Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Dickson is still in??? the Pitch must be very flat then!!

Win this game and I’ll be confident we are safe for another Season in div 1 !  
    Something to do with the Warwick bowling attack I suspect too - Jeetan Patel has 872 First Class Wickets and the rest have just 77 between them!
  • 186-2 Denly caught at 1st slip,  poor shot
  • Essex have Notts 163-7 at present. 
  • Century for Dickson,  and a minute later the Red Arrows go over! 
  • 240-2

Dickson reaches the 100 mark
  • Dickson 100 n o. 
    240-2
  • 338-2

Dickson 146*
    DBD 68*

A very good day - you can only bat at what is bowled to you
  • Is it safe for me to comment now, please ? 
  • Is it safe for me to comment now, please ? 
    Of course Fanny
  • Ta.

England match on Sky, Kent match via live stream.....all day.

I love the sunshine but today is all about the cricket. 

Good, solid performance by the Spitfire boys , especially young Sean but great to see valuable runs from Zak and DBD too.

I'll refrain from commenting on the England game until it's over but it's looking good ....

Famous last words.
  • Sponsored links:

• Supakent are gonna stay up aren’t they? 
  • CHG said:
    Supakent are gonna stay up aren’t they? 
    Notts look rubbish, unless they massively turn things around they look doomed...
  • Decent day tomorrow, shall probably make an appearance. 
  • Planning to pop down to Canterbury tomorrow. Worried that Warks will put us in and we'll be 50-5 at lunchtime!
    My fears were slightly unfounded!
  • Just read that the Dickson and Crawley opening partnership of 132 was the highest for 13 years!
  • 358-2 Just over 10 overs to get the FIFTH batting point
  • edited July 2019
    Injury-ravaged Warwickshire knew they faced a battle when they arrived at Canterbury to face Kent minus seven injured fast bowlers, not to mention Chris Woakes, who these days is on permanent England duty.
    "It's been a tough few weeks all round," a rueful Bears first-team coach Jim Troughton told BBC WM. "Even our team coach had injury issues and broke down on the way here, so we had to get a loan coach in to pick us up from Maidstone Services."
  • Dickson out for 161

DBD 90no
  • DBD gets first red ball ton for 3 years!

406-3
  • Sponsored links:

• 484-4

DBD 150*
    Robinson 21*
  • 488-4 at lunch, 150-2 for the session

Another 150 then declare at tea?
  • Their most "successful" bowler to date in the match is James Wainman with figures of 18-4-69-2. He actually played a couple of games for Kent 2s in April.
  • We should avoid defeat now. (There speaks a true Charlton / Kent fan).

Hopefully we can make a decent attempt at gaining the win. Could be tough for our bowlers in the heat if conditions are benign to bowl them out twice.

• edited July 2019
    Their most "successful" bowler to date in the match is James Wainman with figures of 18-4-69-2. He actually played a couple of games for Kent 2s in April.
    now got 3

He's so far this season played for Northants 2nd, Worcs 2nd, Kent 2nd, Lincolnshire and now Warwickshire! Nobody can accuse him of not wanting to play!
  • Saw Tredwell yesterday. Tredders wasn't exactly lithe when he played, but he's even chubbier now  :)

Indeed that's a massive change from a couple of years ago when we would field Tredders, Stevo, Claydon and Coles all of whom were carrying a few pounds...
  • 585-7 declared

Slightly surprised we didn't wait until 600!
  • 436 required to avoid the follow-on.

Hopefully that'll be a daunting enough target to mess with the Warks batsmens' heads and they'll subside (twice) and give us an easy win.

On the other hand, this is Kent ...