Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2019

Comments

• Options
    Not really, i'd imagine if you go to the clubs it might be, but we went last year (family holiday) and going again in August and found it was all ages, seems to have everything you need weather it's lively nights or quite nights.
  • Options
    just back from a stag in benidorm - what a place as in shithole. 

with us being out there for the 12th a lot of jocks and northern irish in town we were in the rangers bar and saw the parade go past - not my usual thing but @The Organiser would be proud. 

of an evening every pub on the trip had some sort of "magic" show on that consisted of either women putting things and pulling things out for couples having sex on hoverboards. 

a very strange place don't think ill be venturing back 

So a no to Benidorm? My mate wanted to get away in September when it will be less busy and was thinking Benidorm. I was thinking more Tenerife but it can be overpriced, generally somewhere to relax and drink with a bit of night life but not a must. Any recommendations anyone? Reasonable price ideally
    its fine for a piss up but each bar is either full of overweight chaps usually packed in to some sort of football club wear or a club playing trance with a load of notherners bouncing around asking you to have a whack on the punch machine. 

some of the bars over there are open until 9am 
  • Options

with us being out there for the 12th a lot of jocks and northern irish in town we were in the rangers bar and saw the parade go past - not my usual thing but @The Organiser would be proud. 

of an evening every pub on the trip had some sort of "magic" show on that consisted of either women putting things and pulling things out for couples having sex on hoverboards. 

So a no to Benidorm? My mate wanted to get away in September when it will be less busy and was thinking Benidorm. I was thinking more Tenerife but it can be overpriced, generally somewhere to relax and drink with a bit of night life but not a must. Any recommendations anyone? Reasonable price ideally
    I've been to Benidorm a few times in recent years,if you go in mid September & avoid weekends, it's a good place for a cheap holiday with very good weather,for a quieter stay there, pick a hotel/ apartment nearer the old town or Poniente Beach.
  • Options
    @johnnybev1987 Albufeira is the best place for what you're describing.
  • Options
    @johnnybev1987 Albufeira is the best place for what you're describing.

Actually been there when I was 20, I know people who live like 30 mins in a cab, was decent back then met Jakki Degg and was proper grafting for a while, my phone broke that day so I say if not for that I would have got her digits and lived happily ever after :)

I might have a look mate thanks, last time we wasn't staying there but went in to the town once.

• Options
    Anyone planning on going to Lanzarote at all in future, you’ve got to go to Timifaya National Park to see the incredible volcanoes. Went there yesterday (Friday evening) and it was amazing to be honest.

We’re back home on Monday night, and looks like we’re bringing the weather back with us, so you’re all welcome!

• Options
    what actually got annoying was along the strip where we were staying is every one of these "fun pubs" had the same shows, was also a rodeo bull in each pub,  a load of northerners obsessed with the punch machines and some scousers knocking out balloons and tackle. 

got a mates stag next year who i am arranging but i think i will cross benidorm off the list. 
    Go to Krakow.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Anyone planning on going to Lanzarote at all in future, you’ve got to go to Timifaya National Park to see the incredible volcanoes. Went there yesterday (Friday evening) and it was amazing to be honest.

We’re back home on Monday night, and looks like we’re bringing the weather back with us, so you’re all welcome!

Been before aunt has a holiday hole in puerto Calero so have a week out there every November, nice weather and makes a change from cold UK 
  • Options
    Off to Cromer in Norfolk for 9 days next weekend with the family and fingers crossed the weather is looking like it's gonna be kind to us !
  • Options
    Off to Cromer in Norfolk for 9 days next weekend with the family and fingers crossed the weather is looking like it's gonna be kind to us !
    Love Norfolk - very beautiful part of the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off with the family to Solta, a Croatian island not far from Split. Looking forward to peace and rest. Heard only good things about Croatia.
  • Options
    Off with the family to Solta, a Croatian island not far from Split. Looking forward to peace and rest. Heard only good things about Croatia.

Just returned from a week in Croatia at a place called Opatija, right on the sea.

Best holiday for years, already booked up for 2020, and only 1hour 40 mins from Gatwick.

Their draught beer is ice cold bloody nectar B)

• Options
    @johnnybev1987 Albufeira? If only you knew someone who lived there and might be able to help...   
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Go to Correllejo Fuertevantura, northerners and jocks tend to steer clear and it is a haven for groups of girls as the word seems to have got around that it's a fairly british dickhead abroad free type of place. If you and your mate don't have a good time there I'll let you immac my arse and nutbag
  • Options
    It's also got some of the best beaches in the world, don't take my word for it ask @Leroy Ambrose he knows the place at least as well as me probably a lot better 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Carter said:

Go to Correllejo Fuertevantura, northerners and jocks tend to steer clear and it is a haven for groups of girls as the word seems to have got around that it's a fairly british dickhead abroad free type of place. If you and your mate don't have a good time there I'll let you immac my arse and nutbag
     It's fantastic in Corrallejo. Just don't spend too much time in Bubbles. (Cheapest drinks on the strip - so we found).

There's also 7 pints, where if you drink 7 pints in one day you get a free t-shirt.

We managed to earn ours during an England vs Slovakia game. No idea what the score was, who the players were or what time we left 7 pints.

I woke up the next day with footage of a Chinese meal that none of us (group of 6) recollect, no money in my wallet, photos in a gay bar with a stunning girl and a hot holiday rep asleep in my bed whilst I was in the bath tub in a 7-pints challenge completion t-shirt. 

It was about 11 years ago and I honestly couldn't recommend it enough 6 nights were simple drink, eat have a laugh but that night showed us that place is a sleeping giant if you choose to hit it hard.

The beaches are fantastic too long sandy beaches, was a bit cold in the ocean when we went, but was still beautiful. The nudist beach was a pervs 20 year old's dream stunners everywhere (about a 15 minute cycle up the road).

• Options
    Yeah - agree with @Carter

It doesn't suffer from the usual prickery you get in Magaluf, Benidorm, Malia etc - and whilst most of the older ex-pats are the same as everywhere else (miserable arseholes drinking themselves to death in the sun) on the whole its a lovely place, with the younger crowd there for a good time rather than replicating Blackpool in the sun

Beautiful beaches - even the main ones in Corralejo itself are nice, but further out towards the dunes is beautiful, and if you go round the North of the island and down the coast to the Western side, it is absolutely stunning - and usually completely deserted. 

It's quite a barren island (lots of red, yellow and orange) so there isn't a great deal of majestic scenery (although the barrenness itself is pretty dramatic, it gets boring after a while) - but Betancuria (up in the mountains) is a lovely village (though the drive up requires some bollocks if you're scared of heights as the road is pretty hairy, especially in high winds)

My favourite place there is El Cotillo - about ten miles West of Corralejo. It's a beautiful old fishing town, with an old harbour, lots of ski and surf shops, the best cafe on the island (El Goloso) and sod all else - it's mint :smiley:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Carter said:

It's fantastic in Corrallejo. Just don't spend too much time in Bubbles. (Cheapest drinks on the strip - so we found).

There's also 7 pints, where if you drink 7 pints in one day you get a free t-shirt.

We managed to earn ours during an England vs Slovakia game. No idea what the score was, who the players were or what time we left 7 pints.

I woke up the next day with footage of a Chinese meal that none of us (group of 6) recollect, no money in my wallet, photos in a gay bar with a stunning girl and a hot holiday rep asleep in my bed whilst I was in the bath tub in a 7-pints challenge completion t-shirt. 

It was about 11 years ago and I honestly couldn't recommend it enough 6 nights were simple drink, eat have a laugh but that night showed us that place is a sleeping giant if you choose to hit it hard.

The beaches are fantastic too long sandy beaches, was a bit cold in the ocean when we went, but was still beautiful. The nudist beach was a pervs 20 year old's dream stunners everywhere (about a 15 minute cycle up the road).

It might have been a while back but it was great fun.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Carter said:

7 Pints in a day? I would be papering my walls with t-shirts after a week.

I know you wouldn't dream of it anyway, but never go to a rockabilly weekender with me or my mates, Daz… :D
    7 pints in 105 minutes is no mean feat though.

We could have done it in a day but wanted to see how quickly it could be done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Carter said:

7 Pints in a day? I would be papering my walls with t-shirts after a week.

I know you wouldn't dream of it anyway, but never go to a rockabilly weekender with me or my mates, Daz… :D
    7 pints in 105 minutes is no mean feat though.

We could have done it in a day but wanted to see how quickly it could be done.
    Yes - that is pretty good going Daz. I'll give you that mate. :D
  • Options

It doesn't suffer from the usual prickery you get in Magaluf, Benidorm, Malia etc - and whilst most of the older ex-pats are the same as everywhere else (miserable arseholes drinking themselves to death in the sun) on the whole its a lovely place, with the younger crowd there for a good time rather than replicating Blackpool in the sun

Beautiful beaches - even the main ones in Corralejo itself are nice, but further out towards the dunes is beautiful, and if you go round the North of the island and down the coast to the Western side, it is absolutely stunning - and usually completely deserted. 

It's quite a barren island (lots of red, yellow and orange) so there isn't a great deal of majestic scenery (although the barrenness itself is pretty dramatic, it gets boring after a while) - but Betancuria (up in the mountains) is a lovely village (though the drive up requires some bollocks if you're scared of heights as the road is pretty hairy, especially in high winds)

My favourite place there is El Cotillo - about ten miles West of Corralejo. It's a beautiful old fishing town, with an old harbour, lots of ski and surf shops, the best cafe on the island (El Goloso) and sod all else - it's mint :smiley:

El Cotillo is fantastic, it's the first time I remember completely forgetting about anything else on my mind anywhere else in the world. First time there was 2004 and I spent the day there, the cabby who took us stayed in the village all day too and told us to tap him on the shoulder when we wanted to go back. I can't agree more it's a beautiful place and for me set the bar as to a place I could sit and do very little in other than enjoy myself

• Options
    Couldn’t remember anything.....apart from his stopwatch reading :-) 
    LOL 90 plus 15 for half time ;)
  • Options

Are the ski shops busy on Fuerteventura Leroy?
  • Options
    one more day at work.  Some on Swisdom you've got this.

Just one more day to get through and then it's a fortnight of sun, swim-up bars and all-inclusive decadence.

And around 100 emails a day

But let's concentrate on Tequila and fun stuff
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    the old faithful back at valley towel is out today here in sweltering pefkos
  • Options
    Where you staying @floydroadfaithfull

we stayed in Blue Dream Villas last year (entrance opposite Irish Pub) at start of ‘the strip’ 
  • Options
    Were in palm bay 5mins down the road just past the little bit of Greek kebab house
    Must admit opposite the Irish bar is a good choice 👍
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!