Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland Til I Die - Netflix

Comments

• Options
    Their new owners are such w***ers! Favourite phrase 'piss take party'.
  • Options
    straight to last episode - saw my flag

sunderland didnt think they deserved to lose that way - they created nothing and we scored there goal for them. 
  • Options
    straight to last episode - saw my flag

sunderland didnt think they deserved to lose that way - they created nothing and we scored there goal for them. 
    To be fair, no-one deserves to lose like that. It was one of the greatest moments in sport of my life, but I can't imagine what it must be like to be on the other end of it, having traveled all that way down to be in attendance. I'm fuming when we concede a last minute equaliser against Huddersfield on a Tuesday night and I'm sat on my sofa, I probably still wouldn't have recovered if we'd been on the receiving end of this
    Mentioned this before, we met a Sunderland fan outside (he was borderline paralytic) afterwards who told us it was the 13th (think that was the number) game at Wembley that he’d watched Sunderland in and they’d lost them all. Imagine how that must feel!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I get that the reason this got made is because the producers are Sunderland fans so it was easy to pitch to Netflix, but I think whats happened at Charlton over the last couple of years, (and probably since 2007!) would make for a far more entertaining docu. Not just for Charlton fans but football fans in general. 

Sundland got double relegated and got sold a couple of times, thats not that unusual these days?
    But they didn’t know the double relegation and  multiple sales was going to happen when they pitched the idea to Netflix.  

Producers probably thought series 1 was going to be a feelgood programme about being promoted to the premier league. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I get that the reason this got made is because the producers are Sunderland fans so it was easy to pitch to Netflix, but I think whats happened at Charlton over the last couple of years, (and probably since 2007!) would make for a far more entertaining docu. Not just for Charlton fans but football fans in general. 

Sundland got double relegated and got sold a couple of times, thats not that unusual these days?
    I suppose if you look at the situation when season one was commissioned then I imagine it was sold to Netflix as a completely different proposition

Sunderland would have been a typical Premier League club and bet they thought they'd be filming a Premier League season, instead they turned into a Championship side with Netflix still thinking: "Great its going to be a season challenging for promotion", instead it probably worked out better for them that Sunderland got into trouble because it allowed them to show a Football club at the complete opposite end of the spectrum to the Man City / Amazon documentary

Of course last season they must have thought that Sunderland would be sure to be in a promotion fight (which they were) and almost got their fairytale ending only for it to end in disaster again

Bet that was a factor behind there being no season three for this year as they've not been filming yet it appears its not something that has been completely cancelled as the producers hope to have a successful ending

As I said to my Dad last night on the phone, this is the trouble with these Documentaries, they can have all the hopes in the world but Football is without doubt no script!! - In a way you have to look at Charlton in a normal season, yes we've had our troubles which are obvious to see but each summer its not obvious that they'll happen (we certainly didnt see this mess happening back in August), take that away and we're pretty much the same as Sunderland e.g. a bang average team each with our own troubles... Sunderland just got lucky with the timing of their issues.

The Fleetwood documentary would be interesting to watch (if it gets released) as their season was pretty uneventful, but then again, everyone would watch simply because of the Joey Barton incident @ Barnsley
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

I suppose if you look at the situation when season one was commissioned then I imagine it was sold to Netflix as a completely different proposition

Sunderland would have been a typical Premier League club and bet they thought they'd be filming a Premier League season, instead they turned into a Championship side with Netflix still thinking: "Great its going to be a season challenging for promotion", instead it probably worked out better for them that Sunderland got into trouble because it allowed them to show a Football club at the complete opposite end of the spectrum to the Man City / Amazon documentary

Of course last season they must have thought that Sunderland would be sure to be in a promotion fight (which they were) and almost got their fairytale ending only for it to end in disaster again

Bet that was a factor behind there being no season three for this year as they've not been filming yet it appears its not something that has been completely cancelled as the producers hope to have a successful ending

As I said to my Dad last night on the phone, this is the trouble with these Documentaries, they can have all the hopes in the world but Football is without doubt no script!! - In a way you have to look at Charlton in a normal season, yes we've had our troubles which are obvious to see but each summer its not obvious that they'll happen (we certainly didnt see this mess happening back in August), take that away and we're pretty much the same as Sunderland e.g. a bang average team each with our own troubles... Sunderland just got lucky with the timing of their issues.

The Fleetwood documentary would be interesting to watch (if it gets released) as their season was pretty uneventful, but then again, everyone would watch simply because of the Joey Barton incident @ Barnsley
    What happened?
  • Options
    TEL said:
    CAFCTrev said:

What happened?
    Barton apparently assaulted the Barnsley Manager in the tunnel after the game
  • Options
    Just watched Series 1 Episode 1. Couldn't believe how fired up the fans were for a pre-season friendly and as a consequence how badly they took the defeat. Those fans can be as much a hindrance as a help.
  • Options
    About to start from episode 5 - then to 6.

Quite excited.

Will be a nice cheer up (I hope)
  • Options
    Just watched Series 1 Episode 1. Couldn't believe how fired up the fans were for a pre-season friendly and as a consequence how badly they took the defeat. Those fans can be as much a hindrance as a help.
    Is that the episode where Darron Gibson gets filmed slagging off teammates for not caring enough when he’s completely off his face in some pub? 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Charlie Methven is David Brent - talks in cliches. An utter tosser.
    Couldn’t agree more. Felt he must be acting up for a bet or something. It’s like he’s trying to be Brent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've only watched the first episode so far... Quite funny how they made a huge thing about the seats, then you see their game with us and can clearly make out pink faded seats again.  Bad editing.

Found myself weirdly pleased when we scored in the first episode (even though we lost) so what I'll be like for the end....
  • Options
    Charlie Methven is an absolute c-unit.
  • Options
    Watched it all. Not a patch on the first series.
  • Options
    Maja’a agent doesn’t come across very well in this. Doesn’t he have the same agent as Aribo?
  • Options
    I was really looking forward to this series as an antidote to recent Charlton failure only to witness another Charlton failure in episode 1. 

Poor editing in my view. 
    I thought the first series wasn't great in terms of editing either but the content is what makes it great. I've only seen the first episode of series 2 so far but it still seems very insightful.