Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 19/20

Comments

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    TBF to most long suffering Browns fans, its more a hope train than hype train.
    Just heard a stat that Baker Mayfield has led the league in interceptions since Freddie Kitchens took over. 
  • Options
    Perfect chance for Kirk to bounce back today, but if it’s another bad performance against a pretty poor defence then he’s in serious trouble.
  • Options
    Perfect chance for Kirk to bounce back today, but if it’s another bad performance against a pretty poor defence then he’s in serious trouble.
    I’m looking forward to Bears Vikings. Should be an absolute mess offense wise.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I’m looking forward to Bears Vikings. Should be an absolute mess offense wise.
    9-6

300 yards of offence between them 
  • Options
    Good start, this is a perfect bounce back back for Kirk to get back to his best and find these weapons. 
  • Options
    Allen Hurns must hate playing in Dallas... :-(
  • Options
    Dak throwing way too many Hollywood passes... play it simple.
  • Options
    Struggling here against the Dolphins.....!
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Struggling here against the Dolphins.....!
    We look like... an actual real life football team. 

And then Drake fumbles to remind us we are awful
  • Options
    Pats D has not given up a touchdown in 10 quarters this season. But they have scored two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pats D has not given up a touchdown in 10 quarters this season. But they have scored two.
    14 quarters if you include the Super Bowl...
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Pats defence still not given up a TD despite Jets putting 14 pts on the board... a special teams muffed punt and an INT.
  • Options
    Dalvin Cook is quite good, in case anyone hadn’t yet noticed. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Cracking touchdown for McCaffrey just then, over 70 yards. Panthers might actually win their first game!
  • Options
    Another predictable loss.

Our starting R Tackle Bobby Hart goes and gets himself ejected for contact with an official near the end of the game. It was the first person he managed to lay a glove on!!

• Options
    WE WON A GAME :relieved:

• Options
    edited September 2019

@el-pietro @TheRedRobin

Where are you now?   

Anything else to say about The (B)Eagles?   Wentz is not the answer.   The Dak Attak is only going to improve.   The Cowboys WILL win the NFC East, but there is no chance we will beat the Chiefs or Patriots if we face them in the Superbowl.   IF we get past Rams/Saints/Bears.....

• Options
    supaclive said:

@el-pietro @TheRedRobin

Where are you now?   

Anything else to say about The (B)Eagles?   Wentz is not the answer.   The Dak Attak is only going to improve.   The Cowboys WILL win the NFC East, but there is no chance we will beat the Chiefs or Patriots if we face them in the Superbowl.   IF we get past Rams/Saints/Bears.....

To be honest wentz is not the right question let alone answer. Defensively we are poor and we are not given wentz enough time without pressure leading to too many rushed passes or qb scrambles. Having little real running game doesn’t help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kigelia said:
    supaclive said:

@el-pietro @TheRedRobin

Where are you now?   

To be honest wentz is not the right question let alone answer. Defensively we are poor and we are not given wentz enough time without pressure leading to too many rushed passes or qb scrambles. Having little real running game doesn’t help.

I am just confused why the experts / bookies had them favourites to win the NFC East when nothing that happened in pre season in terms of recruitment, injuries etc gave an inkling they would be much better than last year?    I know everybody loves to hate the Cowboys, but our offense with Tony Pollard coming in, Gallup into 2nd season, Cobb, Witten returning, along with Travis Frederick and Zak Martin being available to play how would we not be better?

I still go with the notion though that this Cowboys side still has a lot of potential talent to improve, but I still don't think they get near Kansas City or New England though....

• Options
    edited September 2019
    supaclive said:

@el-pietro @TheRedRobin

Where are you now?   

I watched bits of the Cowboys game on Redzone last night. Looked like Dak was getting a lot of time in the pocket (some of the plays were so unpressured they had a preseason feel about them). Is the Cowboys pass protection the real deal or was it a case of Miami pass rush being awful?

• Options
    supaclive said:

@el-pietro @TheRedRobin

Where are you now?   

I watched bits of the Cowboys game on Redzone last night. Looked like Dak was getting a lot of time in the pocket (some of the plays were so unpressured they had a preseason feel about them). Is the Cowboys pass protection the real deal or was it a case of Miami pass rush being awful?

Our pass protection is much, much better this season and Dak is learning when in pressure to throw the ball away and not get caught with it.   Miami are poor too though in defence.

The one area that worries me is the Cowboys defence against the Pass.   It's looked very slack this season and I fear the game on Sunday against (even without Brees) the Saints that we could be in for a tough time.   We'll know how much the Cowboys have improved this weekend.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    se9addick said:

@se9addick how was the game ?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1176157328518852609 

(If you can't see it, which I can't):

The #Giants are expecting to be without star RB Saquon Barkley for the next several weeks because of his high-ankle sprain, source said. Not surprising given the nature of the injury and his presence with a walking boot and crutches on the sideline.

(Ian Rapoport)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:

@se9addick how was the game ?
    It was awesome - the tailgating beforehand was on a different level too!!
  • Options
    This game is very much moveable object meeting a stoppable force. Happy hunting grounds for defences I suspect. Mitch Biscuits looking pretty woeful - and Keenum, of course, throwing a pick six. 
  • Options
    Hands down the most penalties I’ve seen in a half. Been about 4 on this drive alone and the Redskins aren’t even past their own 40
  • Options
    Avoided this thread as I watched the Cheifs/Ravens game and been watching others on Gamepass.

Right decision for Harbaugh to go for two, just the wrong playcalls. Here's hoping for a postseason repeat - Lamar v Mahomes is going to be a fantastic rivalry over the coming years. Andy Reid is a genius.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    kigelia said:
    supaclive said:

@el-pietro @TheRedRobin

Where are you now?   

I am just confused why the experts / bookies had them favourites to win the NFC East when nothing that happened in pre season in terms of recruitment, injuries etc gave an inkling they would be much better than last year?    I know everybody loves to hate the Cowboys, but our offense with Tony Pollard coming in, Gallup into 2nd season, Cobb, Witten returning, along with Travis Frederick and Zak Martin being available to play how would we not be better?

I still go with the notion though that this Cowboys side still has a lot of potential talent to improve, but I still don't think they get near Kansas City or New England though....

Wentz is the answer. The problem isn't him at all. He was incredible again on Sunday and he has got be wondering what he has to do to win right now. I'm not going to make excuses. The Eagles didn't deserve to win on Sunday because they made so many mistakes. At least 7 dropped passes, three or more fumbles, allowing a Kick return TD. Some of this is bad luck and should hopefully even out, but the season isn't that long and you can't wait too long for luck to balance out. Some of it though is just poor execution and with the Packers up next our season is in trouble right now.
    I don't understand how you can say the recruitment didn't make the Eagles look better than last year. The key thing is Wentz health. He looks back to his best. He also has more attacking weapons than at any point in his career. The issue is that all of them are injured all at once. Alshon Jeffrey, DeSean Jackson and Dallas Goedert are all injured right now. That meant Wentz had Zach Ertz, Nelson Agholor, Mack Hollins and rookie JJ Arcega-Whiteside as his receivers this weekend.
    Ertz is incredible but when hes the only real threat its easy to take him out as an option. Hollins had a pretty good game but the expectations are low. Agholor is a rollercoaster. He had two TDs and I think I can hear the boos all the way from Philadelphia even now. He dropped a bunch of passes, he had a bizarre fumble under no contact. JJAW has been disappointing so far but hes 3 games into his career so you give him the benefit of the doubt. Speaking of rookies second round RB Miles Sanders had a nightmare with two fumbles on the same drive.

My bigger concern is the D-Line. Where are the sacks? Where are the hits? There have been some injuries here but not enough to justify a complete lack of pressure.

Cowboys are off to a good start but lets be honest they haven't actually played an NFL team yet. Lets not get too excited about beating up on high school teams.