Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

I was told one out and a loan replacement in, sounds like Cawley has been fed some duff info

This sounds very RD like and I can believe this
  • _MrDick said:

What’s the betting that we sell Grant and get no body

How good is no body I've never heard of him
    Has a good goal scoring record so far this year but you have to wonder how much he relies on his strike partner Pu Edam to create the chances for him.
  • Again, from 'Down at the Mac' 15 minutes ago.

"Deal done. Don't know why embargo on announcement".

• Don't rate Grant
    Quick and big but not prolific in front of goal

Well he's not particular big and he's been prolific so far this season.
    Are you talking to yourself in the mirroir Stu?.......... scrap that, your namesake hasn't got an underscore :blush:
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

I was told one out and a loan replacement in, sounds like Cawley has been fed some duff info

Well, Cawley generally gets his info from Bowyer so draw your own conclusions if he’s wrong.
  • And agents
  • Redhenry said:

DOUCHER said:

Redhenry said:

Nobody seems to be coming in from Eaves, despite him being out of contract next season. Would a cheeky bid of circa £300k get him possibly?

I wonder why. What is it with Tom Eaves, how many times have you all watched him?
    What do u mean rh? Don’t U rate him or is he already earmarked?
    I don't rate him, every other post I've read on here says we should sign him.
    Scored a few nice goals last season but has been less than impressive lately. Don’t think him and Taylor would work well together in the same side.

I’d be interested in signing him but only to sit on the bench.
  • Apologies, but some of us are entitled to think that Grant is not all that great a loss providing he is replaced decently. People might disagree, but it is a valid viewpoint.

I would agree that Grant is replaceable. But...
    a) what is the budget
    b) who can we get with 3/4 days of the window open
    c) can the replacement form the same partnership with Taylor

The one thing that gives me a small amount of optimism is that Gallen seems very clued up. It's highly likely he's been monitoring possible targets, from loans and freebies to those involving a fee, and what type of attacker they are. The quality of our recent signings suggests he knows what he's doing, which is a novelty for us in recent years.
    I do agree - we do need to replace him and if we don't that is a massive problem. My point is that in theory, I think we could replace him with better, unlike Taylor, but that is dependent on Bowyer getting a tiny bit of backing from the owner which is the big if. I am not jumping up and down because he is going, but will be if he is not properly replaced.

• Laddick01 said:

I still think this is a really weird signing for Huddersfield. Grant is the only winner here.

Financially yes.
    Football wise no
  • Laddick01 said:

I still think this is a really weird signing for Huddersfield. Grant is the only winner here.

Financially yes.
    Football wise no
    Fair points. The fact he’s gone shows which one of those he cares about.
  • Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

Financially yes.
    Football wise no
    Fair points. The fact he’s gone shows which one of those he cares about.
    Exactly
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:

Even if/when Huddersfield are relegated, it's a massive leap to assume Karlan will be good enough to be a top 6 Championship striker, which is where Huddersfield would expect to be
  • Redhenry said:

But Grant will be two out. Doucher’s info maybe more up to date?
  • Redrobo said:

Redhenry said:

But Grant will be two out. Doucher’s info maybe more up to date?
    Unlikely
  • Lots of waffle on here but anyone got any rumours on who the new striker will be?
  • Lots of waffle on here but anyone got any rumours on who the new striker will be?

Bowyer said he’s interested in Mo Eisa
  • edited January 2019

Redhenry said:

Well, Cawley generally gets his info from Bowyer so draw your own conclusions if he’s wrong.
    Ouch. So Bowyer was told he could have two in and RD has changed his mind now the cheque’s cleared for Grant?
  • I think we'll have to wait and see what happens, I imagine Bowyer wouldn't tell Cawley the whole truth anyway!
  • No one knows sweet fa let’s just wait and see.
  • Charlie Austin up for grabs,
  • Wright Phillips back is a possibility