Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• 127-5 off 17

49 off 3 required
  • Nabi gets Wheater next ball
  • edited July 2019
    49 of 18 balls 
  • 3 from 3. 
  • 152-7 off 20 so we win by 23 runs. A decent all round performance.

"We are top of the League"

• 3 out of 3!
  • Well done Kent!

Seems like a highly competent, professional performance all round.
  • Despite Nabi being stumped first ball tonight, I believe that he may prove to be one of our best overseas signings for T20. He gives us balance and with the possibility of Denly coming back to strengthen the batting further (should he not make the Ashes team) we have every chance of going all the way. That also assumes that Billings doesn't return soon.
  • Bragging rights secured 
  • Sponsored links:

• Lovely jubbly :smiley:
  • Oh ye of little faith.....

It was a glorious evening , both weatherwise & on the pitch.

I LOVE this squad of players ! A real team in all senses of the word with everyone playing their part.

OK, we dropped several skied catches but to have taken them would have only meant winning by a bigger margin & TBH, Essex never looked up to it tonight. Our fielding is top class and on many occasions their batsmen didn't dare try for a 2nd run ...and it made a huge difference in the result. 

We'll be watching the Oval match on Tuesday via Sky as have family duties until teatime but a dear fellow Addick is taking us to Lords on Thursday so a week to look forward to indeed.

Could we still be unbeaten by this time next week ? 
  • Despite Nabi being stumped first ball tonight, I believe that he may prove to be one of our best overseas signings for T20. He gives us balance and with the possibility of Denly coming back to strengthen the batting further (should he not make the Ashes team) we have every chance of going all the way. That also assumes that Billings doesn't return soon.
    He has
  • ross1 said:
    Despite Nabi being stumped first ball tonight, I believe that he may prove to be one of our best overseas signings for T20. He gives us balance and with the possibility of Denly coming back to strengthen the batting further (should he not make the Ashes team) we have every chance of going all the way. That also assumes that Billings doesn't return soon.
    He has
    Is he confirmed in the XI? He might still be released at some stage in the series if not.
  • ross1 said:
    Despite Nabi being stumped first ball tonight, I believe that he may prove to be one of our best overseas signings for T20. He gives us balance and with the possibility of Denly coming back to strengthen the batting further (should he not make the Ashes team) we have every chance of going all the way. That also assumes that Billings doesn't return soon.
    He has
    Is he confirmed in the XI? He might still be released at some stage in the series if not.
    Yes
  • edited July 2019
    Super Joe top-scored in the first innings and was sacrificed in the most disgraceful fashion by the skipper in the second. That was straight out of the G Boycott training manual: "I've never been run out but a lot of the batsmen I partnered were."

For that act alone he should keep his spot in the XI but factor in Root not wanting to bat in the top three, only at four, and that should make Joe's spot secure for a couple more Tests at least.

I suppose there's a chance he might have a crack at opening for England if Burns and Roy make a pig's ear of things.

He can also provide the option of a bit of leg spin which could be called upon as a partnership-breaker or just to give the seamers a breather.
  • ross1 said:
    He has
    In the 14 man squad, a couple of player with injuries
  • ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    He has
    In the 14 man squad, a couple of player with injuries
    No spare batters.  I don’t think he’s up to it but i’m Convinced that only Root and Stokes really are 
  • Sponsored links:

• The big one tonight.......and it’s on Sky too......can’t wait!
  • The CharltonLife Derby

Law of averages state they are due to beat Kent one day.
  • MrOneLung said:
    The CharltonLife Derby

Law of averages state they are due to beat Kent one day.
    Just not today.
  • I need something to lighten my mood. 
    I tried black currant picking, worked for a bit. 
    I’m off out for ‘walky talky Tuesday’ with my fellow West Cork ladies, that should help. 
    But another Kent win would definitely do it :smiley:
    The rain might save Surrey
  • We certainly need something to lighten the mood.
    Slurrey cannot be saved, their souls are damned for eternity.

:smiley:

The rain will save them from another defeat to Kent though. Indeed Alec Stewart is out there with a hosepipe to make sure!

😣😣😣
  • They are hoping for an 8pm start 13 overs each.