Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 19/20

Comments

• Options
    50+ year post season record....7 straight possessions ending in Chiefs TDs 
  • Options
    What a win! Mahomes has the cajones.
  • Options
    Think only had 7 running plays in those 7 drives. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Think only had 7 running plays in those 7 drives. 
    We don't have a running game.
  • Options
    Crazy game! Hopefully the next will be as entertaining. I’m picking Packers for this one so expect Seahawks to storm it. 
  • Options
    Can relax and enjoy the second game.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Conference Championships... 19/01

Sunday 8:05pm
    Tennessee @ Kansas City

Sunday 11:40pm
    Green Bay @ San Francisco

• Options
    I'm still crying
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Can't see anything but a San Francisco win next weekend. Have no idea about the other but if Baltimore defence couldn't contain Henry then can't see the Chiefs doing it.

Would be a great story if the Titans win it but being a long time American Football fan I have never really taken to the 4/6 most recently formed franchise teams.
  • Options
    Can't see anything but a San Francisco win next weekend. Have no idea about the other but if Baltimore defence couldn't contain Henry then can't see the Chiefs doing it.

Would be a great story if the Ravens win it but being a long time American Football fan I have never really taken to the 4/6 most recently formed franchise teams.
    I am sure you mean Titans, not Ravens .. I feel the same about Henry  .. BUT, given the performance against the Texans, anything they can do, we (The Chiefs) can do better .. they will be 2 very close games .. never underestimate Rodgers and the men from the north ((:>)
  • Options
    We've let go of Offensive Co-Ordinator John DeFilippo.

Didn't even think he was that big of a problem. We need to sack Todd bloody Wash!!
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    49ers
    Texans
    Titans
    Seahawks
    This is aging like a very fine wine
    this aged like milk
  • Options

Would be a great story if the Ravens win it but being a long time American Football fan I have never really taken to the 4/6 most recently formed franchise teams.
    I am sure you mean Titans, not Ravens .. I feel the same about Henry  .. BUT, given the performance against the Texans, anything they can do, we (The Chiefs) can do better .. they will be 2 very close games .. never underestimate Rodgers and the men from the north ((:>)
    Yeah sorry. Now edited.
  • Options
    I'm still crying
    There’s no crying in football. Swearing, lots and lots of swearing, but no crying. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    College football championship game shortly - top-ranked Louisiana State take on no.3 Clemson. 

We're seeing Heisman winner and likely number one overall pick Joe Burrow (LSU) and his counterpart for Clemson, Trevor Lawrence, do battle as QBs. The latter has been highly touted: 6'5, cannon of an arm, and won a national championship last year as a true freshman. It wouldn't surprise me to see T-Law go first overall in 2021.

As for the other key players to keep an eye on draft-wise...

- Clyde Edwards-Hilaire (RB, LSU) could go in the mid rounds
    - Isaiah Simmons (LB/S/general defensive player, Clemson) is projected to be drafted generally in the top 15-20 picks this year. Top 10 prospect - would love to grab him for the Jags at 9.
    - Grant Delpit (S, LSU) is top 15-20. Best safety (edges out Xavier McKinney) available.
    - Kristian Fulton (CB, LSU) is top 15-20. I rate him as probably the third or fourth best cornerback available.
    - Thaddeus Moss (TE, LSU) is Randy Moss' son. Not sure if he goes pro this season, but a possible late-rounder as it stands.
    - Justin Jefferson (WR, LSU) probably goes round 2.
    - K'Lavon Chaisson (EDGE, LSU) probably goes 1-2. Drawn comparisons to Danielle Hunter.
    - Rashard Lawrence (DT, LSU) probably goes round 2-3.
    - Jacob Phillips (ILB, LSU) probably goes round 3.
    - Tee Higgins (WR, Clemson) probably goes round 1, or early 2nd. Really nice prospect with good hands.
    - Travis Etienne (RB, Clemson) probably goes round 2, though he's mocked anywhere from tail end of the first to top of the third. Good running back and possible immediate starter, or possible relief back. Some development receiving (think Alvin Kamara).
    - AJ Terrell (CB, Clemson) probably goes late 2nd/early 3rd.
    - John Simpson (OG, Clemson) could be a nice third round pick to improve an O-line..

May have missed a couple but yeah, there we go. Lots of talent to be on display.
  • Options
    Nice round up Paddy. 

Don’t really follow CFB very closely but it always irks me that the rankings are decided by committee. 

I kNow hard to get True rankings when so many conferences and teams not playing each other plus teams playing non conference  games and annual games against rivals. 

At least last few years they have moved to a top four scenario and had semis and and final to actually crown a champ. 
  • Options
    LSU beat Clemson 42-25. (I was gonna say "Tigers win", but both teams are nicknamed the Tigers!)

Well, Burrow cemented his position as #1 overall. What a player - and he's set the record for number of TD passes in any college football season. It's one of the greatest single seasons for a QB in college history, according to various takes I'm reading. (NB he took one more game than Colt Brennan in 2006 for Hawaii to get those TDs, but was up against substantially better opposition.)
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    LSU beat Clemson 42-25. (I was gonna say "Tigers win", but both teams are nicknamed the Tigers!)

Well, Burrow cemented his position as #1 overall. What a player - and he's set the record for number of TD passes in any college football season. It's one of the greatest single seasons for a QB in college history, according to various takes I'm reading. (NB he took one more game than Colt Brennan in 2006 for Hawaii to get those TDs, but was up against substantially better opposition.)
    Isn’t Burrow an older player though? Opted to develop more in the college game. Be interesting to see how he plays against NFL opposition. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Isn’t Burrow an older player though? Opted to develop more in the college game. Be interesting to see how he plays against NFL opposition. 
    Yeah, he's just turned 23. But he was behind JT Barrett then Dwayne Haskins for three years at Ohio State, then transferred so he could start, so he's only really had two years of college football experience.

Don't think age is quite as big a thing for QBs especially given how much more protection they are receiving, as well as advances in sports science. So the age question is a pretty minor one IMO.
  • Options

Records after Halloween this season: Miami 5-4, New England 4-5.

• Options
    Two bonkers things there. 1) That score. 2) Someone keeps a record of unique score lines. 
  • Options
    Scorigami started here. Jon Bois is fantastic, but his sense of humour may not be for everyone.

• Options
    Luke Kuechly retires... Oh dear. He was probably our best player
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    A surprise and a shame. But yeah. 

That said, a new era in Carolina with a head coach and OC who were top of their list. Interested to see how you go. 
  • Options
    From the way it has been reported, he had a couple of serious concussions, so hoping he hasn't had some scary medical advice. 

New coach, probably need a new QB as well, not sure Cam is staying and his deputies this season probably aren't up to scratch. We are in transition! But will make for an interesting season
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Real shame, such a great player. He didn't seem to be playing at his usual level in the last few weeks (but then the whole team was struggling).

It was fascinating watching the All or Nothing series on the Panthers to see the amount of time he put in researching the opposition, a massive off-season of change in Carolina.
  • Options
    Panthers drafting Tua I reckon after trading up to 3 with Detroit.
  • Options
    Cant see Tua going that early with his injury.