Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Naby Sarr.

Comments

• Naby Sarr who goes from tragic to magic to tragic to magic, and that's just in the first half of matches. 
    Charlton's leading scorer in the line up at Preston is an enigma. 
    Pinpoint 45 yard passes, a 30 yard chipped ball down the wing to Williams to Bonne, Goal ! Receives the ball just outside his area runs the length of the field after a pass to the wing and then gets on the end of the cross to score. A fantastic last ditch tackle that saves a point against the baggies, and the goal taken with aplomb at QPR.

The Good, BUT the bad and the ugly aren't great for the Nabster's CV.

Only seen it once but how did he get out musseled at the den, I know Matt Smith is a big lad but so is Naby. In the Hull game you clear the ball into row Z, and the Fulham game, bring the player down outside the box and take the yellow card. Last season against Wimbledon, you don't do the full lunging tackle when Trevor two reds Kettle  is referee, even if it was in the first minute.

The John Stones of the Championship, from the sublime to the ridiculous and back to the sublime and.. 

this all over .. someone posted that Naby is an 'entertainer'  .. personally I like my midfielders and attackers to entertain, I much prefer my defenders and keepers to be solid and a bit boring, the bass players to the attackers flash lead guitarists 
  •  Simple errors are replicated by higher profile players in the premier every week by defenders. I don't mean when they are skilled up but just basic errors and lack of concentration. 
    Naby has made mistakes in the Championship that have resulted in goals: so have Pearce, Lockyer, Solly, Purrington etc

The Irony is Naby would get a Championship move if he always used his strength and cut out the silly error because he is the go to defender to try the long passes that have led to goals. Plus his other assists and goals. Until we bring defenders into the club of a higher quality, ( I support who ever is picked)  he is in on merit.
    It maybe time for Naby to move on when his contract expires because not sure he will get 6 to 7k a week next time on a 5 year !  Igor was only on a tad more than Sarr.
  • If Exiled says Naby scored v Palace, then I'm confident he did.
    What goal was this, I have no recollection at all ?
  • edited January 2020
    If Exiled says Naby scored v Palace, then I'm confident he did.
    Away in the league cup wasn't it, night game it all kicked off afterwards September 2015?

Here you go; https://www.11v11.com/matches/crystal-palace-v-charlton-athletic-23-september-2015-317746/
  • The problem in the last game was that the Baggies were pressing up against our dangerous game of playing out from the back.

Teams playing us only have to look at videos to see that Dillon's preferred option is to kick the ball to Naby. The pass is often behind him.

We need to mix things up.
  • Sponsored links:

1. Crusty54 said:
      The problem in the last game was that the Baggies were pressing up against our dangerous game of playing out from the back.

Teams playing us only have to look at videos to see that Dillon's preferred option is to kick the ball to Naby. The pass is often behind him.

Agreed but tell Bowyer, that's how he wants to play.

Source: Dillon during the game at Fleetwood away last season.
  • RedChaser said:
    Away in the league cup wasn't it, night game it all kicked off afterwards September 2015?

Here you go; https://www.11v11.com/matches/crystal-palace-v-charlton-athletic-23-september-2015-317746/
    I thought it had to be, as we haven't played them in the league.

Entertaining night, didn't see much of the football, gave up on that when I saw our line up :-(

Twas the game when the toilets were wrecked, someone on here got the blame and the police brought out their wall.

• And if he can atone for his errors at The Toolbox ....... by scoring the winner against the Spanners at The Valley - he will go down as an all time Charlton legend. 

• Crusty54 said:
    The problem in the last game was that the Baggies were pressing up against our dangerous game of playing out from the back.

I said that to Bowyer and he disagreed.
  •  Simple errors are replicated by higher profile players in the premier every week by defenders. I don't mean when they are skilled up but just basic errors and lack of concentration. 
    Naby has made mistakes in the Championship that have resulted in goals: so have Pearce, Lockyer, Solly, Purrington etc

The Irony is Naby would get a Championship move if he always used his strength and cut out the silly error because he is the go to defender to try the long passes that have led to goals. Plus his other assists and goals. Until we bring defenders into the club of a higher quality, ( I support who ever is picked)  he is in on merit.
    It maybe time for Naby to move on when his contract expires because not sure he will get 6 to 7k a week next time on a 5 year !  Igor was only on a tad more than Sarr.
    He'd be playing in the premier league if he cut out the errors and used his strength. 
  • RedChaser said:

Entertaining night, didn't see much of the football, gave up on that when I saw our line up :-(

Twas the game when the toilets were wrecked, someone on here got the blame and the police brought out their wall.

Had to take a massive detour that night back to my car, would have taken even longer if a sergeant hadn't assessed me as low risk and let me take a bit of a short cut 😎.
  • edited January 2020
    Crusty54 said:

I said that to Bowyer and he disagreed.
    Although over the years I've seen the best teams mix things up ....... and become more difficult to play against, because opponents don't know what to expect.

We are a bit slow and predictable always playing from the back and opponents often close us down.
    And that's when we're at our most vulnerable - we've conceded too many goals from that.

Opponents know this beforehand.

• Nailed on for going to Preston in the Summer!
  • If Exiled says Naby scored v Palace, then I'm confident he did.
    Thumping header from a corner at the Sainsbury's end. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a vague recollection.
  • Simonsen said:
    Thumping header from a corner at the Sainsbury's end. 
    Yep I was there and Gayle got a hattrick for them :(
  • edited January 2020
    I remember it well, young Karlan Aherne-Grant came on as sub and started playing well down the left, we had already been totally out classed by a Palace second string team,  Naby scored with a header and we lost 4-1.
     The returning Charlton fans who showed up for "aggro",  main interest was to chant " Pardew your a CuxT" I know that's no slander was involved but did proved we have zero class and throw bottles towards the palace fans which just showered the Charlton fans towards the front including a couple of charlon players not in the squad that evening and me and the Cafc fans around. 
    As we came out the Police made matters worse by not letting our fans go left where many of us had parked our cars on the other side of South Norwood hill, and directing them toward the place fans coming out of the holmesdale road end. 
    A rubbish night on and off the pitch.

• Nailed on for going to Preston in the Summer!
    Or to join Gobbo at Oxford if they get promoted. He loves to sign his old players! 
  • RedChaser said:

Connor McAleny now there's a shit footballer.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:

Has had his moments in League 1 since.
    After being cosseted in a Premier academy at Everton, playing in men's football is tough for so many  players. For every Conor Gallagher, there are a 1000 Connor McAleny's. Shit footballer, no, it all relative.
  • edited January 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:

Has had his moments in League 1 since.
    After being cosseted in a Premier academy at Everton, playing in men's football is tough for so many  players. For every Conor Gallagher, there are a 1000 Connor McAleny's. Shit footballer, no, it all relative.
    Ok for us a shit footballer. But his strike partner was that Ahearne-Grant who left for Crawley and could hit a ball but barn doors had nothing to fear...

I seem to remember we brought in Karlan Grant as a replacement who started really well before going to the premier.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:

A shit footballer who happens to score against us more often than not when we face him.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:

A shit footballer who happens to score against us more often than not when we face him.
     Scored against us just once his entire career.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:

Scored against us just once his entire career.
    Could have sworn he scored against us @ Fleetwood but soccerbase says otherwise