Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

I was told one out and a loan replacement in, sounds like Cawley has been fed some duff info

Cawley saying that a perm is in doubt now too.
    Whoever it is on loan will need to be smart enough and quick enough to feed off Taylor.
    Grant puts himself in the right places to score and to miss.
    It’s what good strikers do.
    1:2 ratio is decent at any level. If he goes we are definitely gonna miss him.
    Let’s hope Bowyer can work some magic on him and miraculously convince him to stay.
    Better the devil ya know
  • Redrobo said:

Charlie's Austin Metro up for grabs,

• Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

I still think this is a really weird signing for Huddersfield. Grant is the only winner here.

Financially yes.
    Football wise no
    Fair points. The fact he’s gone shows which one of those he cares about.
    Don’t kid yourself, it’s all any of them care about.

• Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

I still think this is a really weird signing for Huddersfield. Grant is the only winner here.

Financially yes.
    Football wise no
    Fair points. The fact he’s gone shows which one of those he cares about.
    In a career that last’s 25 years at the very most and could end any minute you would take x4 the amount of your weekly wage if you could
  • Doubt BWP would come back - earning big bucks as a big fish in a small soccer pond.
  • Bowyer said after Williams and the GK that he wouldn’t be signing a striker until near the end of the window.
    I don’t know why people are saying we’ve only had 3/4 days to think about the signing.
    The rumours have been running for 2 weeks on Grant and we knew we were already after one more.
    Gallen and Bowyer aren’t daft. They’ll have been making contingency plans.
  • Lots of waffle on here but anyone got any rumours on who the new striker will be?

Ask Doucher.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wright Phillips back is a possibility

who old is he now?
  • Wright Phillips back is a possibility

who old is he now?
    He's 34 in March.
  • The new striker will be a forward, with two legs, aged between 12 and 40 who identifies as a man.
  • edited January 2019
    The problem is we only have one loan left. That sounds like one striker incoming to me.
  • _MrDick said:

What’s the betting that we sell Grant and get nobody

Nobody has scored more League goals than Grant this season.

Could be just the player we're looking for.

• The new striker will be a forward, with two legs, aged between 12 and 40 who identifies as a man.

This is Roland we're talking about!!
  • edited January 2019

The new striker will be a forward, with two legs, aged between 12 and 40 who identifies as a man.

The new striker will be a forward, with two legs, aged between 12 and 40 who identifies as a man.

This is Roland we're talking about!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Was we not told by bowyer and robinson at Bromley meeting ajose had no future at the club and yet he went on to start a few games.
  • Hudds stay up.
    England cap
    5% on sale over £1.5 million
    50 appearances

Can’t see us getting much in add ons

Penalties scored ? :smile:
    Huddersfield don't get in their opponents penalty area !
  • DOUCHER said:

Not caught up in thread but can confirm grant is going - it’s done - 2 new signings being worked on - should know more tomorrow pm

Hang on, you said a couple of weeks back there wouldn't be any major departures this window. As usual you seemed very confident.
    so did the club when they turned the bid down i guess - nothing certain in football although once a deal is done its done and that is fact not speculation
  • Roger Johnson can play up front maybe
  • Lots of waffle on here but anyone got any rumours on who the new striker will be?

Ask Doucher.
    said i didn't know the other day and still don't
  • edited January 2019
    It's short termism, but I would rather we get someone with higher quality on loan than less reliable quality permanently. We need to get out of this division, so yes we will have an even more depleted squad in the summer and will have to rebuild, but I'd rather increase the chances of rebuilding from the Championship than having one less spot to fill in League One.

Also, I don't really know what type of forward we would be able to actually buy at this stage of the window anyway. Prices will be massively inflated because the other team most likely won't have time to replace him--and that's assuming a player is even for sale. So you might end up spending all of the Karlan money just to get a decent League One level striker in, which to me is bad business. Better we loan someone from the Championship who is of high end League One/Championship quality.

Lastly, for all of his faults, I don't think Roland can be blamed too much for selling a player for a seven figure sum when we're in League One. Ditto, to *some* extent, if we don't buy a new striker. But moreso to the first point, the mistake was made in the summer not tying Karlan down to a new deal. Same went through the fall. If he'd signed a new deal, he might still leave, but we would have a much better bargaining position.

Ask Doucher.
    He wont name names tho and when we sign someone he can say I told you someone was coming in.
    see my comment above smart arse
  • I imagine Dillon is more likely to sign a deal now than he would have been 3 weeks ago!