Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Listening to BBC Kent there was no mention of more than one ball. it seems the bowlers were repeatedly complaining about using the one ball because at some point during play the ball had ended up covered in animal (Fox) excrement.

Apparently a numbers of players left the field to wash their hands and though the ball was cleaned they not unreasonably still wanted the ball changed.

How exactly do you propose to spit, use sweat, and lick your fingers to polish the ball knowing it was covered in s**t?

It seems ECB rules do not cover such eventuality!!!

Still his fault even though he's at Sheffield Wednesday now...
  • I'm thinking of going along today, can't seem to find anywhere to buy tickets on the surrey website though?
  • edited July 2019
    I just can't believe how all these Surrey supporters so readily go into hiding the minute things stop going their way.

Actually I'm probably being a bit unfair - it's been going wrong all season as evidenced by the fact they've won TWO, I repeat TWO, out of 16 matches this season in all comps!
    I'm just on CL less mate. Got a lot of shit going on....

Good to see Kent doing well this season and looking good in this game. I'm still going draw.
  • I just can't believe how all these Surrey supporters so readily go into hiding the minute things stop going their way.

Actually I'm probably being a bit unfair - it's been going wrong all season as evidenced by the fact they've won TWO, I repeat TWO, out of 16 matches this season in all comps!

Good to see Kent doing well this season and looking good in this game. I'm still going draw.
    Hope all is ok mate 👍
  • I'm thinking of going along today, can't seem to find anywhere to buy tickets on the surrey website though?
    Just pay on arrival I assume, the advance ticket discount only applies before the match starts (mean bastards!)

Just pay on arrival I assume, the advance ticket discount only applies before the match starts (mean bastards!)

Ah that explains it. Surrey, eh? :-)

Are you still going?

Are you still going?
    yes, will wander down this morning

Are you still going?
    Okay mate.

I will be on my todd this morning but meeting @cantersaddick and a few other mates later on, so if you fancy a beer let me know! 

Are you still going?
    Okay mate.

I will be on my todd this morning but meeting @cantersaddick and a few other mates later on, so if you fancy a beer let me know! 

Thanks, heading off after the game so probably won't be drinking much today.

Though Kent's performances can easily drive you to alcohol (one way or another!)

Are you still going?
    Okay mate.

Thanks, heading off after the game so probably won't be drinking much today.

Though Kent's performances can easily drive you to alcohol (one way or another!)
    I wouldn't dream of being within 5 miles of a Kent game without having beer inside me! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I just can't believe how all these Surrey supporters so readily go into hiding the minute things stop going their way.

Genuinely sorry to hear that Canters - hope you get through it soon enough.
  • 2 quick wickets and Kent are 316-6 a lead of 45

Hope all is well @cantersaddick

I was going to be facetious and say working for South Eastern must be tough but maybe levity is not appropriate.

• Podmore looks like he is struggling between the wickets and stretching his leg. Hope he is ok to bowl - conditions should suit.
  • 369 all out. A 1st innings lead of 98 and four batting points picked up.
  • All out 369

Clarke bowling well, a couple of spectacular clean bowleds
  • I predict Surrey will have a lead with 9 wickets remaining
  • MrOneLung said:
    I predict Surrey will have a lead with 9 wickets remaining
    Here's hoping 
  • Not made the most of conditions here so far IMO. Too many straight balls and too many back of a length.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not made the most of conditions here so far IMO. Too many straight balls and too many back of a length.
    You're welcome. 

Feels good to take one for Kent, instead of the oppo! 
  • Damn......we’ve let them back in.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Looking that way, 77-1just 21 runs behind
  • We've been shite unfortunately - disappointing.
  • Looks like a ball change. The same Fox?
  • MrOneLung said:
    99 for 1
    You predict correct. 

I predict this game will fizzle out to a draw tomorrow. 
  • Milnes on a hattrick!
  • State of play

Surrey 108-3  : lead by 10 runs

Hants/Warks :  Warks 247-8 need another 157 to win

Essex / Yorkshire: Essex 56-1 need another 36 to win

Somerset / Notts : Notts 49-3 need another 206 to win

• @cantersaddick arrives and Kent get 2 in 2.... :-)
  • @cantersaddick arrives and Kent get 2 in 2.... :-)
    And another one goes.  Effectively Surrey are 26-4