-year-old.
  • Karlan Ahearne-Grant is undergoing a medical at Huddersfield today ahead of a permanent switch from Charlton, Sky Sports News understands.

The two clubs are understood to have agreed a fee of £1.5m plus add-ons for the 21-year-old.

I hope the add ons aren't if Hudds stay up and when Grant plays for England first team :smile:
  • 1.5 million is a snip .. but invested wisely for our team building it could go a long way .. seems now sure Grant is off .. he'll be missed but nowadays we are not a 1 or even 2 man team .. come on youse Addicks !!

Was that read by Jim White.
  • edited January 2019

1.5 million is a snip .. but invested wisely for our team building it could go a long way .. seems now sure Grant is off .. he'll be missed but nowadays we are not a 1 or even 2 man team .. come on youse Addicks !!

Its actually a very decent fee for a player thats going to be out of contract, its just a shame bowyer will likely see none of it!
  • Add ons.
    Too right add ons.
  • edited January 2019
    Hudds stay up.
    England cap
    5% on sale over £1.5 million
    50 appearances

Can’t see us getting much in add ons
  • Sponsored links:

• Hudds stay up.
    England cap
    50 appearances

Penalties scored ? :smile:
  • edited January 2019
    seth plum said:

Add ons.
    Too right add ons.

500k if Hudds avoid relegation :lol:
  • Addickted said:

They may also have scored more. :smile:

In which case the player who would have scored more but has been unfairly kept out of the side by Grant can start.

Who is he?
    Reeco of course.
  • 1.5 million is a snip .. but invested wisely for our team building it could go a long way .. seems now sure Grant is off .. he'll be missed but nowadays we are not a 1 or even 2 man team .. come on youse Addicks !!

Its actually a very decent fee for a player thats going to be out of contract, its just a shame bowyer will likely see none of it!
    We'd still be due comepensation due to his age, like we did with Poyet. Didn't we get something like £2m for him? That might have been including add ons.
  • Hudds stay up.
    England cap
    50 appearances

Could also include promotion back to the prem.
  • Im shocked!!!!
  • I'm sure our CEO has negotiated good add ons , oh hang on a minute

What do Sky know! My guess is that the official announced will be 'Undisclosed'