Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Naby Sarr.

Comments

• Huskaris said:
    It's not that Sarr is a terrible player, it's that if you want a player who has incredibly poor decision making and a high tendency to do stepovers to trick himself, let alone the opposition, he needs to be based higher up the field. 

There could be a place for him at Charlton, but not as a CB in my opinion.  
    Way to read the room, pal! 
  • Leuth said:
    No pace? He had a one on one vs Lolley in the second half and matched him stride for stride 
    Didnt say no pace. Hes our quickest CB sure. But he does not have the pace for midfield. Lolley did have the ball in that one too.
  • This thread. Hilarious.
  • Huskaris said:
    It's not that Sarr is a terrible player, it's that if you want a player who has incredibly poor decision making and a high tendency to do stepovers to trick himself, let alone the opposition, he needs to be based higher up the field. 

Given how you've described him you might as well say he's terrible. Fortunately Pearce and Lockyer are both brilliant and don't make mistakes.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Lovely fella, hope he is not part of the squad next year. 

No where near good enough for a half decent Championship team.  Lacks pace, aggression, gets out jumped, goes to ground too easily and is then beaten, prone to an error. 

Sure he can play a bit and scores the odd goal but he is paid, first and foremost, to defend and he is just not that good at it IMO.
    It’s Sarr we’re talking about?
    Exactly.
    Exactly ;-)
  • I said the other day Sarr is a goal threat and needs to start. He's had a few bad moments (Millwall away) but on the whole he's had a good season imo and will be difficult to replace without spending money which we may or may not have 
  • Sponsored links:

• RC_CAFC said:
    I have a theory about Naby, had it for a while and it seems to ring true. 
    He is thin at one end, much thicker in the middle then thin again at the other end?
  • Scoham said:
    Great news to hear

As Bowyer says, yes he makes mistakes but he's certainly good enough to be one of a few Centre Backs at the club
  • RC_CAFC said:
    I have a theory about Naby, had it for a while and it seems to ring true. 
    He is thin at one end, much thicker in the middle then thin again at the other end?
    Pythonesque
  • Yes, great news. Bowyer appreciates that both Taylor and Sarr are key players for us. It is interesting the point he made about Taylor in that a couple of things need to happen at the club. This is surely a message to ESI as well as us. If they want to have a go next season, Sarr, Taylor and Williams need their contracts to be extended.
  • I’m sure you’re all thinking it, but the cryptic bowyer message there about ‘things’ Taylor needs to happen at the club are intriguing aren’t they. What’s not right lyle??
  • There weren't too many at The Valley when Naby made his debut in the League Cup against Dagenham and Redbridge but I was one of the few. I thought he looked very useful that day; solid in defence and willing to go forward with the ball and expected to see him to form a decent partnership with Patrick Bauer; but it wasn't to be, well for two or three years anyway. Credit to him for not giving up; he could have taken his high salary and sat on the bench or stayed at home but no; he worked at it under Bowyer and has become a very important member of the first team squad. I hope we keep him as we definitely play better football with him in the side.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's the best thing I've heard today.

Looking forward to a few more years of BeckenSarr the Enforcer in our side.
  • Good news as far as I am concerned. I like to watch him and feel his positives outweigh the negatives, i.e. the occasional mistake.
    I enjoy watching him play - never a dull moment. Overall he adds to the team.
  • When he’s good, he’s as good a defender as I’ve seen at the Valley. When he’s bad he’s the polar opposite.
    if I had to choose between him and Pearce, it’s Naby all day long.
    Against the better teams he’s good.
    he struggles against the poorer sides 
  • Loved the interception and cross, sublime. 

The back pass through Dills in the play off final, well that turned out ok but god imagine if it hadn’t. 

He’s still quite young at 26 and i think he will continue to improve. Helps when he plays with players who will fill in when he gets pulled out of shape. 

Better in a back 3 I think mainlY because he struggles to hold his position in the middle of 4. If he could adapt, he’d be a brilliant championship and maybe decent premiership player. I’d keep him if we can. 
  • Great how much he's improved since the bambi on ice early days. That cross was ridiculous
  • Talal said:
    What a Valentine's day gift that is for Leuth. 
    Not just Leuth. Whatever his faults I'm a big fan of Naby!
    As am I. 

:heart: Naby :heart:

• PWR - Sarr is a no from me. We need better next season. 
  • edited February 2020
    Huskaris said:
    Leuth said:
    Huskaris said:

Way to read the room, pal! 
    Enjoy the one day in your life where people actually agree with you. 
    I think you're wrong on this one Huskaris. Apparently so does Bowyer.