Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    After watching Spurs missing their 1v1 chances yesterday, perhaps we should not be so hard on Grant, and do not say it was a world class goalkeeper, they are premier league players
  • Options
    From Ketts on Dr Kish:

The noise levels were cranked up a notch at Portsmouth last season, and have continued at a high level ever since.

At Fratton Park that day, the noise generated from the away end was deafening from before kick-off, right through until the final whistle. It did not even stop at half-time.

The heartbeat of the noise is the drummer, this guy does a fantastic job.if anyone knows who he is - and he is willing to do it - could you ask him to get in touch please. I would love to do an interview with him.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

From Ketts on Dr Kish:

The noise levels were cranked up a notch at Portsmouth last season, and have continued at a high level ever since.

At Fratton Park that day, the noise generated from the away end was deafening from before kick-off, right through until the final whistle. It did not even stop at half-time.

The heartbeat of the noise is the drummer, this guy does a fantastic job.if anyone knows who he is - and he is willing to do it - could you ask him to get in touch please. I would love to do an interview with him.

I took a photo of him last season at MKD. I’ve seen a photo this season where it looks like a different fella. Is there just one drummer?

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Mini interviews with Lee Bowyer and Ben Purrington in today's 'Sun' .. Phillips and Solly make the 'Sun' L1team of the weekend.
  • Options

Mini interviews with Lee Bowyer and Ben Purrington in today's 'Sun' .. Phillips and Solly make the 'Sun' L1team of the weekend.

Watched a different game to me then. Both did ok but Solly in particular was bang average and find it hard to believe there wasn’t a right back who didn’t play better then him.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

After watching Spurs missing their 1v1 chances yesterday, perhaps we should not be so hard on Grant, and do not say it was a world class goalkeeper, they are premier league players

I don’t think we should be hard on him. He’s turning into a very good player. Him and Taylor have a great partnership too, which is as important if not more then having two good individual players.

But he still needs to improve his composure. He is going to get a chance in an important game which could prove a lot more costly then the ones on Saturday which ended up being completely irrelevant.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Can’t believe I didn’t see you Fanny! X

You couldn't miss fanny yesterday,
    Bright red coat on.
    The wife reckons fanny doesn't look a day over 55.
    I was looking for the red coat, it’s her signature, but I didn’t see her :neutral:
    Your wife it 100% correct!

• Options

ross1 said:

I don’t think we should be hard on him. He’s turning into a very good player. Him and Taylor have a great partnership too, which is as important if not more then having two good individual players.

But he still needs to improve his composure. He is going to get a chance in an important game which could prove a lot more costly then the ones on Saturday which ended up being completely irrelevant.
    Mendonca was composure personified but he missed one-on-ones against Fulham away, ‘Boro away in the Cup, and with Hunt a two-on-one v Forest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ross1 said:

Mendonca was composure personified but he missed one-on-ones against Fulham away, ‘Boro away in the Cup, and with Hunt a two-on-one v Forest.
    Did he lose you money betting or something? That’s an impressive memory!
    All strikers miss one-on-ones, from Sunday League to the Premier League, don’t they?

But I think Karlan should probably have netted one of his three (the third one).

• Options
    Kevin Nolan's match report.
    On a chilly afternoon in Shropshire, during which results elsewhere obliged them, Charlton produced a clinically effective display which not only outclassed Shrewsbury, their nemesis last season, but served notice that they’re in the 2019 promotion race for the long haul.

If Karlan Grant, brilliant apart from his finishing, had converted even one of three glaring one-on-one chances in the second half, the scoreline would have been even more emphatic.

Not that it mattered greatly because this comprehensive victory provided perfect payback for the pair of 1-0 play-off defeats inflicted on them by the Shrews last May.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/league-one-promotion-chase-will-turn-into-a-sprint-soon-and-charlton-athletic-are-quicker-than-most/
  • Options

ross1 said:

When did Mendonca play Boro away in the cup?
  • Options

clb74 said:

Bright red coat on.
    I was looking for the red coat, it’s her signature, but I didn’t see her :neutral:

clb74 said:

Bright red coat on.

Feck !

That's another bunch of flowers .....

:smile:
  • Options
    I have no idea what is going on here. I thought fanny was in her late 40s at most.
  • Options

I have no idea what is going on here. I thought fanny was in her late 40s at most.

He's just after your chocolate fingers at half time Fanny, don't fall for it :wink:
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

ross1 said:

Indeed. It was Darren Bent.
  • Options

Blimey !

Specsavers will be extra busy soon.....

• Options

Blimey !

You love it really.
    See you Saturday x
  • Options

Blimey !

You love it really.
    See you Saturday x
    Indeed !

MIGHT be bringing 3 grandkids to this one....inc 3 year old Duracell Bunny, Jacob, for his 1st match.....

Could be fun.....as long as you're not sitting near us !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JohnnyH2 said:

ross1 said:

Indeed. It was Darren Bent.
    Ok not so impressive then...
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

All strikers miss one-on-ones, from Sunday League to the Premier League, don’t they?

But I think Karlan should probably have netted one of his three (the third one).

They do yes and I haven’t criticised him. I watched the game and commented that he should have scored. Nothing more nothing less. If we can’t comment on the matches then the player marks and post match views should probably be scrapped.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

They do yes and I haven’t criticised him. I watched the game and commented that he should have scored. Nothing more nothing less. If we can’t comment on the matches then the player marks and post match views should probably be scrapped.
    Not criticising you, or even replying specifically to you, just having my say on the debate as someone who missed plenty of one-on-ones in my time in Sunday League football.
    Obviously with my genes I should have played at a higher level (my dad played for the army) but I was born with the legs of Peter Crouch, without the talent.

No one wants to scrap anything.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Not criticising you, or even replying specifically to you, just having my say on the debate as someone who missed plenty of one-on-ones in my time in Sunday League football.
    Obviously with my genes I should have played at a higher level (my dad played for the army) but I was born with the legs of Peter Crouch, without the talent.

Fair enough, apologies if I took it the wrong way. Grant doesn't deserve criticism, but nobody is in the wrong for merely stating he missed some good chances at the weekend and/or that he should have scored more. That's just making observations which can be done without criticising.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Fair enough, apologies if I took it the wrong way. Grant doesn't deserve criticism, but nobody is in the wrong for merely stating he missed some good chances at the weekend and/or that he should have scored more. That's just making observations which can be done without criticising.
    As he gains more experience he’ll improve in those 1 on 1 situations I’m sure. Unlike me.
  • Options
    Shrewsbury have just come from 2 goals behind to beat Stoke away in the FA cup, credit to how good we are or are Stoke just really that poor now?
  • Options
    i see Shrewsbury beat Stoke away 3-2 tonight
  • Options
    Anyone know the FA Cup scores?
  • Options

Anyone know the FA Cup scores?

Stoke cruising 2-0 up...