Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• CHGCHG
    edited July 2019
    Embarrassing that. Nabi destroyed them. 
  • Take a bow Nabi 
  • Feel sorry for the crowd, they should have continued to see how many Nabi would have made!
  • NABI!!
  • edited July 2019
    Wasn’t even close. Wonder what Nabi would’ve got with another 12 balls
  • Wow Nabi... LOL
  • Just wish we could play Surrey every week. 
  • Nabi hit five sixes, a four and two twos in the last eleven balls of the innings.  Including the ones he didn't face. 
  • Very very difficult batting conditions. I'd rather be chasing and kent defo in the driving seat but I wouldn't write surrey off just yet.
    Erm difficult batting conditions you say?
  • Surrey had, I believe, 9 England qualified players, Kent had 4 - and you take the piss about Surrey !
  • Sponsored links:

• That was unreal. Nabi vs De Villiers on Thursday should be a great game at Lords
  • Kent are really getting their recruitment right

you just need to get a couple more overseas players and you could field a full 11.

Really? put your dummy back in and accept you got battered. Good job Finch put up a fight otherwise that could have been even more embarrassing for Surrey/Palace.
  • One word. Brutal. 
  • Nabi certainly made up for his performance on Friday that’s for sure.
  • edited July 2019
    Surrey had, I believe, 9 England qualified players, Kent had 4 - and you take the piss about Surrey !

Surrey had 4 players that came through their system - the rest they bought either from other counties or from overseas. Kent had 4 players that came through their system too and at least 5 of them were born here and 6 are qualified to play for England.

Pot and kettle.
  • edited July 2019
    Surrey had, I believe, 9 England qualified players, Kent had 4 - and you take the piss about Surrey !
    Surrey had 4 players that came through their system - the rest they bought either from other counties or from overseas. Kent had 4 players that came through their system too. 

Pot and kettle.

You conveniently havnt counted the ones currently on International duty ...for England.
    How many overseas players did Kent have tonight, in comparison to Surrey?

• I know they've got players on England duty but how the hell does Clarke get in their side.
  • Very very difficult batting conditions. I'd rather be chasing and kent defo in the driving seat but I wouldn't write surrey off just yet.
    Was particularly difficult batting conditions. As the commentators said before the game win the toss and chase and you will win. Pitch had longer to dry out and you got the best of the conditions.

Having said that we were always well short of where we needed to be.
  • Surrey had, I believe, 9 England qualified players, Kent had 4 - and you take the piss about Surrey !
    Surrey had 4 players that came through their system - the rest they bought either from other counties or from overseas. Kent had 4 players that came through their system too. 

Pot and kettle.

You conveniently havnt counted the ones currently on International duty ...for England.

And what about Denly (England), Billings (injured), Thomas (injured) and Cox (left out) who were all born in Kent and came though the system?
  • Sponsored links:

• Errrr,

Dernbach,Smith,Dunn,Mckerr,Meaker,Harinath?

What about the question.....
    How many overseas players did Kent have tonight?

• Then along with Burns,Roy,Curran all with England.

• Oh wow. 
    Only just finished watching as dealing with the animals. 

That was cracking. 
    Nabi, take a bow. 

That’s made me a happy Smudge :smiley:
  • Errrr,

Enough
  • I know they've got players on England duty but how the hell does Clarke get in their side.
    He was shocking, it was all sorta evens until he bowled his over and then we had no chance.
    Was particularly difficult batting conditions. As the commentators said before the game win the toss and chase and you will win. Pitch had longer to dry out and you got the best of the conditions.

Having said that we were always well short of where we needed to be.
    Would you say that the pitch (which was covered while the rain was falling) was noticeably drier in the eighth over of the match (when Kent were batting) than the seventh (when Surrey were)?  

There's obviously an advantage in batting second when the game is shortened.  But would you really say the pitch conditions in what was an eleven-over match made much difference? 
  • Errrr,

Two is the answer to the question. Because those are the rules of the comp. And if we are stripping it back to where players were born then I suggest you check the birth place of these:

Dernbach
    Curran (T)
    Roy
    Meaker
    McKerr
  • If you feel ecstatic with Kent United Nations beating Surrey 'B' , then go for it.
    When was that game?
  • There's a few pissed off Surrey fans on here tonight.