Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• 106-2

Warks In bother at Essex.

Notts in bother versus Surrey

we are staying up. 
  • That’s enough Henry, save those pearlers for when you’re back at Kent
  • 178-2....joe 75no.
  • 221-2

Denly 102*
    DBD 68*
  • Another dull draw like the Warks match looks likely. Great effort by Joe who could easily have been at Lord's today instead of Dawson.
  • Another dull draw like the Warks match looks likely. Great effort by Joe who could easily have been at Lord's today instead of Dawson.
    Can't do him any harm with regard to retaining his Test place. He played in England's last Test and if the selectors are true to their word he should keep his place. I would not be surprised though if England use the upcoming Ireland Test as a bit of an experiment. Roy will win his first cap and will definitely play in the first couple of Ashes Tests and bat in the top 3. This has been coming for a long time and both Ed Smith and Baylis have virtually confirmed it.  If Denly fails against Ireland then it will be easier to drop him then. 
  • Riviera said:
    Another dull draw like the Warks match looks likely. Great effort by Joe who could easily have been at Lord's today instead of Dawson.
    Can't do him any harm with regard to retaining his Test place. He played in England's last Test and if the selectors are true to their word he should keep his place. I would not be surprised though if England use the upcoming Ireland Test as a bit of an experiment. Roy will win his first cap and will definitely play in the first couple of Ashes Tests and bat in the top 3. This has been coming for a long time and both Ed Smith and Baylis have virtually confirmed it.  If Denly fails against Ireland then it will be easier to drop him then. 
    Pretty sure Joe will play against Ireland.
  • LenGlover said:
    Riviera said:
    Another dull draw like the Warks match looks likely. Great effort by Joe who could easily have been at Lord's today instead of Dawson.
    That is what I said. Still posting without reading?
  • 150 up for Joe. 339-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Joe out for 154. 356-4 and plenty of time to again get the maximum batting points
  • Riviera said:
    LenGlover said:
    Riviera said:
    That is what I said. Still posting without reading?
    You raised a doubt....'if the selectors are true to their word'....
  • Kent 400 for 4 off 91.5 over Kuhn 55 no, Robinson 29 no
  • Crawley now batting for England A. 15n.o. off 14 balls
  • edited July 2019
    433-6 Kuhn 73* Stevens 10* Robinson 29 Stewart 0

Crawley bowled by Jackson Bird for 15 for the Lions

• Crawley now batting for England A. 15n.o. off 14 balls
    jinx
  • Stevo is God 
  • 503-7

Kuhn 93*
    Stevens out for 60 off 77 balls
  • Kuhn hit by a Fidel Edwards bouncer. I hadn't realised Fidel is 37
  • Riviera said:
    If Root continues to bat 4 then it is 1, 2 and 3 that we are looking at. Against Ireland I would expect Burns, Roy and Denley to fill those spots. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Kuhn hit by a Fidel Edwards bouncer. I hadn't realised Fidel is 37
    And out for 95

520-8
  • 555 ao, a first innings lead of 146.

Tea now being taken.

Looks like there should be 35+ overs left in today's play plus tomorrow to force the win.

What could possibly go wrong?

;)
  • Surrey thrash Notts inside three days. 
    Just saying.
  • 555 ao, a first innings lead of 146.

Tea now being taken.

Looks like there should be 35+ overs left in today's play plus tomorrow to force the win.

What could possibly go wrong?

;)
    Last season we would gave struggled to reach 555 across both innings!
  • Hants 12-1 off 10 overs
  • Hants now 74-2
  • Hants 119-2 at close of play
  • Early wickets crucial tomorrow otherwise this could well be over before lunch 
    I would be staggered if either side won. I'd suggest it's an 0.5% chance of a win for us and a 0.1% chance of a Hants win!
    I would be staggered if either side won. I'd suggest it's an 0.5% chance of a win for us and a 0.1% chance of a Hants win!
    You’re probably right !

in other news , saw online that Darren Stevens might go out onloan for the t20 game? Surely wouldn’t be worth doing in the sort of form he is in at the moment ? Would be mad too ! Have to say though our side is looking very strong this year !