Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 19/20

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Watch out Miami 72

The Raiders are on course for a perfect season -  FACT !!!
    Looks like the Dolphins are actually going for a 16-0 season again.

2020 looks like a good draft to pick up a franchise QB. If you're going to bomb this is the Season to do it. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Sounds as if Adam Vinatieri will retire tomorrow. End of an era for the greatest of all time in my opinion
    He's lost his accuracy I think. Pretty gutting if so, but he's had a fantastic career and is certainly retiring as the GOAT of his position. (That said, Tucker will supersede him in around a decade or whenever.)
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    Foles has won a Superbowl.....
    The Eagles won the Super Bowl. Foles was part of the team. He didn't do it on his own. Hes also crazy inconsistent. I love Foles, he was amazing in that game and the Conference game but I'd go with a healthy Wentz every single day of the week. The only question about Wentz is whether he can stay on the field, his quality cannot be questioned.
    Wentz also took them into the playoffs that year. Are we forgetting the Rams version of Foles? 
    @The Red Robin Wentz is not taking you anywhere this year.  Poor versus Washington for 3 quarters and a defeat last night.

The Dak attack is going to see Them Cowboys win the NFC East this year.

I don't think we'll beat the eventual AFC Divisional champions though.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    The Eagles won the Super Bowl. Foles was part of the team. He didn't do it on his own. Hes also crazy inconsistent. I love Foles, he was amazing in that game and the Conference game but I'd go with a healthy Wentz every single day of the week. The only question about Wentz is whether he can stay on the field, his quality cannot be questioned.
    Wentz also took them into the playoffs that year. Are we forgetting the Rams version of Foles? 
    @The Red Robin Wentz is not taking you anywhere this year.  Poor versus Washington for 3 quarters and a defeat last night.

Did you watch the game? Wentz did pretty well considering the circumstances. Eagles were missing WR1, WR2 and TE2 for the entire game pretty much. Had to keep going with the same personal on every drive, with the exception of when they brought in an extra lineman to change it up.

He also made some incredible throws in difficult circumstances, one throw in particular stands out where he threw the ball while being dragged to his knees. He also probably did enough to win the game but for Nelson Agholors butter fingers down the left sideline with about 2 minutes to go and open field in front of him. Even despite that miss he managed to drag the team out of some deep holes on 4th down and was half a yard away from getting one more first down with time running out, but Ertz just couldn't get enough momentum.

Eagles have some issues to work on, particlulary the D-Line who are not getting close enough to the opposing QB, a secondary where no one appears to be first choice, and now some injury concerns, but Wentz is not even remotely a concern for me. He looks back to his mobile best from 2017, dancing away from tackles as if he were houdini, I wouldn't trade him for Dak straight up.

1-1 after two games, including a tough road game against a team with something to prove? I'm excited for this season. Also, F*** Dallas.

• Options
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:

Did you watch the game? Wentz did pretty well considering the circumstances. Eagles were missing WR1, WR2 and TE2 for the entire game pretty much. Had to keep going with the same personal on every drive, with the exception of when they brought in an extra lineman to change it up.

He also made some incredible throws in difficult circumstances, one throw in particular stands out where he threw the ball while being dragged to his knees. He also probably did enough to win the game but for Nelson Agholors butter fingers down the left sideline with about 2 minutes to go and open field in front of him. Even despite that miss he managed to drag the team out of some deep holes on 4th down and was half a yard away from getting one more first down with time running out, but Ertz just couldn't get enough momentum.

Eagles have some issues to work on, particlulary the D-Line who are not getting close enough to the opposing QB, a secondary where no one appears to be first choice, and now some injury concerns, but Wentz is not even remotely a concern for me. He looks back to his mobile best from 2017, dancing away from tackles as if he were houdini, I wouldn't trade him for Dak straight up.

1-1 after two games, including a tough road game against a team with something to prove? I'm excited for this season. Also, F*** Dallas.

We'll only know if you're right at the end of the season.  The past says you're incorrect.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:

We'll only know if you're right at the end of the season.  The past says you're incorrect.
    The past says you are incorrect because no team can win the NFCE back to back.
  • Options
    Chiefs rumoured to have made a trade offer to Jacksonville for want-away CB Jalen Ramsey. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:

You're quite right, Lamar Jackson is my QB.
  • Options
    Chiefs rumoured to have made a trade offer to Jacksonville for want-away CB Jalen Ramsey. 
    This would be appalling business from the Jags, unless it's multiple first rounders and possibly another couple of day 2/3 picks or something.

We should not trade away the most talented player we've had in years. Get rid of Doug Marrone - but then we all know Shad probably won't do that.

Here's to another indefinite amount of time playing zone coverage for no reason and run/run/pass/punt play calling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Giants have benched Eli Manning and confirmed Daniel Jones starts this weekend at Tampa
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Giants have benched Eli Manning and confirmed Daniel Jones starts this weekend at Tampa
    It breaks my heart a bit but I think it's time. He's just been too inconsistent the last season :disappointed:
  • Options
    Heard on the radio yesterday that with that last loss Manning has a .500 career win record. 
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:

The past says you are incorrect because no team can win the NFCE back to back.
    Until THIS year
  • Options
    Caught a fair bit of the Cleveland v Jets game last night. Not much fun if you're an NFL fan in New York at the moment. The Giants don't look very good and if anything the Jets are worse. If you want to watch a decent sports team in the Big Apple at the moment the Yankees look like your best bet.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Caught a fair bit of the Cleveland v Jets game last night. Not much fun if you're an NFL fan in New York at the moment. The Giants don't look very good and if anything the Jets are worse. If you want to watch a decent sports team in the Big Apple at the moment the Yankees look like your best bet.
    Was fairly exciting just watching that poor Jets 3rd choice QB getting sacked repeatedly! 
  • Options
    Jalen Ramsey just had a presser and answered most questions with "I'm excited to play Thursday". 

Was a bizarre quarter of an hour. Reads as if he has issues (beyond being paid) with the FO and that he did NOT leak news of a trade request - which reflects terribly on our FO.

He'll play as he always does (because he's a winner) and I believe that, and wants Yannick Ngakoue to get paid.

I think he gets traded - lots of language he used suggested that. But I'm still going to hope we grow some bollocks and fire Doug Marrone and retain Jalen.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Pats sniffing around apparently.

Two firsts is the asking price. 

• Options
    Yep, congrats to the Ravens on beating the Dolphins and Cards. Definitely worth comparing Lamar to Mahomes based on that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pats sniffing around apparently.

Two firsts is the asking price. 

Pats? Fine. If we can't be happy, then no-one can be. Give me that sweet draft capital that we can use to maybe draft the next Jalen Ramsey.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Sad that Dak isn’t included on this list because the ball went through Randall Cobb’s hands and looped up kindly for a Redskins DB on Sunday. :-(

His stat line after two games reads:

82.3 comp pct, 7 TD, 142.9 rating
  • Options
    Don't sleep on Lamar. 
  • Options
    Don't sleep on Lamar. 
    Completely agree in fairness - my previous comment was slightly tongue in cheek! He seems to have rectified most of his red flags from last year.
  • Options
    I'm also slightly in love with him. Biggest issues last year was fumbling and throwing to the sidelines. So far so good. 

• Options
    I'm also slightly in love with him. Biggest issues last year was fumbling and throwing to the sidelines. So far so good. 

He’s becoming what I saw him be in college and I couldn’t be happier for him, his ceiling is easily Vick, if not even higher. 
  • Options

He’s becoming what I saw him be in college and I couldn’t be happier for him, his ceiling is easily Vick, if not even higher. 
    Damn. Some of those throws, the zip and the touch are top drawer. You can see the Vick comparison with his legs but he's got the arm and the accuracy down after last year. Happy I (thought I reached but) grabbed him when I did in the fantasy draft
  • Options
    Talk all you like about soft opposition but that is pin point accuracy on all types of passes. He ran Mahomes close last year too before a ridiculous pass to Tyreek Hill on third down.