Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Confirmed that Stevo is being loaned out to Derbyshire for the Blast...

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/stevens-heads-out-on-loan-for-blast/

not entirely sure how that sits with me. surely he could have played some sort of role? he seems to be bowling well and found some touch with his batting against hampshire. weird decision. 
  • Confirmed that Stevo is being loaned out to Derbyshire for the Blast...

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/stevens-heads-out-on-loan-for-blast/
    I’m not happy at all :-(
  • Stevens' stats for T20:

2018 - didn't play
    2017 - scored 113 runs at an average of 14.12 and took 4 wickets at 39.75 with economy rate of 8.67
    2016 - scored 168 runs at an average of 15.27 and took 11 wickets at 33.71 with economy rate of 9.45

Trying to put aside our recognition of Stevens as being a fantastic servant to us and specifically talking about T20 where the third discipline, fielding, is such a major factor, if we signed a 43 year with that sort of record would we be quite so enthusiastic about him?

• Bowling we should be ok - batting we will be bare bones on Saturday 

Who is missing ???? You’re right though, looks quite a weak batting line up 

bell Drummond 
    crawley 
    kuhn 
    robinson??? 
    blake 
    nabi 

2018 - didn't play
    2017 - scored 113 runs at an average of 14.12 and took 4 wickets at 39.75 with economy rate of 8.67
    2016 - scored 168 runs at an average of 15.27 and took 11 wickets at 33.71 with economy rate of 9.45

Trying to put aside our recognition of Stevens as being a fantastic servant to us and specifically talking about T20 where the third discipline, fielding, is such a major factor, if we signed a 43 year with that sort of record would we be quite so enthusiastic about him?

Must admit I'd completely forgotten that he wasn't used in the Blast last season

bell Drummond 
    crawley 
    kuhn 
    robinson??? 
    blake 
    nabi 

Will Kuhn be allowed to play after his concussion injury? Maybe Dickson will have to play
  • Would they consider drafting in Fabian Cowdrey?

T 20 was his thing and he is still young.
  • LenGlover said:
    Would they consider drafting in Fabian Cowdrey?

T 20 was his thing and he is still young.
    I doubt it, he's probably getting paid far more by Minster CC!
  • Sponsored links:

bell Drummond 
    crawley 
    kuhn 
    robinson??? 
    blake 
    nabi 

Will Kuhn be allowed to play after his concussion injury? Maybe Dickson will have to play
    Think concussion is a one week off. That would leave Dickson and Rouse to fill in his place. Unless they give Jordan Cox a go. 
  • Squad for tomorrow. No Denly or Kuhn, DBD captain, Cox and Dickson called up...

• cant work out what batting line up they will go for. Dickson may find himself in that middle order despite not being a t20 player. you would think crawley and dbd will open. the bowling side of that team looks strong though !
  • cant work out what batting line up they will go for. Dickson may find himself in that middle order despite not being a t20 player. you would think crawley and dbd will open. the bowling side of that team looks strong though !
    Yes, maybe instead of having both Milne and Viljoen, we could have brought in a top order batsman, especially with Denly always likely to be with England and Billings injured
  • What does this Nabi bloke do? Is he more of a batter or a bowler? I know nothing about him to my shame.
  • LenGlover said:
    What does this Nabi bloke do? Is he more of a batter or a bowler? I know nothing about him to my shame.
    Naby?

Left side of central defence and all-round big-unit Enforcer.

😀
  • edited July 2019

Nabi is a very effective off spin bowler and very handy stylish batsmen.

The named squad does present challenges

I imagine Crawley will open with either Cox or Haggett (he has scored decent runs in the 2nds opening), with Dickson at 3, Bell Drummond at 4, Robinson at 5, Blake at 6, Nabi at 7, Viljoen at 8, with Milnes, Milne and Qayyam making up the numbers. I suspect Klaassen will miss out.

It is a decent bowling attack with Viljoen, Milnes, Milne, Nabi, Qayyam - I am not sure whether Haggett if he plays is fit enough to bowl.

Were Billings, Denly and Kuhn available it would be a very strong and balanced squad.

The Milne and Nabi contracts were issued before Billings was injured. The Viljoen pick up was an opportunistic Kolpack signing.

Edit

I note Haggett bowled yesterday in two T20s 2nd XI friendlies yesterday

• Nabi is a very effective off spin bowler and very handy stylish batsmen.

I imagine Crawley will open with either Cox or Haggett (he has scored decent runs in the 2nds opening), with Dickson at 3, Bell Drummond at 4, Robinson at 5, Blake at 6, Nabi at 7, Viljoen at 8, with Milnes, Milne and Qayyam making up the numbers. I suspect Klaassen will miss out.

It is a decent bowling attack with Viljoen, Milnes, Milne, Nabi, Qayyam - I am not sure whether Haggett if he plays is fit enough to bowl.

Were Billings, Denly and Kuhn available it would be a very strong and balanced squad.

The Milne and Nabi contracts were issued before Billings was injured. The Viljoen pick up was an opportunistic Kolpack signing.

Edit

any idea how long billings has left? cant be too far away surely 

Edit

Billings hopes to be fit for the Middlesex game on August 1st

2018 - didn't play

On his debut, Stevens opened the bowling but went for 12 and didn't bowl another. He took a catch but made just 2 with the bat. Derbyshire won with 5 balls to spare.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know if you can take your own chairs in? Ran out last time I was there 
  • Kent won the toss and will bat
  • Anyone know if you can take your own chairs in? Ran out last time I was there 
    yes you can 
  • 3 players under 20 in our side - Robinson, Crawley and Cox
  • 8-2 from 2
  • Am loving Nabi 
  • Am loving Nabi 
    Nabi Star.
  • 52-2 from 5.3

Edit

Prior to that, he'll have a club game next Saturday.  He won't keep wicket this season though. 
  • Chizz said:

Nabi is a very effective off spin bowler and very handy stylish batsmen.

Edit

Prior to that, he'll have a club game next Saturday.  He won't keep wicket this season though. 
    I heard him say that. I hope he isn't going to be playing for his club, Hartley because they were relegated to Div 5 of the Kent League before the season began. I'm sure their opposition next Saturday, Chislehurst & West Kent, would agree.