Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland Til I Die - Netflix

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Charlie Methven is David Brent - talks in cliches. An utter tosser.
    Agreed. Only watched first episode of series 2 so far, but can’t stand him. That first meeting he has with the team and he’s just shouting at top of his voice that they’ll never make it in business. 

I’ve had people like that as managers before, and it really doesn’t work morale-wise. The kind of person that quickly moves on when the ship is sinking and loudly states none of it was his fault. 
  • Options
    Watched episode 1 then straight to episode 6.

Their first game was against Charlton Athletic, by the time they got to Wembley, they obviously couldn't be arsed as they were only playing Charlton.
  • Options
    Seen first three episodes. You can see the look on his staff's faces that they have sussed Metvhen out. 
  • Options
    I have been muting every video and skipping every post I've seen of the new series until I can watch it tonight. Ugh hurry up 2pm!
  • Options
    Watched the first episode then the last,  I did feel sorry for the guy consoling his son at the end only because if the result was the other way that would have been me having to console my boy.
  • Options
    Agreed. Only watched first episode of series 2 so far, but can’t stand him. That first meeting he has with the team and he’s just shouting at top of his voice that they’ll never make it in business. 

I’ve had people like that as managers before, and it really doesn’t work morale-wise. The kind of person that quickly moves on when the ship is sinking and loudly states none of it was his fault. 
    Yeah I had someone in charge of me like that in my last job. A manager manages their staff. A leader takes the staff with them. Methven is a manager and his staff will never feel motivated by his management style to follow him.
  • Options
    Just finished watching series 2. Charlie Methven is David Brent. Embarrassing. Gotta feel for those Sunderland fans though. So many times at Wembley without a win. 
  • Options
    very watchable, great fanbase, a little surprised to see how much they rated McGeady though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Editing was terrible again, the owner Donald walking around his office allegedly talking about about and doing deals in the January window and it’s clearly summertime outside with greenery everywhere on the trees 
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    I really enjoyed that last episode until that poor lady cried and then I felt like a bastard. 

Still, wouldn't change that day for all the money in the world. 
    I felt for them, and really do hope that if & when we restart they get promotion, but it’s nothing more than the disappointment that the majority of football fans around the world have felt before, and will feel again, including us, swings & roundabouts 
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    very watchable, great fanbase, a little surprised to see how much they rated McGeady though.
    He was their best player last season, I think its this year that they feel his performances have badly dropped
  • Options
    Watched the second season just now. I can safely say that despite massively looking forward to it, despite the anticipation of how season 2 was going to end and all that - I don't exactly feel good about it.

I've already lived through the high. I would not trade that day at Wembley and the experience I had for anything. But seeing it through the lens of Sunderland fans, knowing what would happen, and with the respect I have for Mackems as a fan base, was really quite difficult.

I'm glad it wasn't a happy ending for the series, of course, but I don't think I could watch it again and feel any better about the 2018-19 season.

Ha'way the lads.
  • Options
    20 minutes into the first episode of season 2. The whole set up there looks very, very amateurish. 
  • Options
    Blimey, Maja’s agent. I won’t use the words on CL that I’d like to. Maja does come across with a large ego, but who knows what the agent was whispering in that young lads ear. 
  • Options
    Their new owners are such w***ers! Favourite phrase 'piss take party'.
    Just started it.
    As soon as the scene with the flip chart started I thought of this:
    http://lookatmyfuckingredtrousers.blogspot.com/

I had to pause it to post this and saw @hoof_it_up_to_benty’s posts. Totally agree.
    Methven comes across as a supremely arrogant arsehole. Utterly convinced of his own importance. Seems to think he’s some sort of visionary, when he’s just some posh twat spouting vague, cliché ridden soundbites interspersed with dollops of bollocks.
    He reminds me of any character you’ve ever seen in a movie or tv series who is an over-promoted high powered banker/lawyer type, underestimates the working man protagonist and gets his comeuppance by the end.

Maybe that’s unfair, I’ve only watched 5 minutes, so maybe he turns out alright.
    I really doubt it though!
    Nope you’re spot on mate. He actually gets worse with each episode. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Their new owners are such w***ers! Favourite phrase 'piss take party'.
    Just started it.
    As soon as the scene with the flip chart started I thought of this:
    http://lookatmyfuckingredtrousers.blogspot.com/

I had to pause it to post this and saw @hoof_it_up_to_benty’s posts. Totally agree.
    Methven comes across as a supremely arrogant arsehole. Utterly convinced of his own importance. Seems to think he’s some sort of visionary, when he’s just some posh twat spouting vague, cliché ridden soundbites interspersed with dollops of bollocks.
    He reminds me of any character you’ve ever seen in a movie or tv series who is an over-promoted high powered banker/lawyer type, underestimates the working man protagonist and gets his comeuppance by the end.

Maybe that’s unfair, I’ve only watched 5 minutes, so maybe he turns out alright.
    I really doubt it though!
    Nope you’re spot on mate. He actually gets worse with each episode. 
    Jesus. What does he end up doing? This?

• Options
    Just watched the first episode.

Methven what a dick. That guy would definitely ditch Red Red Robin if at our club. The look on his face when Sunderland got the 2nd goal against us was as though his decision to change the music was the reason they won the game.

He did have the right theory about making the most of home advantage but what an absolute David Brent.
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance but can I watch the first series anywhere other than on Netflix?
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Son and I watched it from start to finish through the day (with a dog walk half way). 
    We enjoyed it, felt for Sunderland fans, but enjoyed it. 

My two favourite Methvenisms were 

'Season Cards' 
    &
    'Of all the teams I have supported these are the worst' (or similar) 

Quite liked the chairman, seemed a decent enough bloke. 

All the special community/its your club/we are only here as long as you want us bollocks was uncomfortable to watch though. Whenever I hear that sort of thing now my hackles go up.

his other half had really bad trout pout lips, very hard to look ar on a big screen tv 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Big Matt Southall vibes coming from Methven 
    Where does football find such wankers