Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Naby Sarr.

Comments

• sign him up
  • edited February 2020
    I think Naby struggles to play with Pearce because he always looks to take the ball forward. In those circumstances you'd expect your fellow defenders to follow you up the pitch but Pearce doesn't. So Naby has a choice, do I join our attack or drop back to help out Pearce because if we lose the ball we can't play offside. Leads to indecision, but caused by Pearce lack of pace.
  • edited February 2020
    Leuth said:
    My Player Marks have him as one of our best and most consistent players during this recent difficult run. He's really standing up 
    There you are, Leuth ...... fixed it for you.  :wink:

• Dictionary definition of a cult hero. Love him.
  • What a performance! Unreal! Love you Nabs! And great guy too! 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Naby struggles to play with Pearce because he always looks to take the ball forward. In those circumstances you'd expect your fellow defenders to follow you up the pitch but Pearce doesn't. So Naby has a choice, do I join our attack or drop back to help out Pearce because if we lose the ball we can't play offside. Leads to indecision, but caused by Pearce lack of pace.
    Pearce did well today but I do get your point. I think Pratley would be the best option in the middle of the three. Sarr does have weaknesses, but he is also our best defender and with the right players around him could play at a higher level.
  • If he played like that every week, he’s championship quality .  We all know he doesn’t, sadly .  Still, this what about the time when he started to play much better last season- long may it continue. 
  • Outstanding last night he was so quick to press the Forest players but not commit unless he could win the ball eg interception for goal.seemed so up for it from start to finish. How good was the defence start of second half.saying that I thought it noticeable that we pressed higher than normal start of second half.
  • Great game yesterday, there's an amazing player in that big shell, but also one with a mistake or two in him.

I do think he could play at a higher level, with quality beside him I think he'd push on.

I hope he gets offered a new deal, I think he deserves one. Would like to see him play in a three without Pearce. 
  • A few of us can see the player in there and a few can't. I believe with the right players around him that could cover the weaker aspects of his game, he could play in the Premier League. I do know some people will laugh at that and I understand why, but I think you have to open your mind to the clues that are definitely there to see. 
    No pace and no concentration render him anything but a premier league centre back.  
  • A big fan of Naby and would like to see him get a new contract. Seems to get singled out for his mistakes more than our other defenders.

• Sponsored links:

• A big fan of Naby and would like to see him get a new contract. Seems to get singled out for his mistakes more than our other defenders.

I don't think he does- there's plenty of criticism of Pearce and Purrington on here. 
  • Who knew ?
    I've been saying for years he's not a very good defender and he's accidentally found his best position. Left wing.

Naby, oh Naby Sarr runs down the wing for me.
    You joke but there is a serious point here. Naby has only ever played CB because if his physical attributes I.e. size. 

Hes actually technically one of the best players in our squad.

If he was smaller which would have made him a little quicker and more athletic I'm sure he would have been a class midfielder 
  • wmcf123 said:
    A big fan of Naby and would like to see him get a new contract. Seems to get singled out for his mistakes more than our other defenders.

I don't think he does- there's plenty of criticism of Pearce and Purrington on here. 
    I think he's had more than his fair share of blame to the detriment of the positives in his game. 
  • Who knew ?
    I've been saying for years he's not a very good defender and he's accidentally found his best position. Left wing.

You joke but there is a serious point here. Naby has only ever played CB because if his physical attributes I.e. size. 

If he was smaller which would have made him a little quicker and more athletic I'm sure he would have been a class midfielder 
    Take that Sander Berge though who is 6.4ft (?) at Sheffield United - Agree with Leuth when he says he'd like to see him as a Defensive Midfielder, would give him more freedom to roam and would be a bit less emphasis on holding his position
  • Who knew ?

Take that Sander Berge though who is 6.4ft (?) at Sheffield United - Agree with Leuth when he says he'd like to see him as a Defensive Midfielder, would give him more freedom to roam and would be a bit less emphasis on holding his position
    Holding midfield for Naby scares me. A huge, huge part of being an effective holding midfielder is concentration. Being able to read not only where opposition players are and where they're going to be, but also monitoring what your teammates are doing - particularly your full backs - and dropping in to cover them when they go up the pitch. Naby has a lot of great attributes but concentration isn't one of his best and I think we'd suffer with him galivanting around in the middle of the park spraying banter balls around, as hilarious as that would be. It's the same reason no manager has ever trusted David Luiz to be a holding midfielder; sure he can be a total liability when he switched off at the back and he has an excellent passing range and decent creative instincts, but play is built through the middle of the park and if you think Luiz is a problem when he's the last line of defence, just wait until your team are being totally overrun because Dave's gone on a wander again and now there's a 5 on 2 break going on
  • Who knew ?

Holding midfield for Naby scares me. A huge, huge part of being an effective holding midfielder is concentration. Being able to read not only where opposition players are and where they're going to be, but also monitoring what your teammates are doing - particularly your full backs - and dropping in to cover them when they go up the pitch. Naby has a lot of great attributes but concentration isn't one of his best and I think we'd suffer with him galivanting around in the middle of the park spraying banter balls around, as hilarious as that would be. It's the same reason no manager has ever trusted David Luiz to be a holding midfielder; sure he can be a total liability when he switched off at the back and he has an excellent passing range and decent creative instincts, but play is built through the middle of the park and if you think Luiz is a problem when he's the last line of defence, just wait until your team are being totally overrun because Dave's gone on a wander again and now there's a 5 on 2 break going on
    Also not got the pace or athleticism for midfield.
  • I think the way he uses his body and strength, heading and anticipation have cine on leaps and bounds (pardon the pun) this year. Definitely something that has made him seem more assured defensively. He may still not be as consistent but seems more comfortable in his own size and yesterday the way he shielded the ball and won headers was a far cry from the naby of old.