Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2019

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Sage said:
    Heading off to Lanzarote on Monday for a week all inclusive.

After the year I’ve had with working on my MSc, ensuring my health is okay, and fitting everything else in around it too, really need this week away now to just relax and forget about any stress for just 7 days.

Cannot wait to be honest.

Went to Playa Blanca...Dec 17....had a really good week...though we went room only.  Off to Puerto Del Carman in October to meet up with Mrs H cousin and her husband (their Irish), more Irish there then Brit's....enjoy your holiday Sage.
  • Options

Is that Leysdown on Isle of Sheppy?
  • Options
    No deff not
    The sea off sheppey is more of a shade of brown
  • Options
    Sage said:

After the year I’ve had with working on my MSc, ensuring my health is okay, and fitting everything else in around it too, really need this week away now to just relax and forget about any stress for just 7 days.

Went to Playa Blanca...Dec 17....had a really good week...though we went room only.  Off to Puerto Del Carman in October to meet up with Mrs H cousin and her husband (their Irish), more Irish there then Brit's....enjoy your holiday Sage.
    Thanks, I aim to.

Seems as though you can travel to different places fairly easily and also catch a boat over to Fuerteventura for a day.

Have a great time in October! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Lixouri Kefalonia for us in September, seems a bit out in the middle of nowhere.

Any tips would be great.
    If you venture into Argostoli the best restaurant we found was Casa Grec. Beautiful setting and the food a level above everything else we had tried 
  • Options
    Kerry and Canet de Mar in Spain.
    Old favourites that always deliver.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Kerry and Canet de Mar in Spain.
    Old favourites that always deliver.
    Are they resort names or a couple of old birds?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Thanks, I aim to.

Seems as though you can travel to different places fairly easily and also catch a boat over to Fuerteventura for a day.

Ferry goes to Fuerteventura from Playa Blanca.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Thanks, I aim to.

Ferry goes to Fuerteventura from Playa Blanca.
    Excellent, we are flying out today and from where we will be to Playa Blanca is only about 20 minutes away. The hotel we’re staying in has an excursion for the trip to Fuerteventura so should be easy enough.

Thanks.
  • Options
    In Rhodes at moment never known weather like it in July
    To days of solid cloud and today it has chucked it down
    So much for me turning into a bronzed Adonis 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    In Rhodes at moment never known weather like it in July
    To days of solid cloud and today it has chucked it down
    So much for me turning into a bronzed Adonis 

A Pastie Buddha will have to do.
  • Options
    just back from a stag in benidorm - what a place as in shithole. 

with us being out there for the 12th a lot of jocks and northern irish in town we were in the rangers bar and saw the parade go past - not my usual thing but @The Organiser would be proud. 

of an evening every pub on the trip had some sort of "magic" show on that consisted of either women putting things and pulling things out for couples having sex on hoverboards. 

a very strange place don't think ill be venturing back 
  • Options

with us being out there for the 12th a lot of jocks and northern irish in town we were in the rangers bar and saw the parade go past - not my usual thing but @The Organiser would be proud. 

of an evening every pub on the trip had some sort of "magic" show on that consisted of either women putting things and pulling things out for couples having sex on hoverboards. 

That's a new one on me.

Maybe I'm missing out.
  • Options
    If anyone has any tips on good last minute holidays let me know!

Cheap (or as cheap as they can be in kids holidays!) places, decent websites to use etc
  • Options
    Oh and don't say Benidorm.
  • Options

Thought the old town was nice and that bay south-west of the old town was OK but the other part as you say not to good though we did like Jimmy's Red Lion bar.
  • Options

Never seen so many blokes in football shirts then when i went Benidorm. Was like walking down Wembley Way.

Average body weight of the human there must be 18st.
  • Options

Never seen so many blokes in football shirts then when i went Benidorm. Was like walking down Wembley Way.

you know when abroad you get the fellas outside trying to entice you in with drink deals etc, got some northern wrench saturday morning 

" ere lads get in here, 2 pints of john smiths and 2 steak pies lovely family made for 10 euro "
  • Options
    Benidorm is certainly an experience, went there on a stag about 15 years ago
  • Options

you know when abroad you get the fellas outside trying to entice you in with drink deals etc, got some northern wrench saturday morning 

" ere lads get in here, 2 pints of john smiths and 2 steak pies lovely family made for 10 euro "

All the way to Spain for John f*****g Smiths!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's a new one on me.

Maybe I'm missing out.

New one on me as well - I didn't realise hoverboards had been invented.
  • Options
    'Star Whores - Empire Strikes BareBack.'
  • Options
    what actually got annoying was along the strip where we were staying is every one of these "fun pubs" had the same shows, was also a rodeo bull in each pub,  a load of northerners obsessed with the punch machines and some scousers knocking out balloons and tackle. 

got a mates stag next year who i am arranging but i think i will cross benidorm off the list. 
  • Options
    Standard fat man in a vest and man bag watching.
    Needed somewhere to keep my nick nacks.
  • Options

So a no to Benidorm? My mate wanted to get away in September when it will be less busy and was thinking Benidorm. I was thinking more Tenerife but it can be overpriced, generally somewhere to relax and drink with a bit of night life but not a must. Any recommendations anyone? Reasonable price ideally
  • Options

So a no to Benidorm? My mate wanted to get away in September when it will be less busy and was thinking Benidorm. I was thinking more Tenerife but it can be overpriced, generally somewhere to relax and drink with a bit of night life but not a must. Any recommendations anyone? Reasonable price ideally
    Sunny beach (Bulgaria) not as wild as Benidorm but quite lively and very cheap as well.
  • Options

Sunny beach (Bulgaria) not as wild as Benidorm but quite lively and very cheap as well.

Isn't that a bit of a young crowd? We were going to go a few years ago but ended up in Kavos which again was very young.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!